Hotel Recommendations for Miami Cruise Port

AF-1

3 hours ago, mominwestlake said:

Can you tell me which Marriott it shares the lobby with?  I have Marriott points to use.  Thank you.

I believe its the Marriott Biscayne Bay

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:49 AM, AF-1 said:

My wife and I will be sailing on Freedom of the Seas on Jan 2023.  We are flying in two day prior and would love to hear about hotels near the cruise port where you can walk around and do some shopping and eat.  I read there is a metrorail that transports you from the cruise port area to the Brickell area.  Thanks for any recommendations.   I am open to all comments.  cheers

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell a week ago and the renovations to the rooms are fantastic.  Service was great, breakfast was great and it’s in the perfect area.  Of course I lived on on Brickell Ave for 8 years so I’m partial to the area but I highly recommend the hotel.  You will have many restaurants within walking distance and the shopping at Brickell City Centre.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell a week ago and the renovations to the rooms are fantastic.  Service was great, breakfast was great and it’s in the perfect area.  Of course I lived on on Brickell Ave for 8 years so I’m partial to the area but I highly recommend the hotel.  You will have many restaurants within walking distance and the shopping at Brickell City Centre.  

I have this hotel booked for my January cruise.  Thanks for the update.  Quick question;  how far from the ferris wheel park is this hotel; and can we take the trolly there? I also was looking at the courtyard Marriott on Brickell

Edited by AF-1

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I have this hotel booked for my January cruise.  Thanks for the update.  Quick question;  how far from the ferris wheel park is this hotel; and can we take the trolly there? I also was looking at the courtyard Marriott on Brickell

Courtyard by Marriott is an older hotel that hasn’t been renovated (needs a refresh) and is right on the downtown side.  Honestly for walking around at night, I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn as well as the fact that the room as are all nicely renovated.  You have Walgreens, CVS, two Publix grocery stores, liquor stores, Citi Centre and many restaurants all right there.  The Courtyard is super close to Whole Foods though.

I lived on Brickell Ave for 8 years super close to the Hampton Inn so know the area very well.  

The Ferris Wheel is about 1.5 miles walking.  You can also grab the free metro mover at either the 10th street stop or Brickell stop and get off at College Bayside to get there.  I preferred this over the trolley because traffic can be so horrendous. Otherwise the trolley will get you there as well. 

Any others recommendations that you need, happy to help.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Courtyard by Marriott is an older hotel that hasn’t been renovated (needs a refresh) and is right on the downtown side.  Honestly for walking around at night, I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn as well as the fact that the room as are all nicely renovated.  You have Walgreens, CVS, two Publix grocery stores, liquor stores, Citi Centre and many restaurants all right there.  The Courtyard is super close to Whole Foods though.

I lived on Brickell Ave for 8 years super close to the Hampton Inn so know the area very well.  

The Ferris Wheel is about 1.5 miles walking.  You can also grab the free metro mover at either the 10th street stop or Brickell stop and get off at College Bayside to get there.  I preferred this over the trolley because traffic can be so horrendous. Otherwise the trolley will get you there as well. 

Thank you very much for your answer.  Do you think a taxi to port from Hampton is around $15?

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you very much for your answer.  Do you think a taxi to port from Hampton is around $15?

Probably about $15-18 on the meter - hotel front desk can give you a more up to date estimate

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

Probably about $15-18 on the meter - hotel front desk can give you a more up to date estimate

Thanks for your quote,  cheers

16 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Since you lived on Brickell for a few years can you tell me where the Starbucks is located in proximity to the Hampton Inn?  Asking for my wife.  Cheers

53 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Since you lived on Brickell for a few years can you tell me where the Starbucks is located in proximity to the Hampton Inn?  Asking for my wife.  Cheers

absolutely and there are two. One is at the Bond Building which will be the closest and the other one is at Mary Brickell Village.  It’s a Very short walk!  

Make a right when you get out of the hotel. To get to the the one at Mary Brickell you will then make a left onto South Miami Ave (you’ll see a restaurant being with construction on one corner and Apollo Bank on the other) and walk to Mary brickell village. It’s on the east side of the shopping center ground floor 

The one that is a bit closer at the Bond, make a right out of the hotel. You will see a small triangle “park” with a black building across from Apollo Bank. The park straddles south Miami ave and brickell plaza. The bond and Starbucks is right there on the other side of the park. 
you can’t miss it!

