How long is Aon Affinity taking to reimburse claims?

dickinson

It has been five weeks now since I submitted a claim to them.  Their site still says "assigned".  Not even showing it "processing".  Anyone in a similar situation?  How long does it take to be reimbursed?  Yes, I know they are probably quite busy!

My sisters initiated a claim back in mid-March.  It was an extremely complicated booking. More documentation was needed.  I just added my name this past Saturday by phone.  I was added 2 business days after that.  I was told it may take up to 21 business days to hear back by email on their decision.  Then communication will be with an claim processor/adjuster.  Current standing is “processing” 

The call person really can’t answer anything about the claim nor can you personally reach the adjuster.  It’s a sit and wait.  I would call, though, and see why it hasn’t started.  Did you check your junk mail for an email asking for more documents?  

Good luck.  It used to be a slam dunk reimbursement.

Just now, dickinson said:

@cr8tiv1 Yes, I always check my junk mail.  Not there.  About to go out so I'll call when I get home.  I just hope they don't have real long hold times.

I just called the number posted above ... about a time limit for filing a claim ... there is none.

press one for english ... less than a minute later ... to whom am I speaking with today ... how can I help you ... is there anything else ...

I just called them with the phone number on their website (different than above).  I didn't have to wait.  Yay!  She looked at my claim and said they have a lot of claims right now (not a surprise) and she will put in a request to expedite.  She said the average claim takes 21 business days.  We are at 28 business days since we received the email from them (I assume it came the same day we submitted the claim) and it just shows "assigned".  Not even in progress.  It is actually a simple claim asking for less than $50 (about $38) because my other insurance paid the rest. 

Good Luck, I submitted 2 claims on January 21st as BF's mother passed away and we had to cancel our B2B. I just received a check yesterday for 1 claim and when I called about the other one which I have been about every 3 weeks I had been told about a month out that they had put the wrong travel supplier on it and it now had a new claim number and the process was starting all over again. So as of yesterday they were waiting to hear back from the cruise line to see if there is a penalty. Penalty- what, someone passed away. 

48 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

Good Luck, I submitted 2 claims on January 21st as BF's mother passed away and we had to cancel our B2B. I just received a check yesterday for 1 claim and when I called about the other one which I have been about every 3 weeks I had been told about a month out that they had put the wrong travel supplier on it and it now had a new claim number and the process was starting all over again. So as of yesterday they were waiting to hear back from the cruise line to see if there is a penalty. Penalty- what, someone passed away. 

So sorry to hear this.  Very frustrating.

• Like 1

We've had to file 2 different claims for missed cruises (both due to airline snags that caused us to miss the boat).  I was not expecting a refund...was fully expecting to receive FCC for each.  Apparently AON still has to "process" your claim in this situation.  Both times it was right at about 28 days.  They then kick it back to Princess and send an email to me saying that I did not qualify for a cash refund (I knew that).  Within about a week it shows up as FCC in my Princess account.

Note: I am making an assumption (maybe a BIG assumption) that you really have to go through AON even if you just want FCC.  On the second claim I considered just waiting to see if it magically appeared in my Princess account...but I chickened out and filed as I had the first time around!

Does anybody know for sure if you just want the FCC will Princess automagically handle it or do you really have to go through AON?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

Yes, still have an 'assigned' claim filed after the FLL mess on 3/12. I emailed last week and got a standard 'we have lots of claims to process' reply.  

On 4/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

Yes, still have an 'assigned' claim filed after the FLL mess on 3/12. I emailed last week and got a standard 'we have lots of claims to process' reply.  

FLL flights were a mess on Mar 19, and that is why I filed 8 weeks ago.

Nothing!

Have you received a refund yet?

filed 5/3 ( for an onboard medical incident on 1/29/22, yeah, I know )  "assigned"

also file with Primary insurance - snail mail - do you believe that?? - received by them on 5/8 per tracking. Called yesterday to primary - it's a medicare advantage supplement plan thru aarp - still not in process yet - could take up to 30 days - but I did learn something about I have a "Worldwide Urgent Care Coverage" with no co-pay.  So will see what happens with that, then add that to my Aon claim.

I'm thinking maybe settled by our next cruise over Thanksgiving 🦄

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

filed 5/3 ( for an onboard medical incident on 1/29/22, yeah, I know )  "assigned"

also file with Primary insurance - snail mail - do you believe that?? - received by them on 5/8 per tracking. Called yesterday to primary - it's a medicare advantage supplement plan thru aarp - still not in process yet - could take up to 30 days - but I did learn something about I have a "Worldwide Urgent Care Coverage" with no co-pay.  So will see what happens with that, then add that to my Aon claim.

I'm thinking maybe settled by our next cruise over Thanksgiving 🦄

Sure hope so!  

• Haha 1

Just got off the phone with AON (claim submitted 3/14).  Very nice representative who checked my "diary" entrees.

Everything has been reviewed.  Sent on to Princess on 4/25 to verify:

1.  Penalties (solo supplement)

2.  Amounts for each passenger

3.  Interest

Everything will go to person who initiated claim.  Individual checks.  

Once approved, 2 days to cut checks.  Mailed same day.  USPS may take from 7 - 14 days (no joke).

Still waiting for Princess.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:59 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

We've had to file 2 different claims for missed cruises (both due to airline snags that caused us to miss the boat).  I was not expecting a refund...was fully expecting to receive FCC for each.  Apparently AON still has to "process" your claim in this situation.  Both times it was right at about 28 days.  They then kick it back to Princess and send an email to me saying that I did not qualify for a cash refund (I knew that).  Within about a week it shows up as FCC in my Princess account.

Note: I am making an assumption (maybe a BIG assumption) that you really have to go through AON even if you just want FCC.  On the second claim I considered just waiting to see if it magically appeared in my Princess account...but I chickened out and filed as I had the first time around!

Does anybody know for sure if you just want the FCC will Princess automagically handle it or do you really have to go through AON?

You still have to go through AON. The CFAR applies only  after your claim is denied by insurance because it was not a covered reason.  Covered reason= insurance. Any reason not covered by insurance= Princess FCC.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I filed a claim with AON infinity on 03 August - very straightforward, disembarked due to positive COVID test.  Submitted all the paperwork/proof and got the standard "Apologies for the wait time, we're processing a significant number of claims currently.  Waited 21 days and called, told it's "still taking a long time, they've received my paperwork and will contact me if they need anything else". Advised to wait 21 BUSINESS days.  Waited the requested time and still nothing.  Not even moved from "Assigned Examiner" to "In Progress". Called for a third time and asked for a supervisor who told me they were working as fast as possible and asked for ANOTHER 30 days!  Waited those 30 days and called for a fourth time today.  Still NO ACTION and I got the same script read to me as before: "I do apologize for the wait time, I see here we have received your paperwork and we are working as quickly as possible".  Asked for a supervisor again and she read me the same script, said it would be another 30 days and still couldn't tell me that I would have any results by then.  I'm pretty upset by now, it's been over 80 days with ZERO results or assistance.  Not happy that I have literally ZERO recourse and am at their mercy...needless to say, I will NEVER use them again and will be filing complaints with every agency and regulatory office I can.

You do know that AON has no incentive to resolve claims fast.  Precovid a site claim was 8 weeks.  Today could be months.

AON and other insurers will eventually get around to the claims.  Feels today that multiple calls just gets a claim returning to the bottom of the pile.

Regulatory complaints actually put things on hold, so don't raise that until after they finally settle.

• Like 1