Live from the Caribbean Princess: Panama Canal - Apr 26 to May 14 - SF to FTL

Ken the cruiser

2 minutes ago, Justprettynpink said:

The program that takes your luggage to the airport. You put your bags out like normal and pick them up at your destination baggage claim. It used to cost $25 plus any airline checked bag fees. The biggest plus for me is that my check luggage can weigh any amount without an overweight fee and no hunting for our bags at the terminal. We can walk off and go to the airport.

I remember that service from those pre-pandemic days years ago!  My guess is no as it hasn’t been made available on the 9 previous Celebrity cruises we’ve been on out of Ft Lauderdale since cruising started back up. But if I hear otherwise I’ll let you know.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’ll try to remember to take a picture of tonight’s menu. But so far there has been a different one every night. However, as we are on an 18 day cruise, it will be interesting to see when we might start seeing a repeat. If that happens I will also let you know.

Ty when we were on BRB it was the same menu 

1 hour ago, ranger55 said:

Ty when we were on BRB it was the same menu 

Just checked with our CC waiter and he said there will be a different menu every night on our 18 day cruise. However, since you’ll be on a B2B, who knows. I know we’re going to be on a 21 day “packaged” cruise in July on the Regal, but it’s made up of three 7 day cruises. So your guess is as good as mine as to how often they’re going to recycle the menus. But as promised, here’s this evening’s menu. 

44140F1D-2A34-4516-BC4F-125941CBC2F5.thumb.jpeg.185d0eb447cd1e5d2bf595116273fa6a.jpeg

D1DDB243-F550-4717-A8B1-3DDA39E6837E.thumb.jpeg.3600d9848fc591bd90db699f72d5c393.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

Just to follow up on our “missed” complementary specialty restaurant, we were able to get a reservation at the Crown Grill. So life is good as their menu looks awesome!!

Also, here’s a picture of one of the 5 bottles of Moscato we were able to secure. Yay!!

008E52D9-8DCD-4CED-A233-B9BEC44BA868.thumb.jpeg.ebe6b92298c0982fd40408332a4ce1e5.jpeg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@Ken the cruiser I command thee to take the next 48 hrs off and enjoy you holiday!  Let’s all allow the gentleman some well deserved downtime!

P.S. - thanks for all of the terrific information you are providing and sharing your travels with us.

That’s OK. While I’m out chilling on the balcony playing on CC, my DW is playing her games on her iPad. Believe it or not, many of the questions being asked, help us better understand the ins and outs of the ship we’re cruising on. So it’s all good! 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your live posting. I am really enjoying it! Learning a lot too. We will be on her on May 28th. I will be celebrating my birthday on board. I was hoping to make a reservation for the Crown Grill that we have comp from our TA. I cannot make on Medallion App it wants to charge me for it. Does anyone know if I will be able to go to the Crown Grill when we board to make a reservation for the day of my B'day?

Cheers to your continuing great cruise!

24 minutes ago, shay1 said:

Thank you for your live posting. I am really enjoying it! Learning a lot too. We will be on her on May 28th. I will be celebrating my birthday on board. I was hoping to make a reservation for the Crown Grill that we have comp from our TA. I cannot make on Medallion App it wants to charge me for it. Does anyone know if I will be able to go to the Crown Grill when we board to make a reservation for the day of my B'day?

Cheers to your continuing great cruise!

I'd personally book it and pay for it and then ask for the credit when you get on board.   It sounds like the specialty restaurants are booking up and people can't get in.   

On 4/29/2022 at 2:56 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, we found a quiet place to eat lunch on a port day on the ship that has tasty sandwiches, salads, pot pies and desserts, but you can’t tell anybody. 🤫

36B82847-67A4-4A70-8027-A916F395973F.thumb.jpeg.4cca89cf48b22471971e0d4f2af2ced9.jpeg

That’s Ami!  She has such a great personality!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Hi!  I didn’t even know there was a live thread until today when CC said you had quoted me. Glad to see this!  The M&G was good. The Princess event coordinator was spectacular and very helpful. She said all were surprised to see a count of 90 - then was surprised by the 110. 😜 The entertainment director did a great job answering questions. As Is normal with M&G, many get busy or forget so it was a good turnout but less than 110. Good thing as Skywalker’s had more people than I’ve every seen in it! Happy Seas to all!!