FYI, watch where you walk, especially near this “park” as for some strange lazy reason, many people who live in the area don’t feel the need to pick up after their dogs!

8 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

absolutely and there are two. One is at the Bond Building which will be the closest and the other one is at Mary Brickell Village.  It’s a Very short walk!  

Make a right when you get out of the hotel. To get to the the one at Mary Brickell you will then make a left onto South Miami Ave (you’ll see a restaurant being with construction on one corner and Apollo Bank on the other) and walk to Mary brickell village. It’s on the east side of the shopping center ground floor 

The one that is a bit closer at the Bond, make a right out of the hotel. You will see a small triangle “park” with a black building across from Apollo Bank. The park straddles south Miami ave and brickell plaza. The bond and Starbucks is right there on the other side of the park. 
you can’t miss it!

FYI, watch where you walk, especially near this “park” as for some strange lazy reason, many people who live in the area don’t feel the need to pick up after their dogs!

Thank you for this great info

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you for this great info

You are most welcome.

There is a Cuban cafe at the bottom of the Hampton Inn called Sergios and you can grab a Cuban coffee though I do prefer the ones at Latin Cafe 2000 which is at the back of the 1050 Brickell building, which is to the left of the Starbucks on Brickell plaza. 

There is also a great coffee place at Brickell Citi Centre Called Pasion del Cielo Coffee that has beans from all over the place.  It’s so much better than Starbucks.  They have both tables inside and tables outside to enjoy the coffee and muffin. 

If you haven’t ever walked around Brickell Citi Centre, I would recommend it. 

The Hampton Inn will have coffee out all day long in the lobby if you don’t mind that. 

If you want to email me at HostCJSKIDS@gmail.com, I’m super happy to give you lots of dining recommendations along with any other info you need.  There are some amazing locally owned restaurants in the area, like River Oyster to even some great chain restaurants.  

I will say that Ubers in that area are extremely plentiful and that will be cheaper than a taxi to the port.

My daughter lives outside of Cincinnati! 

I have enjoyed your comments everyone.  We are driving to Miami on July 7 for an 8-day on the Carnival Horizon.  We were looking for a park and cruise hotel that "won't break the bank" but lovely and comfortable.  Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks.

Mimi, Virginia

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

You are most welcome.

There is a Cuban cafe at the bottom of the Hampton Inn called Sergios and you can grab a Cuban coffee though I do prefer the ones at Latin Cafe 2000 which is at the back of the 1050 Brickell building, which is to the left of the Starbucks on Brickell plaza. 

There is also a great coffee place at Brickell Citi Centre Called Pasion del Cielo Coffee that has beans from all over the place.  It’s so much better than Starbucks.  They have both tables inside and tables outside to enjoy the coffee and muffin. 

If you haven’t ever walked around Brickell Citi Centre, I would recommend it. 

The Hampton Inn will have coffee out all day long in the lobby if you don’t mind that. 

If you want to email me at HostCJSKIDS@gmail.com, I’m super happy to give you lots of dining recommendations along with any other info you need.  There are some amazing locally owned restaurants in the area, like River Oyster to even some great chain restaurants.  

I will say that Ubers in that area are extremely plentiful and that will be cheaper than a taxi to the port.

My daughter lives outside of Cincinnati! 

Again,  thanks for the great info.  I love strong coffee; however, my wife only drinks tea.   she loves Starbucks Chai Lattes, and she will drink the constant comment tea from Hampton Inn.  We will be looking for some italian or mexican restaurants for meals.  Any of those nearby?

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Again,  thanks for the great info.  I love strong coffee; however, my wife only drinks tea.   she loves Starbucks Chai Lattes, and she will drink the constant comment tea from Hampton Inn.  We will be looking for some italian or mexican restaurants for meals.  Any of those nearby?

Yes, there are a few great Italian restaurants.  Toscana Divino is locally owned and at Mary Brickell Village. 

Andrea Marchesin is an amazing chef. Brenda make a wonderful cocktail.   Also has a great outside patio. 

North Italia is a chain there, not as much of a fan however.  It does have people that enjoy it. 

Fi’lia is nother great Italian restaurant.  Enjoy this a lot as well.  

If you want a unique experience Casa Tua Cucina at Brickell City Centre is similar in concept to Eately just on a much smaller scale.  Great food.  Francesco used to be one of the managers at Toscana and he is now over here.  

