Unmasking… new protocols 4/22

4 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Funny as many unvaccinated were worried about getting it from the vaccinated people lol. Almost all my vaccinated friends have had covid.

Because vaccinated people are asymptomatic, or have milder symptoms?  I can see that.

Edited by pcur
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, pcur said:

My previous post was rather widely misinterpreted.  I was concerned about GETTING COVID FROM unvaccinated people of any age.

Interesting to note that while I've been mostly cruising since mid-February, coughing and hacking on board ship went from none to a friend going home with (non-COVID) pneumonia last week. It came on after masks were no longer required.

Oh, it might assist some in their decisions to know, and read, that reinfections after having COVID certainly do happen.

Me? I expect to get my 13th negative COVID test in 2.5 months when I get my masked face home in 2 days.   

Happy cruising, everyone!!

Since anyone with covid, vaccinated or not can be contagious I would think that you would be concerned about either population.  Good luck on that test since I have been reading a lot of posts stating that people tested positive even though they stayed masked and away from other people most of the time.  

• Like 3

OK, back to cruising. I have found that, yet again, people are now getting respiratory illnesses on cruise ships.  I could tell from the start of coughing right after masks were optional, and now, several weeks later, I'm listening to more and more.

Draw your own conclusions, and make your own decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

OK w/ the protocols?  Cruise if you’d like…..it’s a great time to cruise again.  Not ok w/ protocols?  Don’t cruise…..very simple.

True. I cruise with MY protocols.

1 minute ago, pcur said:

OK, back to cruising. I have found that, yet again, people are now getting respiratory illnesses on cruise ships.  I could tell from the start of coughing right after masks were optional, and now, several weeks later, I'm listening to more and more.

Draw your own conclusions, and make your own decisions. 

How about allergy season???

• Like 5

Just now, bucfan2 said:

As long as they don’t conflict w/ the approved protocols, that’s perfect.

My protocols are test before each cruise on my own, wear a mask in crowded areas, and try to stay off crowded elevators.

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Oh ok so you can tell the difference by sound in a persons cough from allergies vs Covid? Maybe you need to take off your tin foil hat.

Allergies, in No CA tend to be in the sinuses, with drier hacking coughs.  What I am hearing over the last 10 days are more wet and "chesty" coughs.

Just trying to be factual and help a little here................

4 minutes ago, pcur said:

I'm like a walking, talking, typing guinea pig.  I've been sailing from when testing was required, and masking, too; to no test and no masks.  YMMV.

That’s great, and we’re real proud of ya.  For knowledge, what lines don’t require testing?  I’d like to try them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

Allergies, in No CA tend to be in the sinuses, with drier hacking coughs.  What I am hearing over the last 10 days are more wet and "chesty" coughs.

Covid coughs are dry.   Allergy/sinus coughs are wet.  Look it up.  I just got over a sinus infection I caught while on EN a couple of weeks ago (cold moved to sinuses almost immediately).  It was a very productive cough and when tested when I got home, I was negative for flu and covid and was diagnosed with sinusitis.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

That’s great, and we’re real proud of ya.  For knowledge, what lines don’t require testing?  I’d like to try them. 

RCCL no longer requires testing. At least as of 5/2.

14 minutes ago, BND said:

Covid coughs are dry.   Allergy/sinus coughs are wet.  Look it up.  I just got over a sinus infection I caught while on EN a couple of weeks ago (cold moved to sinuses almost immediately).  It was a very productive cough and when tested when I got home, I was negative for flu and covid and was diagnosed with sinusitis.

OK, clarification needed again:  I'm talking about repiratory infections in general, and one of our group went home 2 days ago, tested negative for COVID, and was diagnosed with pneumonia. I also heard a LOT of similar coughing around the ship (like I used to when I would come home with an URI).  

So not interested in this debate any more.  Time for the DL and dinner.  Happy cruising.

Edited by pcur

1 hour ago, pcur said:

RCCL no longer requires testing. At least as of 5/2.

You’re talking on B2B…completely missed that part of your discussion.  Thanks. 

Edited by bucfan2

4 hours ago, pcur said:

That's what I have! Runny nose and a wet drippy cough. I don't know if it is a souvenir from the cruise or something I picked up here. :classic_unsure:

11 hours ago, pcur said:

OK, clarification needed again:  I'm talking about repiratory infections in general, and one of our group went home 2 days ago, tested negative for COVID, and was diagnosed with pneumonia. I also heard a LOT of similar coughing around the ship (like I used to when I would come home with an URI).  

So not interested in this debate any more.  Time for the DL and dinner.  Happy cruising.

I love when people get corrected on something that can be proven, that they're "not interested in debating anymore".  You posted something, I countered with a fact.  Upper respiratory infections(which include colds and sinusitis as well as bronchitis/pneumonia) cause productive coughs.  Covid does not.

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, BND said:

I love when people get corrected on something that can be proven, that they're "not interested in debating anymore".  You posted something, I countered with a fact.  Upper respiratory infections(which include colds and sinusitis as well as bronchitis/pneumonia) cause productive coughs.  Covid does not.

Indeed.  And all credibility was lost when they 'no more testing required'...and then, crickets.....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pcur said:

Because vaccinated people are asymptomatic, or have milder symptoms?  I can see that.

Actually one of our friends, a couple, whom we had very close contact with and never got Covid from, one is vaccinated, the other is not. Both got covid, both had the exact same symptoms, nothing less from the vaccinated one. I think it all does depend on person to person though and how good your immune system is. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Indeed.  And all credibility was lost when they 'no more testing required'...and then, crickets.....

I'm on my 4th of 4 cruises b2b on the Navigator.  We no longer had to be tested for the 5/2 cruise. I was told by the ship staff I spoke with, that all pre-cruise testing was no longer required. This may be ship-specific, and not fleetwide.