Classic Stateroom Bar Set Up - worth doing?

NeroliGirl

Has anyone purchased the 'Classic Stateroom Bar Set Up' package and if so would you recommend?

I'm looking at this package for our upcoming 10-day cruise on Beyond. It's around £90 for the 10 days, and for that you get a bottle of (basic) spirits of your choice and a selection of mixers. But now that all bookings have the Classic Drinks package included, I'm not seeing a huge benefit in the Bar Set-up apart from not having to leave your cabin to track down a drink from one of the many bars on board. I suppose if you've gone for cruise-only pricing it may work out cheaper than paying for drinks individually.

Or am I missing something?

17 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

Has anyone purchased the 'Classic Stateroom Bar Set Up' package and if so would you recommend?

I'm looking at this package for our upcoming 10-day cruise on Beyond. It's around £90 for the 10 days, and for that you get a bottle of (basic) spirits of your choice and a selection of mixers. But now that all bookings have the Classic Drinks package included, I'm not seeing a huge benefit in the Bar Set-up apart from not having to leave your cabin to track down a drink from one of the many bars on board. I suppose if you've gone for cruise-only pricing it may work out cheaper than paying for drinks individually.

Or am I missing something?

Convenience mainly…

• 6 months later...

It depends on how much you enjoy a drink in your room…Personally we tend to enjoy a long drink late afternoon/early evening in our room before getting ready for dinner and then a late night cognac on the balcony. 

It is nice late afternoon not to leave the room to get drinks to carry back, especially if you have just woken up from a siesta. Also nice late evening not to have to carry a glass back… 

I guess it comes down to two things…Do you regularly enjoy the same tipple daily in your room and is it worth the price for convenience? If you like variety in your drinks (late night sometimes a Bailey’s sometimes a cognac, sometimes a….) then not worth it but if you both, for example, enjoy a G+T every afternoon then worth it. £90 is a small % of your cruise cost.

Two bottles of spirits come with our usual rooms. If it didn’t we would probably get just the late afternoon tipple and tote back our evening one as we are invariably coming from a bar anyway!

If it adds an extra bit of magic go for it! Sometimes it is the little extras you add on to a cruise that make it special!

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

We do it often just as a convenience.   We have always purchased the Premium Bar Setup for $120.   You select a one liter bottle of Liquor of your choice within the product.   They will also bring you mixers of your choice. 

It is not one a common purchase and our well experienced butler had never heard of it but said he would check for us as I had purchased it.   About a 1/2 hour later the Bar Manager showed up with the bottle and mixers we requested. 

While not the most economic decision if on a package but it is nice to have a drink while getting ready for dinner and maybe a night cap without having to run down to a bar.   

• 4 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, Jim_Iain said:

We do it often just as a convenience.   We have always purchased the Premium Bar Setup for $120.   You select a one liter bottle of Liquor of your choice within the product.   They will also bring you mixers of your choice. 

It is not one a common purchase and our well experienced butler had never heard of it but said he would check for us as I had purchased it.   About a 1/2 hour later the Bar Manager showed up with the bottle and mixers we requested. 

While not the most economic decision if on a package but it is nice to have a drink while getting ready for dinner and maybe a night cap without having to run down to a bar.   

This is exactly what we are doing.  I like to have a drink while I am getting ready to go dinner or if we just want to hang in the room.  We also have the drink package and we are bringing 4 bottles of wine with us on the boat, so we can have our favs at dinner.

The Premium bar set up is showing up as $208.99 for our sailing.  I cannot justify to myself, much less my DW, spending that much for the convenience of not having to walk down a flight or two of stairs to get a drink.  I could see myself getting it at the old prices but not at the current ones. 

• Like 1

So - we didn't go for the Classic Stateroom Bar Set Up in the end - we upgraded our Classic drinks to Premium and were content just to shuffle along to the OceanView bar for our 'getting ready' drinks.

For our upcoming 7-day cruise on Edge it's now £124 for the Classic Stateroom Bar Room setup (and £185 for the new 'Premium' option), so the price has definitely gone up. I imagine it might be worth it now if you've gone for Cruise-only pricing, but we have drinks and tips included so we'll just go for the Premium drinks upgrade as usual. Maybe we'll win a move-up and get our butler to bring the drinks!! 😉

• Like 1

The price went up when Celebrity started raising prices on basically everything.  I was thinking about doing it for my 1/15/23 Beyond cruise when is was $100 for basic and $130 for premium.  The price almost doubled so Celebrity made the decision very easy, No Thanks.

• Like 2