Did they fix the 2nd elevator up to

skywalkers in the aft, which also goes down to the Palm DR?  Was only 1 working before drydock.

Just now, GonzoWCS said:

Looks like Birmingham Alabama on the picture

Cheers

I think that was the one who imported it.

Sounds

1 minute ago, GonzoWCS said:

Looks like Birmingham Alabama on the picture

Cheers

Looks like Vineyard brands imported it to the US. Doesn’t matter, we’ll try it!

22 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Norm. I actually did give the Conundrum a try. You’re right, it didn’t have too much acidity, but I’m learning I’m just a “fruity” wine kind of guy. Maybe because we have a blueberry, blackberry, peaches, muscadine and persimmon farm back home and I’ve just grown fond of that smooth, fruity taste. But thanks for your thoughts! 😁

I'm a huge fan of sweet wines.  I'm not sure what your Florida leg looks like.  But I highly recommend Florida Orange Groves Winery.  They're located in St. Pete but have satellite stores in other areas.  All fruit based, they don't use grapes. 

• Thanks 1

Tonight’s evening show was “Born to be Wild”, a great Rock n Roll show with the early show at standing room only. When I asked an officer later on what was the theater capacity, he said it was between 700-750. I remember 4-5 years back before the pandemic, Princess would sometimes offer three 30 minute production shows. I wonder what’s going to happen on the next couple of cruises if they continue to offer such a well received production show with 2700-2800 passengers onboard?

86D973B5-18F1-47E2-9A09-3ABF4DB942C2.thumb.jpeg.6f48b72fd3f6bc3034beb89f46eaf472.jpeg

B2721FC2-66A1-4DF1-94C5-2137CDD74BEB.thumb.jpeg.1b9c8174accb456ccec7d79356f2d2d4.jpeg

42CD5B71-65B6-4DE5-8679-FDA8D92BF96F.thumb.jpeg.a5e5080ded00c8ff67c0aa97e2ce9508.jpeg

4741051F-A70B-4A03-8192-F43E06EE8955.thumb.jpeg.e9e9b27439f4b5667ef4d9a7d61cd3dd.jpeg

Then after the show we went over to the Explorers Lounge and watched the Little White Lies Game Show. What a fun show and we couldn’t stop laughing! They have got such great assistant CDs as well as a terrific CD, Gary, on this cruise!!

B2785A54-80A5-499C-BB70-632EBA74116A.thumb.jpeg.0a8bb83befa8eedb2153d9c9dac042b1.jpeg

F7E5455F-F1B6-4904-AA45-3DDF831B5BB0.thumb.jpeg.9013a47ebb662fe4060e6f3a6f745084.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just checked with our CC waiter and he said there will be a different menu every night on our 18 day cruise. However, since you’ll be on a B2B, who knows. I know we’re going to be on a 21 day “packaged” cruise in July on the Regal, but it’s made up of three 7 day cruises. So your guess is as good as mine as to how often they’re going to recycle the menus. But as promised, here’s this evening’s menu. 

44140F1D-2A34-4516-BC4F-125941CBC2F5.thumb.jpeg.185d0eb447cd1e5d2bf595116273fa6a.jpeg

D1DDB243-F550-4717-A8B1-3DDA39E6837E.thumb.jpeg.3600d9848fc591bd90db699f72d5c393.jpeg

thank you so much it does look like it change from Dec Menu once again thank you 

• Like 1

I attended port presentation by Kerry and it was so absolutely not a “port shopping” presentation. Love that can see on tv also. Mom refused to watch- She seems a bit bummed with not being able to hear as well as on her Oct/Nov/Jan cruises mini cruises.

But the telescope man was so fantastic i wanted to give him a standing ovation. Though i have an engineering/science background i thought a lecture on telescopes would be hideously boring. I much regret missing his first two. Hideously boring is my husbands hobby of designing and building his own Ham Radio antennas and explaining the differences among the nine in our yard, the one in his truck and the handhelds.

My son is even worse.