Il Gabbino over by the Intercontinental is another amazing restaurant.

As for Mexican.  Lots of great tacos places Coya  Taco, So Cal Catina (all outside) which my friend Leo is part owner is great and Pilo’s Street Tacos are all great.  Cantina La Veinte which is located on Brickell at the Icon and W Hotel building on the water is amazing. Expensive but excellent. Tacology is at Brickell City Centre, good and pretty but pricey for what I feel you get. 

16 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Yes, there are a few great Italian restaurants.  Toscana Divino is locally owned and at Mary Brickell Village. 

Andrea Marchesin is an amazing chef. Brenda make a wonderful cocktail.   Also has a great outside patio. 

North Italia is a chain there, not as much of a fan however.  It does have people that enjoy it. 

Fi’lia is nother great Italian restaurant.  Enjoy this a lot as well.  

If you want a unique experience Casa Tua Cucina at Brickell City Centre is similar in concept to Eately just on a much smaller scale.  Great food.  Francesco used to be one of the managers at Toscana and he is now over here.  

Il Gabbino over by the Intercontinental is another amazing restaurant.

As for Mexican.  Lots of great tacos places Coya  Taco, So Cal Catina (all outside) which my friend Leo is part owner is great and Pilo’s Street Tacos are all great.  Cantina La Veinte which is located on Brickell at the Icon and W Hotel building on the water is amazing. Expensive but excellent. Tacology is at Brickell City Centre, good and pretty but pricey for what I feel you get. 

Thanks again for your info.  I appreciate the info and will try some of the places you mentioned.  Cheers

7 hours ago, Grambler said:

Has anyone ever stayed at the Vagabond in Miami, not fancy but great reviews and according to such reviews, very clean!

I have not stayed there; is this hotel across the street from Bayside?

16 hours ago, Grambler said:

7301 Biscayne blvd

I just looked up where this hotel is located.  Looks like a motel from the 1950's retro style.  I am staying a little closer to the cruise port

• 3 weeks later...

We have reservations for Aloft in Brickell- address is SW2nd Ave-  for prior to our cruise.  I don't see that there is a shuttle though to airport or port.  Is Uber allowed in port?  I know that is some areas, Ubers are not allowed in port areas.  ( I did use Uber for Fort Lauderdale port.)  I think we will be staying 2 nights after our cruise.  Flight will be less expensive then.  Would this still be a good place to stay or should we go closer to airport? I hope to do some sightseeing on the extra day like to the zoo or aquarium.  

4 hours ago, poorsusan said:

We have reservations for Aloft in Brickell- address is SW2nd Ave-  for prior to our cruise.  I don't see that there is a shuttle though to airport or port.  Is Uber allowed in port?  I know that is some areas, Ubers are not allowed in port areas.  ( I did use Uber for Fort Lauderdale port.)  I think we will be staying 2 nights after our cruise.  Flight will be less expensive then.  Would this still be a good place to stay or should we go closer to airport? I hope to do some sightseeing on the extra day like to the zoo or aquarium.  

Ubers are plentiful in that area and allowed in the port.  There usually isn’t a long wait for an Uber here.

I wouldn’t go closer to the airport and Brickell is a great area to stay in after the cruise.  You will be  able to walk so shops, restaurants, bars, etc.  You will also have access to the train, metromover (free) and trolley (free).

Zoo Miami is a great zoo will be quite a drive from there, you will need a rental car.  Frost Science Museum is an aquarium in downtown Miami and you can reach it very easily via the metromover. It’s really nice! There is also Miami Seaquarium over on Key Biscayne which you could Uber to.  Little bit of trivia, they did film the original Flipper tv show here.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 6:50 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Ubers are plentiful in that area and allowed in the port.  There usually isn’t a long wait for an Uber here.

I wouldn’t go closer to the airport and Brickell is a great area to stay in after the cruise.  You will be  able to walk so shops, restaurants, bars, etc.  You will also have access to the train, metromover (free) and trolley (free).

Zoo Miami is a great zoo will be quite a drive from there, you will need a rental car.  Frost Science Museum is an aquarium in downtown Miami and you can reach it very easily via the metromover. It’s really nice! There is also Miami Seaquarium over on Key Biscayne which you could Uber to.  Little bit of trivia, they did film the original Flipper tv show here.

thanks for the info.  I feel better about my choice now.