COVID testing onboard for re-entry into USA

2 hours ago, englander said:

If you have the time could you ask guest services what they charge for 1 day purchase.

On the last day, you are limited to the 24 hour package which should be $32 for Stream - save your D+ discount for it. Some ships sometimes offer a much more limited package (I think about an hour) for about $10.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

We are on Harmony now on our second leg of a b2b and got tested last Saturday morning. Took all of 10 minutes to complete the test and got results via email about an hour later. They were also testing all of the u12 unvaccinated kids. I didn’t see any backups or supply constraints as they had more than 20 infilled time slots for each half hour block when we made our appointments. 

Based on the flaky internet connectivity and speed, I would recommend against doing a remote proctored test. If you lose your signal, the test is voided.

Thanks for the info. I will inquire onboard Vision if we can schedule tests for our last day but bring our eMed tests too. 

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are on Harmony now on our second leg of a b2b and got tested last Saturday morning. Took all of 10 minutes to complete the test and got results via email about an hour later. They were also testing all of the u12 unvaccinated kids. I didn’t see any backups or supply constraints as they had more than 20 infilled time slots for each half hour block when we made our appointments. 

Based on the flaky internet connectivity and speed, I would recommend against doing a remote proctored test. If you lose your signal, the test is voided.

We will be doing similar on Wonder of the Seas in June.  If you don't mind me asking, how much for the testing onboard?

8 minutes ago, mchin said:

We will be doing similar on Wonder of the Seas in June.  If you don't mind me asking, how much for the testing onboard?

It was free a week ago on the last day of the first leg of a b2b on Harmony.

Edited by sellwingri

15 hours ago, mchin said:

This is our fourth b2b since the restart, and there has never been any cost for our tests.

The complimentary test for consecutive cruisers remains listed in the latest FAQ.

That should not be confused with testing to re-enter the US when flying home after the cruise which is not included.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

Updated April 22, 2022 Valid through June 30, 2022

• 6. Can I book back-to-back cruises at this time? Yep! We welcome guests to cruise on as many back-to-back cruises as they wish, including kids of any vaccination status. The travel requirements and health protocols are the same as a single cruise, and back-to back cruisers will need to meet all those requirements. For subsequent cruises, the "pre-cruise test" requirement is fulfilled by a test between cruises. All guests 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be arranged by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart. Visit Guest Services while onboard to arrange this test ahead of your next cruise. We will continue to evaluate this policy as public health guidance evolves.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i am on the Jewel cruise on August 19 from Amsterdam.  Knowing that the final payment date for the cruise is coming up in a couple of weeks i have been waffling about whether to cancel now or wait until much closer to sail time.  I am concerned only about getting tested before flying back to the US.  i depart the ship on docking day and then get transported to the Airport to stay at the Sheraton overnight and catch a flight on September 1.  i know there is a testing facility inside Schipol.  as of right now i cannot figure out how to get the test to fly site to be in English but still working on that.  i should have time once i get dropped at Schipol to get a test at the airport and i assume it is within a 24 hour period of time the flight departs.  i do hope this requirement to enter the US is dropped by August and all this unnecessary anxiety goes away.  i have been on this cruise before and it is amazing.  a few different ports from when i sailed in 2019.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Question: They are testing everyone, on every cruise that arrives back to the US? How much is this extra boondoggle costing the passengers?

No!  On Jewel now.  Only b2b gets tested. Doing b2b so got tested.

1 hour ago, catmandu73 said:

i am on the Jewel cruise on August 19 from Amsterdam.  Knowing that the final payment date for the cruise is coming up in a couple of weeks i have been waffling about whether to cancel now or wait until much closer to sail time.  I am concerned only about getting tested before flying back to the US.  i depart the ship on docking day and then get transported to the Airport to stay at the Sheraton overnight and catch a flight on September 1.  i know there is a testing facility inside Schipol.  as of right now i cannot figure out how to get the test to fly site to be in English but still working on that.  i should have time once i get dropped at Schipol to get a test at the airport and i assume it is within a 24 hour period of time the flight departs.  i do hope this requirement to enter the US is dropped by August and all this unnecessary anxiety goes away.  i have been on this cruise before and it is amazing.  a few different ports from when i sailed in 2019.  

