Worst experience booking a Celebrity cruise

chuka28

I know, I typed ‘Signing Off’ because I didn’t see this going anywhere except a continuing list of general undefined complaints, but since the word ‘lie’ is being tossed around by more posters, I’ll chime in:

a Lie is to make an intentionally false statement, to deceive. With no examples, I guess that’s possible, but I wonder if someone thinks any change was known by the agent who lied to them. Itineraries have and will change; COVID related requirements have and will change; boarding procedures have and will change; what various, including X, cruise lines provide as options have and will change, sometimes daily.

If someone can’t handle this, then maybe it’s best to go on vacations where they drive around themselves, making their own daily decisions…..and hope no accidents occur ahead of them, requiring a change in their ‘itinerary’, or the weather changes, or the car has issues, or…..etc.  I’d hate for them to think they lied to themselves!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Easier said then done.

Actually the easy way is to ask posters from Cruise Critic at the Meet and Greet or later on board.  All of us will gladly share names and contact info.  I booked 2 cruises today that were done professionally.   In both cases the TA had group space and I was able to save about 10% on my bookings AND my deposits are refundable up to final payment. 

You are correct, there are many newbies at both the cruiselines and as TAs that lack knowledge.   Hope my solution helps.

As we suspected the OP is not responding.  Sad.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Perfect recommendation, @Arizona Wildcat! My wife and I teach a travel class, and have a TA come in one day to talk on what is provided. We move that around to different ones. Also, I’ll have other TA contact info available…..but I make sure the TA I have info on is a professional who I know or is recommended by an experienced traveler. 

I’m sure those that have issues finding professional TA’s have friends that travel…….ask. 

OK Luvcrusn, I’ll Sign off…..again!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, chuka28 said:

Called Celebrity Cruises Customer Service, which should be called CUSTOMER DISSERVICE with questions.  I was lied to about the cruise promotion and price

and then treated badly when I questioned the booking confirmation information,  having made to wait endlessly on hold to try to resolve the problem. 

We have cruised extensively worldwide with many other cruise lines, and  was looking forward to trying Celebrity for the first time,

but the inability to find someone honest and willing to help on land, made me think twice about setting out to sea with this type of company.

If you have booked, cancel, if not do not book...

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, littlemisshoney said:

Wait till you try to board, chaos at Silhoette boarding this morning with "IT" (may stand for idiot technology)  issues. 21 years of cruising, may be our last till Covid finally disappears, reckoned to be another 2/3 years, just getting too stressful, however 2 drinks in the sun improves things.   

not sure what chaos you encountered but our embarkation on Silhouette in March was the most amazing experience.  From the time we reached the terminal to the time we were checked in was about 10 minutes.  Our check in time was 10:30 and we were allowed on the ship at 11:15,

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, chuka28 said:

Called Celebrity Cruises Customer Service, which should be called CUSTOMER DISSERVICE with questions.  I was lied to about the cruise promotion and price

and then treated badly when I questioned the booking confirmation information,  having made to wait endlessly on hold to try to resolve the problem. 

We have cruised extensively worldwide with many other cruise lines, and  was looking forward to trying Celebrity for the first time,

but the inability to find someone honest and willing to help on land, made me think twice about setting out to sea with this type of company.

This is why you should book online...

• Haha 1