Cruise Critic will be on Celebrity Beyond - what do you want to know?

• Members

Hi all! 

I will be boarding the new Celebrity Beyond in Southampton Saturday for two "mini cruises" for the press. In total, I'm onboard for four nights. 

Drop me your questions and I'll try to find answers while onboard! Looking forward to this one. I'm a big fan of Edge class. 

Chris 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have never been on an E class but will be on the Beyond next winter. What improvements have they made to the missteps on the Edge and Apex?  For example, have they improved the chairs on the IV so you can see over the wall?

Thank you for taking questions. I am interested in the new specialty restaurant, Le Voyage. If possible, can you share menu information and the decor. Also, I noticed in photos, they made adjustments to the colors of some areas. Especially to Cafe al Bacio. Please let us know what you think. Mark

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I'm interested in seeing if they have added any spots on the ship that give non-suite guests access (indoor or outdoor) to Forward facing views. 

From the published deck plans, it doesn't look like they did, except from the Fitness Center and Spa. 

mac_tlc

• Haha 1

I'm curious if there are any changes to the spa. The Spas are identical on the Edge and Apex,so it would interesting if any enhancements were made.

I REALLY wish they would utilize the outside forward deck at the spa. It's such a wonderful space but it's terribly wasted on both the Edge and Apex since there's no seating, no nothing except for a few sculptures.

We are booked in a Sunset Verandah on deck 12 and would like to know what furniture they have eg just table and chairs and is it the same style of chairs and table as on Edge and Apex. Also some interior and balcony pictures of a sunset verandah would be very nice!

Thank you 

Good morning! I am interested in the length of the walking track. I saw on the new diagrams that the walking track now winds behind the movie screen in the Rooftop Garden. On the Edge and Apex, it winds between the Rooftop Garden kitchen and restaurant (4.5 laps = 1 mile approximately).  I saw that the Beyond is 'stretched', so the distance may be made up in the longer legs on other parts of the ship. Just curious!!

We are big fans of Edge class ships as well; just had to get used to no forward facing lounge for non-suite guests.  LOVE the infinite verandas as well!

Enjoy your cruises and thanks in advance for all the info!

I’d be interested in knowing if the Sky Suites with vertical poles on their balconies are in the same configuration as on the Edge/Apex:  blocks of four suites in a row, with the two in the middle having the poles on their balconies. 

Thanks for taking questions, and have a great time! 

• Thanks 1

Is the Daniel Boulud restaurant open on the Beyond?  I read the capacity is 50 pax so I imagine it's hard to get a reservation?

We had a pretty "interesting" Goop discussion.  I read about Gwenyth Paltrow possibly being on a Beyond cruise?  I read about 4/27 but is it confirmed that she will be on board?

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I’d be interested in knowing if the Sky Suites with vertical poles on their balconies are in the same configuration as on the Edge/Apex:  blocks of four suites in a row, with the two in the middle having the poles on their balconies. 

Thanks for taking questions, and have a great time! 

FWIW, I have the same question and this is a picture of the sky suites just aft of magic carpet on decks 10 and 11. You can see the supports holding up deck 14 over 12,  and I think you can see the pipes which are water downspouts, I think. I have a difficult time making out what's the balcony divider and downspouts (and part of the door window might create an illusion of there being a pipe?  But it looks like the same concept you mention. a 50/50 chance.

If you know what you are looking for you are better off.

My booked cabin for a b3b I think is where the rolls of carpet (the white things that look like logs) are laid out and mine is further back, the last 3 or 4 of the rolls) andthe more I look the more I think the frame of the sliding door ends up looking like a divider or downspout.

It is what it is as I do not want to change cabins at end of each segment, and that was the only choice I had, but it would be nice not to have the pipe right there.

image.thumb.png.d5b1dc8c11bcc2b6446ca5c53d38a0d8.png

Edited by HMR74
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2022 at 6:06 AM, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Hi all! 

I will be boarding the new Celebrity Beyond in Southampton Saturday for two "mini cruises" for the press. In total, I'm onboard for four nights. 

Drop me your questions and I'll try to find answers while onboard! Looking forward to this one. I'm a big fan of Edge class. 

Chris 

Can you let us know if they’ll be administering tests before boarding. We’ll be arriving in Barcelona on 10/20 and TA cruise IS ON 10/12. My results from FL will be 72 hours old so I’m not sure they’ll accept them although a lot can change by October. So excited you’re going to sail on this beautiful new ship! Enjoy! 

3 hours ago, HMR74 said:

FWIW, I have the same question and this is a picture of the sky suites just aft of magic carpet on decks 10 and 11. You can see the supports holding up deck 14 over 12,  and I think you can see the pipes which are water downspouts, I think. I have a difficult time making out what's the balcony divider and downspouts (and part of the door window might create an illusion of there being a pipe?  But it looks like the same concept you mention. a 50/50 chance.

If you know what you are looking for you are better off.

My booked cabin for a b3b I think is where the rolls of carpet (the white things that look like logs) are laid out and mine is further back, the last 3 or 4 of the rolls) andthe more I look the more I think the frame of the sliding door ends up looking like a divider or downspout.

It is what it is as I do not want to change cabins at end of each segment, and that was the only choice I had, but it would be nice not to have the pipe right there.

image.thumb.png.d5b1dc8c11bcc2b6446ca5c53d38a0d8.png

I was told that it is the same configuration because the ship was just elongated to add the extra cabins...FWIW.  I booked my suite with this in mind, but soon we will know for sure.

Edited by Lastdance

6 hours ago, little miss chatterbox said:

I’ve heard that on the retreat deck there is something that sprays out a misting of water (to keep you cool), is this true and is this on the normal sun deck too?

Where did you hear this?

Thank you for taking questions. I’m interested to know the bar situation on the new ship. What bourbons do they have? Do they have the dark brandied cherries? Do they have large 2 inch clear ice cubes for cocktails?