We are on the same cruise!  I ordered eMed tests and will be taking them with us and testing on the ship (hopefully the internet will be good enough).  I really hope that testing for re-entry to US will be dropped by then.  It is being discussed I think so keeping my fingers crosses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

Question: They are testing everyone, on every cruise that arrives back to the US? How much is this extra boondoggle costing the passengers?

The test is required by US Gov't for re-entry into USA. Test must be within one day.  Nothing to do with the ship... At least until the rule is changed...

Edited by englander

Thanks Englander for this thread.  We've been max'd out with stress on this one aspect of our Baltic cruise from Copenhagen in June...simply getting on the plane to fly 'back' to USA after the cruise.   We finally got the RCL protocols for our cruise from our agent and 'nada', RCL offers no help for air passengers coming off the Voyager OS [again, in Copenhagen].  Plus, we have to test 1 day before our flight departure to Denmark as an EU requirement for non-shengen citizens [in addition to the 2 day requirement RCL has for embarkation]. 

We also, want to know how people have fared on Emed tests onboard...or at the airport [in public situations as we'll have no hotel room after our cruise].  Not having specific blow by blow instructions [from RCL or wherever] leaves us with little choice except to cancel [just too much at risk for a stupid nose swab].  Of course, we could just 'walk' across the US border [ha...with all them migrants from the south].  Makes no sense whatsoever; all political theater.

But our lives screwed nontheless.  Mad as heck we are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, englander said:

The test is required by US Gov't for re-entry into USA. Test must be within one day.  Nothing to do with the ship... At least until the rule is changed...

Thanks, but does the ship conduct the actual rapid test before we pull back in?

8 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Thanks, but does the ship conduct the actual rapid test before we pull back in?

No test is required if you are arriving in the USA by ship

• Thanks 1

I haven't cruised in a few months but the testing on the ship was for B2B cruisers and anyone that needed a test to fly internationally. There was no test requirement for just arriving in the US by ship.

Bottom line: until the US rules change, any Americans cruising in Europe this summer must arrange their own proctored or supervised test before flying home. It seems Royal will NOT do it for you, either on board or at the pier.

You can either bring your own eMed test (bearing in mind you may need to rely on ship’s wifi for the video call) OR book a test locally after you disembark. Rapid tests are invariably available at international airports.

Data point: on Wonder this week, they are advising guests to use the testing facility at Barcelona airport, with a QR code and link printed in the Compass.

Edited by gumshoe958

3 hours ago, Big_G said:

I haven't cruised in a few months but the testing on the ship was for B2B cruisers and anyone that needed a test to fly internationally. There was no test requirement for just arriving in the US by ship.

Just to verify Big-G, I was just on the phone with C&A. David told me we can get a test onboard for flying internationally. Cost will be $55 pp. It's done by a third-party so he didn't think we could use OBC to pay for it. No matter, I'm relieved to know I can get the test done onboard without worrying about the internet! We are sailing round trip Amsterdam and returning to USA July 2nd.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, twangster said:

The complimentary test for consecutive cruisers remains listed in the latest FAQ.

That should not be confused with testing to re-enter the US when flying home after the cruise which is not included.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

Updated April 22, 2022 Valid through June 30, 2022

• 6. Can I book back-to-back cruises at this time? Yep! We welcome guests to cruise on as many back-to-back cruises as they wish, including kids of any vaccination status. The travel requirements and health protocols are the same as a single cruise, and back-to back cruisers will need to meet all those requirements. For subsequent cruises, the "pre-cruise test" requirement is fulfilled by a test between cruises. All guests 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be arranged by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart. Visit Guest Services while onboard to arrange this test ahead of your next cruise. We will continue to evaluate this policy as public health guidance evolves.

Thanks for posting the link to this useful FAQ.

• Like 1