Apex no production shows this week. Covid

baron9

FYI On the apex now. There has been a covid outbreak among the crew. Crew members affected have been  transferred to the infinity. For a 10 days The whole production cast left on Saturday.  Also include were nine butlers in the retreat. We do not know total numbers as the ship itself has yet to knowledge this. Information is from individual crew members as service this week has been slow. This also will affect next weeks  transatlantic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

When we were on last week Captain announced 62 crew tested positive.  Our butler disappeared mid week, Retreat Hostess disappeared on Friday.  Luminae seemed short staff all week and Friday night and Saturday breakfast we very slow. We felt bad for the crew who were running as fast as possible but couldn’t get it under control.  

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, baron9 said:

FYI On the apex now. There has been a covid outbreak among the crew. Crew members affected have been  transferred to the infinity. For a 10 days The whole production cast left on Saturday.  Also include were nine butlers in the retreat. We do not know total numbers as the ship itself has yet to knowledge this. Information is from individual crew members as service this week has been slow. This also will affect next weeks  transatlantic.

No surprise this ship has had Covid cases for weeks.

• Like 1

Wow, so sorry to hear this from jelayne and baron9.  This Covid animal is lurking all over and messing up so many cruises, but this cannot be helped...just very sad to hear; I know that her TA cruisers are going to be very concerned.  Hoping for the best.  I am on her western TA/b2b in October.

1 minute ago, lovrccl said:

No surprise this ship has had Covid cases for weeks.

I think most if not all of them have had cases, hard not to with a few thousand people in a relatively small space having interacted with others both while traveling to the ship, in ports.  Most cases seem to be mild and that’s good.

We enjoyed our cruise last week,  didn’t worry about Covid, social distancing isn’t realistic unless one wants to stay in their cabin which we didn’t do.    Hopefully we won’t come down with Covid in the next few days, but if we do it was a risk we took.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, baron9 said:

Wow, there’s usually only 14 -15 butlers on Edge class ships so they must be scrambling. When there was an outbreak on one of the ships in January, they transferred a butler to that ship from the Edge to help cover. 

Sorry to hear that. I’m also not surprised. This outbreak has been building all month. A number of people on the 4/2 sailing tested positive after they got off (or before their B2B). On Day 5 of the 4/9 sailing, they announced 9 guests and 37 crew. I’ve identified close to 100 people in various groups that tested positive within a couple days of getting off that sailing (my wife and I included). Last week, they announced over 60 crew positive. The ship has been reasonably full (over 2,200 passengers on the 4/2 sailing and over 2.500 on the 4/9 sailing). I think this experience is showing us that it may be awhile before ships can sail at that capacity level without risking fairly large outbreaks. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Sorry to hear that. I’m also not surprised. This outbreak has been building all month. A number of people on the 4/2 sailing tested positive after they got off (or before their B2B). On Day 5 of the 4/9 sailing, they announced 9 guests and 37 crew. I’ve identified close to 100 people in various groups that tested positive within a couple days of getting off that sailing (my wife and I included). Last week, they announced over 60 crew positive. The ship has been reasonably full (over 2,200 passengers on the 4/2 sailing and over 2.500 on the 4/9 sailing). I think this experience is showing us that it may be awhile before ships can sail at that capacity level without risking fairly large outbreaks. 

im currently on a b2b on the Carnival MardiGras. Last week there was 5,800 passengers,this week 5,700 passengers

No mention of Covid,no visible signs of Covid. So I don't agree that ships can't be sailing at capacity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

im currently on a b2b on the Carnival MardiGras. Last week there was 5,800 passengers,this week 5,700 passengers

No mention of Covid,no visible signs of Covid. So I don't agree that ships can't be sailing at capacity.

Just because they aren’t announcing it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. 

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

If you look at the CDC ship Covid case list about 51 out of 100 ships are at orange level. Which is .3 percent of guests/staff have covid. I think many ships have stopped announcing it onboard. There are Covid cases on every ship!

Edited by lovrccl
  • Like 2

Best wishes for being Covid free with 5,700 passengers.  Maybe Carnival has found the magic recipe for killing Covid on their cruises.  Or maybe they just decided to save money by not having the Captain make an announcement. That must use some power on the ship. They probably invested in Covid mitigation magic as opposed to serving bacon each day in the buffet.  Happy blissful cruising!

• Haha 5

I was to be on the Apex TA and switched to the SIL TA in October after Crystal went bankrupt. I only booked Apex since it would finish in Amsterdam on the day that Crystal was scheduled to leave. Glad I switched and wish my former roll call friends well.

Honestly, not missing the production show because the outside entertainers have been amazing! It does feel like the ship is a bit short of staff which makes sense with how hard they have been hit the last two weeks. Not to the point of a negative experience, but things are maybe a little slower than some may be used to (I personally feel it most in the buffet).

Sorry to hear this and I hope everyone recovers quickly. We were on the 1/29 sailing and the production shows were amazing. The best we’ve seen in years on Celebrity.  There were no Covid cases on that sailing.  Of course, mask requirements were still in place and there were less than 900 passengers so very easy to maintain social distance.

43 minutes ago, JezzaC said:

That very is customer friendly from Celebrity Cruises. It is not customer's problem if their employees can't perform. Not all passengers are into “entertainment”.  We haven’t been to a show in years!  Why would you get compensation?  SMH

So what are they doing in the theater instead for the 3 production nights? We were on Apex last week and the production shows were great. (Crystalize, Tree of life and Rockumentary). The caravan production show in the club was pretty decent also. They only have a couple outside entertainers on board slated for the non production nights so curious what Celebrity is doing to fill the void .....

Edited by XuGator

We were on the Silhouette last September when the same happened. Luckily it was an around Britain Cruise they brought on another headline Act and with those already on worked out a schedule for the week.

Honestly the best entertainment we've ever had on a Celebrity ship!

2 minutes ago, kellyclayt said:

I’m on the Apex right now and there is a production show scheduled tonight.

Kelly: That is interesting.  We board the transatlantic on Saturday, so if you would not mind keeping people up to date on whatever the Captain tells you about Covid cases, that would be very interesting to a lot of us.

Tom & Judy

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TFree said:

Kelly: That is interesting.  We board the transatlantic on Saturday, so if you would not mind keeping people up to date on whatever the Captain tells you about Covid cases, that would be very interesting to a lot of us.

Tom & Judy

So, checking further, it’s in The Club, not the theater and I don’t see any of last week’s theater production shows on the calendar, just guest performers.  We were with a group of friends last week, also watching NBA playoffs, thinking we could see the shows either this week or on the transatlantic.  Now that’s not looking good. Just hoping to test negative on Friday so that we can stay on for the transatlantic!

• Like 1