Star Breeze to be based in French Polynesia

minidonuts85

Wow, just wow. I am so glad that I am booked on the Spirit this August in Tahiti. I want to experience the small sailing ship in French Polynesia which has been described as “magical”. I love the motor yachts and would love to try the stretched yachts on another itinerary but I think the Spirit was perfect for FP. I hope and pray that my August sailing goes as planned.

• Like 1

I certainly understand the Breeze in Tahiti a larger capacity but sad really because seriously sailing in Polynesia was so incredibly beautiful. I have sailed the Star in Greece great as well but there is something so special about sailing in Tahiti. So all you sailors, get on the Spirit now, for this extraordinary experience. I am looking forward to the repositioning which we did from Costa Rice to Tahiti years ago. Happy Sailing

Very saddened to hear this.  We were supposed to be departing next week for Wind Spirit in Tahiti, but we had cancelled just before final payment because of the uncertainty at that time. Our driving factor in going to French Polynesia was specifically the opportunity to sail on Wind Spirit.  With the sky-high pricing through 2023, it looks like this will be a lost opportunity for us, as I have no desire to make that trip on a motor yacht.

I am so sorry Zukini, if you can really make it a priority to try between now and when the Spirit leaves Tahiti to do this cruise. You will never regret it. There must be a way. now that there are more flights in perhaps that portion will be less expensive. Good Luck. 

• Like 1

Everyone’s opinion is right on this subject, it is all a matter of personal preference.

We have been on multiple Windstar sailing ships over the years in Tahiti and in the Mediterranean. We have also been on all of the motor yachts in the Caribbean, the Middle East and Asia as well as Greece. Our next planned trip is this summer on the Spirit out of Tahiti.

Each trip has been magical and always making us anxious to come back for more.
I have always been a sailor and the sailing ships  hold some interest but the added cabin room and the additional facilities on the motor yachts is an increasing draw.

Although this summer will be our second Tahiti Windstar cruise, both on sailing yachts, I will consider a third helping when the Breeze returns to the islands, it’s a great ship and after all, your in Tahiti

• Like 1

Zukini, you are the first person I thought of when I heard this. I am so very sorry that it worked out this way for you. Know you were agonizing over the decision back in Jan/ Feb.

Pricing is not the same as when you and I booked, but Ibelieve it's worth the heavenly experience of Wind Spirit in the part of them world it belongs. I was an early person to call the cruise  magical in a review, and If there is anyway you can make it happen for yourselves, do it. As Strenz says, you will not regret it.We did the 18 day back in 2019, and Wind Song back in 1991. Two cruises I will never forget.

Thanks for the name of your TA. She's great. The FP Wind Sprit price is a killer but it's worth every penny. Just be sure you have the best chance of good weather, and can see whales. June-Sept.

All my beast to you!

• 1 year later...

Interesting read ...

I've booked my first WS cruise for October 2024 on the Star Breeze. I tried putting together a WS cruise back a few years on the Wind Spirit but no interest. IMO the Wind Spirt with no balconies or elevators was great for those that want a sailing experience but many want a larger room, elevators and a balcony thus the likely reasoning for the Star Breeze to be full time in FP. 

I've been on the PG 15 times  ... love it but thought it was time to experience something new. Star Breeze will be a solid head to head competitor for PG 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Interesting read ...

I've booked my first WS cruise for October 2024 on the Star Breeze. I tried putting together a WS cruise back a few years on the Wind Spirit but no interest. IMO the Wind Spirt with no balconies or elevators was great for those that want a sailing experience but many want a larger room, elevators and a balcony thus the likely reasoning for the Star Breeze to be full time in FP. 

I've been on the PG 15 times  ... love it but thought it was time to experience something new. Star Breeze will be a solid head to head competitor for PG 

You're aware Star Breeze has only french balconies, right?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 10:41 PM, BruceMuzz said:

Actually, Star Breeze has 6 Suites that have very nice and spacious balconies.

We were offered an upgrade to the owners suite in the front for a mere 2k on our TP and declined it because their balcony, while large, was completely enclosed and dark and ugly. I know that sounds like a ridiculous reason to reject but we just didn’t like the dark ambience of the balcony and while the room itself was huge it just wasn’t worth it and so we stayed in our French balcony cabin and loved it. However, those owner suites in the back had nice balconies and looked pretty sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

Bravo, have another great time. We live in the North East, hard to get to Tahiti but we crossed on the Spirit, took the cruise we adored every second. Fabulous memories. Our Tahiti is on the Surf in the Caribbean almost every January. Happy Travels. 

22 minutes ago, Strenz said:

Bravo, have another great time. We live in the North East, hard to get to Tahiti but we crossed on the Spirit, took the cruise we adored every second. Fabulous memories. Our Tahiti is on the Surf in the Caribbean almost every January. Happy Travels. 

30 trips to French Polynesia for us  ... 16 on the Paul Gauguin but expanding our ship experiences ... looking forward to the Star Breeze and what Windstar brings to the table. 

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna