Live from the Caribbean Princess: Panama Canal - Apr 26 to May 14 - SF to FTL

Ken the cruiser

12 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just the one I posted a picture of on page 7. But it sure was fun watching jump out of the water about 10-15 times before going out of view. We also saw earlier a lone dolphin swimming near the ship looking for its friends. I have to say there is definitely plenty of wildlife to see in and around the bay at Cabo!! 😁😁

I love that about Cabo Dolphins and Whales in the bay depending on what time of year.  Glad you got to enjoy the moment.

Cheers

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ktembwr said:

If anyone has a chance, could you check on the numbers sailing on the next few cruises through May please.  Their website says they are sold out!

OK, I just went to GS and there are 2800 booked for the next leg followed by 2700 on the following leg. There are 1650 on this leg. 

59 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, I just went to GS and there are 2800 booked for the next leg followed by 2700 on the following leg. There are 1650 on this leg. 

THANK YOU KEN!!!!!

Your info and posts are on the money!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 4:09 AM, cruisingpeople said:

Figures...... I just got off the Ruby last Saturday.  Always a day late and a dollar short....LOL

Thank you for the update.

The 23rd at San Francisco? Same 🙂 Really enjoyed San Diego and Santa Barbara

14 minutes ago, sammyjoanne said:

The 23rd at San Francisco? Same 🙂 Really enjoyed San Diego and Santa Barbara

Yes... That is when we disembarked. This time around, it was actually Ensenada that we enjoyed most. Probably had something to do with the Wine Tasting Excursion we were on. Just saying.🍷🍷😂😇🍷🍷 

• Haha 1

Hi Ken, 

Would you, or perhaps someone else sailing be able to take a pic of the laundry services and prices, and how long it takes to get something back after sending it out? We're specifically interested in the pressing services for our dressier clothes. 

Thanks again, and  as always enjoy your day !!

15 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Hi Ken, 

Would you, or perhaps someone else sailing be able to take a pic of the laundry services and prices, and how long it takes to get something back after sending it out? We're specifically interested in the pressing services for our dressier clothes. 

Thanks again, and  as always enjoy your day !!

I have no idea where the laundry rooms are, but here is a picture of a laundry slip and associated prices.

A4373B7B-F229-44D6-9435-7B3D3D92B36B.thumb.jpeg.49f564b8e4d43153cb7e2a99fe1342e9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

@Mary Ann 2, if I might ask, how did the M&G go? I know from following the roll call, you definitely had your hands full organizing it, especially when you reached the capacity limit?

Hi!  I didn’t even know there was a live thread until today when CC said you had quoted me. Glad to see this!  The M&G was good. The Princess event coordinator was spectacular and very helpful. She said all were surprised to see a count of 90 - then was surprised by the 110. 😜 The entertainment director did a great job answering questions. As Is normal with M&G, many get busy or forget so it was a good turnout but less than 110. Good thing as Skywalker’s had more people than I’ve every seen in it! Happy Seas to all!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I have no idea where the laundry rooms are, but here is a picture of a laundry slip and associated prices.

A4373B7B-F229-44D6-9435-7B3D3D92B36B.thumb.jpeg.49f564b8e4d43153cb7e2a99fe1342e9.jpeg

Patty,

In order to be sure that you will get your clothes back in time, you will need to pay the extra 50% pricing. If you can get the clothes to your room steward on boarding day, that would be good. However, if for some reason you can't do it until Sunday morning, make sure you find him by 9:00. Otherwise, they won't be back until the wedding day and that kind of stress, "You don't need".

If you need the self-serve laundry, depending on which deck you are, they are located either towards the front or rear of the ship. There ironing boards and irons in them.

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Yes... That is when we disembarked. This time around, it was actually Ensenada that we enjoyed most. Probably had something to do with the Wine Tasting Excursion we were on. Just saying.🍷🍷😂😇🍷🍷 

lol you cannot go wrong with wine tasting 🙂   We did the La bufadora blowhole and it was a lovely cove which takes in the water from the tide and shoots it high into the air. This was our first cruise, so as soon as we came home to the uk we booked another princess one for next year, we loved it that much 🙂

This afternoon was a learning one for us with regards to what suite perks you actually get if you’re booked in a full suite.

Just a little background. We’ve only sailed in a vista suite once before and that was on the Island over 2 years ago. But to be honest we only used the free laundry, which is an awesome perk on longer cruises, and the minibar swap out to just water and beer on the initial day. Never really took advantage of any of the other perks, if we even knew about them as many are specific ship-related.

Now, fast forward to embarkation day. When we arrived in the cabin, there was a variety of documents, but none that listed what the suite perks were nor were there any voicemails telling us about the free specialty restaurant reservation on embarkation day.
So, today, we did some online checking and found out what they were. And guess what, it pays to know what they are before you board! I know, who knew! 😂

So we first headed to the Spa to get a refund on the “Thermal Suite” access charge they posted to our account when my DW visited there on the second day, even though they knew her cabin number. I figure maybe the computer isn’t configured to let them know if a customer is in a suite based on their cabin number. Anyway, they were happy to remove the charge once we told them about the oversight. 

Then we headed to Guest Services and talked with Angelo, who is on his 15th contract and knows everyone! We told him we weren’t informed about the specialty restaurant embarkation perk, so he made a call. The person on the other end said they should have gotten a voicemail explaining this when they arrived at their cabin. Nope, no such VM. Angelo then told us to go over to the Crown Grill and tell them what happened and they should be able to get us a reservation. We’ll do that after dinner tonight as no one was there at 3 pm.

We also mentioned to Angelo that we received a $39 laundry charge on our account as we were pretty sure we got unlimited laundry. He said not to worry about that as it will disappear tonight.

So, all is good, but I just wanted to share our experience with you in case you are someone who has booked a suite for the first time. Also, I’ve include the pdf that we should have received with our embarkation day documents that lists all of the suite perks.

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ranger55 said:

Hello fellow cruise can someone please post what on the Dinner Menu for the main dining room. We would like to see if their change the menu. Thank you keep cruising be safe 

I’ll try to remember to take a picture of tonight’s menu. But so far there has been a different one every night. However, as we are on an 18 day cruise, it will be interesting to see when we might start seeing a repeat. If that happens I will also let you know.

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What is EZ Check?

The program that takes your luggage to the airport. You put your bags out like normal and pick them up at your destination baggage claim. It used to cost $25 plus any airline checked bag fees. The biggest plus for me is that my check luggage can weigh any amount without an overweight fee and no hunting for our bags at the cruise terminal. We can walk off and go to the airport.

Edited by Justprettynpink