Speciality dining and Chefs Table.

govanguy

Would anyone who has been onboard in recent months like to share their experience of Prime C / Aqualina and Chefs Table?

Are Aqualina and Prime C operated as separate venues each evening? Or, do they alternate? Is there an extensive menu in either or is it a set menu?

Is Chefs Table held in Prime C utilising the long table with the high seating?

Thank you, in anticipation

5 April Quest, Aqualina and Prime C were operating as separate venues but with a very reduced menu supplemented by a shared specials menu which did not change.  We were disappointed with the experience but may have been unlucky.  We have enjoyed so many great meals in Aqualina and it was something we were dreaming about our return to - maybe over expecting....

The Chefs Table has been reported as being at a long table in the back of Aqualina and one person said they were due to go to it at the big table in Prime C but we did not see them again to check if that actually happened.  Someone else on our tour said the French menu wasnt a patch on what they had enjoyed before but then someone else said the Californian Stateside was the best they had had..... who knows, taste is so subjective

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, combine said:

Both open on Quest at the moment. Another specials page to supplement the menu in Aqualina tonight. We chose off the regular menu . Stunning views across to Sorrento, a real treat.

AE72706A-1F2C-494F-B480-D2FFE5DCC87E.jpeg

Thats so much better specials than we had, I would have been so much happier with that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, combine said:

Both open on Quest at the moment. Another specials page to supplement the menu in Aqualina tonight. We chose off the regular menu . Stunning views across to Sorrento, a real treat.

AE72706A-1F2C-494F-B480-D2FFE5DCC87E.jpeg

Looks great for those who can eat it.

I would be restricted to the veal and the sweet due to allergies.

• Like 1

We were on the Quest for the month of March.  Initially only Prime C was open with a reduced menu from Prime C and Aqualina.  Later in the month they opened Aqualina but both restaurants were still operating with a reduced menu.  Aqualina did have a chef’s special which we found to be quite good.  We only did one chef’s table because it was served in Aqualina at about ten tables of two or four.  Our table was at the fringe so we were basically eating alone.  The food and wine were quite good but the ambiance was lacking.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cooper2020
19 minutes ago, joyride said:

What is the cost to do the Chef's Table one time for a couple?

$95 each  when I was on in Feb 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, debcip said:

This information shouldn’t be so difficult to find!

Indeed - all it needs is a one liner after the table here https://www.azamara.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages#link-dining to say "Individual visits to Aqualina or Price C = $35

Chefs Table= $95"...would also help people see what they are saving when booking a package 

• Like 2

A staff member is now employed to arrange more Chef's Tables on every cruise. Significantly more opportunities on Intensive Scotland and Intensive Ireland cruises on Journey than previously found. Also a Rice Table. A large number of passengers were b2b so may have booked for Chef's Table before new passengers boarded  

4 hours ago, manc said:

A staff member is now employed to arrange more Chef's Tables on every cruise. Significantly more opportunities on Intensive Scotland and Intensive Ireland cruises on Journey than previously found. Also a Rice Table. A large number of passengers were b2b so may have booked for Chef's Table before new passengers boarded  

I think you're right about the b2b passengers booking the chef's tables.  There appeared to be quite a few chef's tables planned but by 2pm on embarkation day you could only go on a waiting list: we didn't.

Questions from a 1st time Azamara pax … If you book the package that includes 1 chefs table are you then guaranteed a spot?  When do you get to choose which cuisine you want?  I’ve seen (on various postings) that French and Italian options seem constant - are other cuisines dependent on what route you are sailing?  If sailing a longer route (say a 20 day sailing), I would presume there’s more opportunities?  There are certain things I don’t or can’t eat, so am hoping I can see all menus to pick the best option!

8 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

Questions from a 1st time Azamara pax … If you book the package that includes 1 chefs table are you then guaranteed a spot?  When do you get to choose which cuisine you want?  I’ve seen (on various postings) that French and Italian options seem constant - are other cuisines dependent on what route you are sailing?  If sailing a longer route (say a 20 day sailing), I would presume there’s more opportunities?  There are certain things I don’t or can’t eat, so am hoping I can see all menus to pick the best option!

You go to the desk for booking Speciality restaurants when you board, they will have a calendar of what Chef's Tables are on which night with the menus available to browse. You will be asked if you have any dietary requirements (which is often confirmed with a phone call day before) and they will cater for any requirements. Some tables are more popular than others and can book out quickly, in November I ended up on a waitlist for French and they organised an additional night (not sure if it was originally planned to be a different 'country' that night that was switched) It's a great experience.

7 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

So……..  What if you bought the dinning package that includes the Chef’s Table, then when on board, it is all booked out.  What happens then?

Doesn't happen because you can book BEFORE you board. When you board you book, if there is space you reserve and you pay then.  If there is no space I strongly suggest the waiting list, they add additional Chef Tables all the time,  I've had cases where I bought and paid for a three table tour, (with reservations) because the Cheftable was sold out. Later they added me to a Chef table and altered my purchase to a two table tour and Chef Table. Try to book as soon as you can, and sign up for wait list.  It will all work out

1 hour ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Doesn't happen because you can book BEFORE you board. When you board you book, if there is space you reserve and you pay then.  If there is no space I strongly suggest the waiting list, they add additional Chef Tables all the time,  I've had cases where I bought and paid for a three table tour, (with reservations) because the Cheftable was sold out. Later they added me to a Chef table and altered my purchase to a two table tour and Chef Table. Try to book as soon as you can, and sign up for wait list.  It will all work out

I bought the 3 table tour with the Chef’s table, but I didn’t see any link to make a reservation, guess I’ll go look again.  

46 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I bought the 3 table tour with the Chef’s table, but I didn’t see any link to make a reservation, guess I’ll go look again.  

I don’t believe there is a way to make reservations online. All my previous experience is that reservations are made on board. So if they are selling the premium dining and it seems from your experience they are, and if you get on board and there are no reservations available, which was your original question,  then they would refund you money.