Cruise Planner Sales Bad

Deluxe beverage package in my cruise planner still says "buy one get one 50% off" just like it said yesterday, but the price went up $10  (from $62 to $72) 🙄.

Refreshment package went down though. From $30 to $23, which sounds like it's about as low as it goes unless there's a really good sale, so I bought it, but will keep my eyes out for it to go to $19, just in case.

Ultimate dining went down from $219 to $207. I'm waiting to see if it goes to $189. If not I guess I'll probably buy it even if it goes back up to $219, but I'm not in a hurry so it's not worth buying yet, even though I know I can cancel and rebook. 

Cococay day pass went down by $3 from $101 to $98. Wasn't planning to buy this but it's one of the prices I noticed had changed with today's fake sale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

I'm kicking myself for not buying the drink package yesterday. it was $66 a day. It's now $72

I purchased package for $66 hoping it would go down but now I’m thinking I got a “deal”. Hate when Royal does this.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

Mine was fluctuating between $66 and $69 for months.

I just checked my Mariner cruise for July. It was $69 last week, yesterday it jumped to $72, it's now $78. 

Same for my mariner cruise in Sept.

7 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Deluxe beverage package in my cruise planner still says "buy one get one 50% off" just like it said yesterday, but the price went up $10  (from $62 to $72) 🙄.

Refreshment package went down though. From $30 to $23, which sounds like it's about as low as it goes unless there's a really good sale, so I bought it, but will keep my eyes out for it to go to $19, just in case.

Ultimate dining went down from $219 to $207. I'm waiting to see if it goes to $189. If not I guess I'll probably buy it even if it goes back up to $219, but I'm not in a hurry so it's not worth buying yet, even though I know I can cancel and rebook. 

Cococay day pass went down by $3 from $101 to $98. Wasn't planning to buy this but it's one of the prices I noticed had changed with today's fake sale. 

Same for our next sailing on the Oasis.  I am kicking myself.  $98 for a drink package is RIDICULOUS.  How is the sale better than yesterday's sale but the price went from $65 to $72?  Make it make sense Royal.

• Like 1

I've learned to go ahead and buy whatever package and keep looking at the pricing.  If it goes down before the cruise, I call Royal and they adjust it for me.  Takes a bit of time but it worth it to me.  Sometimes I think that Royal sees that I'm looking at deals and inflates the pricing accordingly; again, just my own opinion. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Be forewarned.  On the October 8 night Explorer for over a year the UDP fluctuated between $192 and $216, with the 3 night never moving off $89.  A week ago it jumped to $296/$120.  Today's "sale" is $280/$120.  So you can't plan on it staying the same.  Similarly, for months the UBP was $70, normally dropping to $66 for BOGO.  Thinking it was going to drop with today's sale, I was going to pull the trigger at $66.  The BOGO is now $73, more than yesterday's $70 non-sale price.  Check amazon as there may be a run on rum runners.... especially at $100/day for UBP.  Yikes...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

I also just noticed that the drink package with voom deal has disappeared.  You now have to buy them separately.  It was there two days ago...

The DBP + VOOM wasn't a good deal anyhow unless you were solo.  For two passengers, you were usually better off buying the DBP and a separate VOOM package for two devices.  The difference wasn't much, maybe $20 in most cases, but there's no sense in giving away money!

• Like 3

Our November sailing on Voyager had the supposed BOGO deluxe drink package sale at $58/person for the past few months on and off which I still thought was high, especially since this cruise has no sea days so we wouldn't be on the ship as much.  Now the "sale" is listed at $70/person!  That's ridiculous.

31 minutes ago, cuccumella said:

My jan 2 anthem sailing deluxe beverage package is sitting at $90 per day?? absolute insanity

Oasis March 2023 even more (counting exchange).  It is $123.65 CAD.  Ouch.

It was just released so I'm sure there will be a "sale" but pretty sure we will be purchasing drinks as we go.

(Just noticed post above so same price once converted)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruiseenthusiast101 said:

Is it just me or have the cruise planner sales become terrible since the restart? On my current cruise with the new “promotion” that started today, prices have gone down by a few dollars while many items have gone up. Is this happening for anyone else?

It's ridiculous! $99/day for the beverage package?! They are nuts.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

It's ridiculous! $99/day for the beverage package?! They are nuts.

At that price my guess is most people are better off paying out of pocket. But I also see a psychological "experiment" going on with these sales.

Some people who thought a price was too high, suddenly wish they could buy it at that previously high price once it goes up even higher. So maybe the 'Royal-Plan' is to create this type of thinking in people so they can normalize the higher prices. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

Simple answer.......... people are cruising again! Mask mandate basically over, Covid testing may be cut way back soon. The cruise lines are in control again....whether you like it or not!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

At that price my guess is most people are better off paying out of pocket. But I also see a psychological "experiment" going on with these sales.

Some people who thought a price was too high, suddenly wish they could buy it at that previously high price once it goes up even higher. So maybe the 'Royal-Plan' is to create this type of thinking in people so they can normalize the higher prices. 

Exactly!

What are the odds the price will go down soon?  Ours went 66-72 for an August sailing.  One of our group is extremely reluctant to buy at the new price, and I may have a hard time persuading him, so if a drop is expected, I can just wait it out.