Celebrity Check In

jbm45

Completed my checkin for Beyond and noticed that it says photographed vaccination certificates are being validated.

Must be rather difficult to do that when such a variety are being submitted.

Just wondering how long it usually takes. Is it done before or at embarkation.

10 minutes ago, jbm45 said:

Completed my checkin for Beyond and noticed that it says photographed vaccination certificates are being validated.

Must be rather difficult to do that when such a variety are being submitted.

Just wondering how long it usually takes. Is it done before or at embarkation.

I think it took a couple of days when we checked in to our upcoming Apex cruises. 

Tom & Judy

There is another thread (on the RCCL board) about this if you are interested in additional information.  It can take a couple of weeks as it is a manual process.  But it essentially is a moot point as you are still required to show the vaccination record at check in.  So if for some reason it takes a long time it to verify it will not affect your ability to board. Just be sure to have them with you along with your required ID and other forms, such as negative testing confirmation, for boarding.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lovey Life said:

Ours took FOREVER…… just showed up validated yesterday. I’m thinking it must have been 3+ weeks! I was beginning to be concerned!

I understand not liking to wait to have everything fall into place.  But no need to be concerned.  You can complete your entire check in at the terminal if necessary. And, as mentioned, you are required to show your vaccination cards at check in anyway, so if it was not validated on line it would be done at the terminal. 🙂

As an example, in Maryland , you can get your complete vaccines record, including Covid, on line. The gateway is a Maryland Hospital group that has access to MD Dept of health. This process is also available in other sites, though the gateway web sites are different. I would guess Celebrity has access to all states Dept of Health to validate guest vax records. 
Of course I’m making the assumption Celebrity takes this step. 

11 minutes ago, 39august said:

We do not use the app. So our vaccine cards were scanned and validated at the pier in Sept. Took a few seconds.

Agree.  The online checkin varies from great not oh s....  Thus we usually show our booking at the pier so the porter can tag our bags and go inside with passport, covid cards, booking confirm and our smiling faces.

And yes, I try exactly once to check in on line.

This concerns me.  My wife and I have been participating in a vaccine trial for a vaccine that is WHO approved, but is not (yet) cleared by FDA.  Perhaps it will be soon, as they have applied for EUA.  My concern is whether the clinical trial people submit the same information to the same places that the pharmacies/doctor offices, etc. do for vaccinations administered.  Hopefully they do, but I sure don't want to fly to Barcelona to be denied boarding because they couldn't "validate" our cards.  We do have the standard CDC-issued card.  If you are curious, the vaccine is by a company called Novavax, and it uses a more standard vaccine (protein antigen) as opposed to the mrna used by Pfizer and Moderna.

24 minutes ago, moneeman said:

This concerns me.  My wife and I have been participating in a vaccine trial for a vaccine that is WHO approved, but is not (yet) cleared by FDA.  Perhaps it will be soon, as they have applied for EUA.  My concern is whether the clinical trial people submit the same information to the same places that the pharmacies/doctor offices, etc. do for vaccinations administered.  Hopefully they do, but I sure don't want to fly to Barcelona to be denied boarding because they couldn't "validate" our cards.  We do have the standard CDC-issued card.  If you are curious, the vaccine is by a company called Novavax, and it uses a more standard vaccine (protein antigen) as opposed to the mrna used by Pfizer and Moderna.

FYI here is a list of approved vaccines and I do see Novavax on it.  But maybe contact Celebrity to discuss your concerns.

APPROVED VACCINES

AstraZeneca

Covaxin

Covishield

Johnson & Johnson

Moderna

Novavax

Pfizer

Sinopharm

Sinovac

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different approved manufacturers. Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call. Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.

Both my wife and I have completed our check-in for Silhouette in June. I have a couple of questions:

Although we are able to see our Express Pass, the mention on our check-in page states: " Not ye cleared to Board". I assume that it is because our health questionnaire is not yet completed, since it is not available until a day before sailing. Am I correct?

Both my wife and I have received three doses. So, to secure our boarding time, I did the check-in tonight. This said, early in May, we have appointment for our 4th dose. Once done, can I update the information on Check-in or do I have to wait at the pier? 

23 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

Both my wife and I have completed our check-in for Silhouette in June. I have a couple of questions:

Although we are able to see our Express Pass, the mention on our check-in page states: " Not ye cleared to Board". I assume that it is because our health questionnaire is not yet completed, since it is not available until a day before sailing. Am I correct?

Both my wife and I have received three doses. So, to secure our boarding time, I did the check-in tonight. This said, early in May, we have appointment for our 4th dose. Once done, can I update the information on Check-in or do I have to wait at the pier? 

We checked in for one of our B2B cruises starting on Saturday, at a time when we had not had our 4th dose.  We got it before checking in for the second cruise.  I could not find a way to go in and modify or replace the photos of the original CDC cards we had entered.  So unless someone figures out a way to replace those photos, I think you do it at the pier (not that it is required in any event).  And yes, I assume you are not cleared to board until you do the health questionnaire.

Tom & Judy

Edited by TFree
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

You are correct - the "not yet cleared to board" is pending the health questionnaire which is completed the day before boarding.  (And reconfirmed by the check in agent at the terminal).

Not sure about updating the check-in prior to boarding with the 4th dose as we've not done that but as the check in remains "open" until you complete it with the questionnaire I guess you could try to add the new information ahead of time.  If not, certainly it will be done at the terminal as your vax card is required at check in.

@TFree sorry for the similar response - I was still typing when you posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Unless your cruise requires 2 boosters there is no need to update your vaccination record .  

Good point.  Although obviously when we got our booster they automatically updated our card to show all three, which would be what is uploaded on line and shown at the terminal.  So the booster would be seen.

But you are correct that if the booster is not required (and Celebrity, while strongly recommending it, does not require it as of now) it is not necessary to update that with check-in.

We have a group of five going on May 21. Three of us put in our vaccination information within the first day or two when check-in opened on April 6. One put it in on Sunday. When I looked yesterday all four are approved so I wondered if they just weren’t doing them right away.   Now to get that last person to get theirs in. Lol.

12 hours ago, runningtide said:

As an example, in Maryland , you can get your complete vaccines record, including Covid, on line. The gateway is a Maryland Hospital group that has access to MD Dept of health. This process is also available in other sites, though the gateway web sites are different. I would guess Celebrity has access to all states Dept of Health to validate guest vax records. 
Of course I’m making the assumption Celebrity takes this step. 

A lot of states (such as mine) never developed such a system so Celebrity can't rely on something like this to verify everyone's vaccination record.

24 minutes ago, Mcrlyons said:

Is it the date of the booster to put in on vaccination final dose or second jab? 

None of my cruises have required a booster so I have been using the date of the second dose (or in my husband's case the date of his J&J shot).  I'm not sure it matters though because I have heard plenty of people who enter the booster date and it gets validated just fine.

1 hour ago, Mcrlyons said:

Is it the date of the booster to put in on vaccination final dose or second jab? 

Date of each primary vaccination.  Booster dates are not (yet) required. You then upload a picture of the card which shows this info.  (We show both sides). But as has been mentioned already, this is all verified again at check in with the vax cards so no need to be concerned with any issues with the online check in.