Sanctum Spa no longer a suite perk

mappyuk

Just received EMail from Dawn regarding Spa and Sanctum Perk.  She informed me there have been no changes to Suite benefits.  I take that as its still available for CC guests. Yipee

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vivasea said:

Just received EMail from Dawn regarding Spa and Sanctum Perk.  She informed me there have been no changes to Suite benefits.  I take that as its still available for CC guests. Yipee

Any word on whether non suite guests can still purchase a pass?

We are currently on Pursuit in a CC Suite. I stopped by the spa yesterday to ask about the sanctum spa being included. I was told that we would receive a letter in our room detailing what is included. Here is the letter we received. Unlike the Onward letter that was posted, ours does not include it. 

F1E75197-364C-4785-A557-579D1A6BB80D.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Josephgray1 said:

The hotel director is Ngawhira Fleet. I didn’t ask about purchasing a pass, I can try to ask about both that as well as the discrepancy with it being included on Onward. 

I think an answer to these two questions would help many of us who are trying to understand what's going on. Thanks for your help - and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

I think I read in another thread that passes to the Thallasso Spa pool area was sold for 20$ pr day. 

We sailed with Ngawhira just before Covid. We found her very helpful and able Hotel Director.

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

I think I read in another thread that passes to the Thallasso Spa pool area was sold for 20$ pr day. 

We sailed with Ngawhira just before Covid. We found her very helpful and able Hotel Director.

The per day is an expensive way of doing it. I've always bought a pass for the cruise which is much better value ($99 for the whole cruise, regardless of length). Hopefully they will still do this arrangement. 

Phil 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Any updates from recent cruisers regarding use of the steam, sauna, and other spa access?  Are passes being sold?  Is access included in any cabin category?

Just back from Onward, Spa access is included in all CC suites as well as Spa and Top suites. Not aware of passes being sold to other categories but no doubt someone else will know. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mara01 said:

Just back from Onward, Spa access is included in all CC suites as well as Spa and Top suites. Not aware of passes being sold to other categories but no doubt someone else will know. Hope this helps. 

And it's still very clear on the new website that it's included: image.png.24d536c6605a16f8946ccb3b22fa416f.png

• Like 1

I guess someone at Azamara listened and restored the spa deck access for those in CC suites. This certainly wasn't the case on our December 2022 cruise.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tgg said:

I guess someone at Azamara listened and restored the spa deck access for those in CC suites. This certainly wasn't the case on our December 2022 cruise.

Thanks for the update.

And the reason we didn’t book a CC in November so lost revenue- it was a stupid decision 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

Wasn't there initially a theory that this change was due to the larger number of CC suites on Onward?  So it would seem that they didn't foresee the impact on the other ships.  But there remains the discrepancy in capacity for Onward vs the others.  Maybe they can sell passes on the three 'original' ships only? 

Thanks for the information.  Just checked the website and the general cabin information for all ships  lists this benefit.   We embark on Journey on Saturday so looking forward to trying this perk as we are in a CC suite.  We bid for a CC last year and were successful but didnt think the Spa was available. We have done lots of Azamara cruises in Verandas or OV but after glancing at the Spa certainly decided it was not worth paying extra for.  We are Viking cruisers also and the two areas do not compare.

However I will be happy to give it a try on our cruise which appears to be full.  Not sure what the Spa capacity is ?

3 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Thanks for the information.  Just checked the website and the general cabin information for all ships  lists this benefit.   We embark on Journey on Saturday so looking forward to trying this perk as we are in a CC suite.  We bid for a CC last year and were successful but didnt think the Spa was available. We have done lots of Azamara cruises in Verandas or OV but after glancing at the Spa certainly decided it was not worth paying extra for.  We are Viking cruisers also and the two areas do not compare.

However I will be happy to give it a try on our cruise which appears to be full.  Not sure what the Spa capacity is ?

When we were on Onward this month there were 8 loungers each side, but not sure on the other ships at the moment. 

• Like 1

Actually reached Azamara via phone this morning!  Spa passes are available onboard.  No idea of price, but at least a pass can be purchased.  Also asked about our Loyalty points (all are missing).  Told to check back early July.

• Thanks 1

I seem to recall paying $175 for a couple and maybe $99 for individual pre Covid.  The last time we did, the spa deck had few comfortable chairs and very little shade (sorry I can’t remember which ship).  Perhaps ask for a tour before paying so you see what you’re getting.  When we did our Norway cruise the tub was fabulous.  Also, check on their drink policy - can you bring in drinks ?  I seem to recall some issue with this. We have also been advised to purchase the spa passes as soon as possible because there is a limited number.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whitby100 said:

I seem to recall paying $175 for a couple and maybe $99 for individual pre Covid.  The last time we did, the spa deck had few comfortable chairs and very little shade (sorry I can’t remember which ship).  Perhaps ask for a tour before paying so you see what you’re getting.  When we did our Norway cruise the tub was fabulous.  Also, check on their drink policy - can you bring in drinks ?  I seem to recall some issue with this. We have also been advised to purchase the spa passes as soon as possible because there is a limited number.

This is good info. Not all ships have been created equally as far as spa deck furniture is concerned. My experience with drinks service has ranged from someone coming round periodically (which varies according to how good the staff member is and how busy they are elsewhere) to a yellow phone to the pool bar which worked excellently. 

Phil 

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This is good info. Not all ships have been created equally as far as spa deck furniture is concerned. My experience with drinks service has ranged from someone coming round periodically (which varies according to how good the staff member is and how busy they are elsewhere) to a yellow phone to the pool bar which worked excellently. 

Phil 

You’re right Phil. Onward does not have the sofas or tables and chairs that the other ships have, just the loungers and a hanging chair in each of the two corners. There are also umbrellas over the loungers. Drinks service was very good, with waiters coming round regularly. 

IMG_8029.jpeg

That is definitely not the set up from any of my spa deck experiences.  I have not been on Onward, but have experienced the other 3.  They originally had a day bed for their sleep under the stars experience, which I now believe is discontinued.  There were a few chairs and loungers and I don’t recall an umbrella (I targeted the day bed for the shade).  Has anyone photos from any of the other 3 ships?