Unconscionable Rotterdam TA boarding line

boze9999

26 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I’m seeing the same report for those boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam.  On that FB post they stated that everyone needs a Covid test.

Is that NA or NS?  NA is in Huatulco today?

• Like 2

HAL Passengers embarking in USA ports need a certificate of s negative pcr or antigen test made 3 or 2 days before boarding/embarkation. Is it not? And no free test at embarkation like here in Amsterdam? 

See craxy for cats f.e.

Edited by MAVIP
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, john2003 said:

This situation is my worst nightmare of cruising. Leadership suddenly disappears so the problem just compounds and one is caught with no options.

My option would be to leave and come back in 3 hours. Not a chance in hell I am standing in that line. 

Edited by Laminator
  • Like 11

Sorry, but I can't believe THAT many people would show up at the same (wrong?) time AND that the line is not moving--boarding has never gone slowly like this without their being either a delay in boarding the ship in the first place, or as someone mentioned, covid testing--covid isn't over either for crew or guests--just because many are tired of covid and wish to be done with the prevention rules doesn't mean covid and its ability to be easily transmitted are gone.

Plus, on board, if one crew member becomes infected, they have to isolate and it seems that those with whom they have had contact also have to isolate until they do not test positive.  And passengers are still getting it and transmitting it to others. . . .so I wouldn't be surprised if HAL is being more strict about testing, at the port.

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Like 5

I read on the roll call board for this cruise HAL is requiring everyone to take a covid test. I read that HAL sent out an email that this poster posted on the roll call Friday stating that all pax must have a negative covid test 24 hours prior to departure for this TA cruise. I am sure that is causing the vast majority of this issue. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am at the port.   The CDC ordered testing for everyone on the Rotterdam and the Statendam at 8 am today.  It is actually moving fairly well.  I don’t have a clue why they made this decision 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I am at the port.   The CDC ordered testing for everyone on the Rotterdam and the Statendam at 8 am today.  It is actually moving fairly well.  I don’t have a clue why they made this decision 

Someone posted in a roll call that the EU changed their requirements yesterday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

Sorry, but I can't believe THAT many people would show up at the same (wrong?) time

Unfortunately I CAN believe that many people would show up at the same wrong time. Check out at most hotels is still either 11am or noon. Several threads on Cruise Critics and on at least two Facebook pages have asked if the boarding times are being enforced and most of the answers have been that they are not. The common response has been to show up when you want to and you will be able to board.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Laminator said:

Someone posted in a roll call that the EU changed their requirements yesterday. 

Interesting. I will let you know if I hear anything.   The Rotterdam is reportedly full and the Statendam is at 1200 pax

• Like 2

Waiting in the NS line. It's more organized and less chaos than an hour ago when we arrived, but still crazy. Broward FD stopped by to hand out waters before a crew member showed up with more. Still going to be on today tho!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This had nothing to do with assigned times. Holland America required all people to be tested at the terminal prior to boarding. The terminal had to be set up for testing. Holland America should have dispensed with the three day prior test if they knew in advance that all passengers would be tested at the terminal. it's poor planning on Holland Americas part and incompetence with shoreside management.

• Like 1