Discovery Princess April 29th Coastal

ceilidh1

19 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

When I went to the Ocean staff they signed me out & had me sign in again…JourneyView & DMW worked. 😃

Tried that. Latest explanation ( no idea if true) is that phone needs 4GB of free memory for the app to function correctly. Mine most definitely does not. I’m doing just fine with the original ocean concierge app

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Tried that. Latest explanation ( no idea if true) is that phone needs 4GB of free memory for the app to function correctly. Mine most definitely does not. I’m doing just fine with the original ocean concierge app

I had the same problem when I used my iphone 6S.....not enough free memory.     I now have an iPhone 13 ProMax and with 1Trig of memory and the app works like a charm (I love it BTW.....the phone and the app).  

2 hours ago, tiggerrr said:

We had a small hiccup this morning with food allergy handling. My wife is celiac, so must be gluten free. 

Day one was great in the buffet with a chef pointing out everything with confidence. MDR for dinner was the usual great handling by a head waiter. 

This morning at the breakfast buffet she had a minor issue with not being able to get gluten free bread because the person closest to it wasn’t allowed to handle it and the person who was able was located at the other end of the counter. A bit of a layout issue but no big deal. But the chef wasn’t confident in the answers about what she could have and then the person who was getting her fresh bacon (the bacon on the line sits on bread to soak up the grease) almost used the tongs from the line instead of fresh ones for the fresh bacon. 

Lunch was back to the normal great handling. 

So we’re not really fussed. She did get to eat without an actual issue. We’ve seen that with our recent travels in other places too. Where newer staff are not yet up to speed on some of those things. But it was unusual in our normal experience with Princess. Just post-pandemic growing pains. 

We were on the April 17 coastal Discovery and it was my first cruise after being diagnostic as celiac.   We ate most of our meals in the buffet and the staff was great. No problem.  I got to know most of the “white hats”. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Also, when I try to view what’s on using the new, improved medallion class app (and if I hear the term medallion class sailing one more time I swear I will throw myself off the ship) this is all I get. Every. Time.

D67A032F-13F5-4C85-AA1E-3F838359E34D.png

We are currently onboard now too and this is all I get as well.  Sometimes,  my husband has been able to get things that I haven't but for the most part.... we both get nothing.  I do have wifi though. I much prefer the old Princess app.  🙂 

Formal night this evening - though haven’t seen much in the way of formal attire. Early dining reservation in Skagway - no problems getting seated but, yet again, it was a chore to get someone to take our order and DS didn’t get his drink (again) until dessert. Food was good, but could definitely have been hotter!

Bacon corn chowder and lamb for me. Cheeseburger from kids menu for kid. Princess Love Boat Dream and chocolate sundae for dessert.

14032132-ADF9-400C-A571-C8DF88AAAB72.jpeg

CB2F3270-9061-49D2-A092-6B16A0F9CAD8.jpeg

E6E12F20-058B-4AB4-B73E-6038E762E253.jpeg

A3BBCB3D-F9C8-493E-B67E-6796754AEE69.jpeg

A3B1E722-FC8A-4246-81BF-95B3EDEF1FE3.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us!

I noticed the liquid hand soap by the sink which is great.  Wondering if you still get the solid soap disc as well ( thinking no)?   Just wondering if those of us who prefer bar soap in the shower need to plan to bring our own. 

4 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I noticed the liquid hand soap by the sink which is great.  Wondering if you still get the solid soap disc as well ( thinking no)?   Just wondering if those of us who prefer bar soap in the shower need to plan to bring our own. 

We didn't have any soap bars on the March 27th cruise.  I am one who prefers bars over liquid soap, but I managed😉.  There is now a seat or ledge in the shower, so great improvement!  Maybe not big enugh to sit on, but nice for shaving legs, etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

When I went to the Ocean staff they signed me out & had me sign in again…JourneyView & DMW worked. 😃

That’s what fixed it for me. It worked fine until I got onboard. Then nothing but spinning wheel of death. Sign out, sign in fixed it. 

But, like others, I’m not in love with this all or it’s design. But at least drink ordering has worked well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

No bar soap…

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

A few pics from sailaway. Just a small, personal whine (sorry)…I MUCH preferred the old sailaway parties where it was just the cruise staff leading the cheesy dances and all the guests dancing on the open deck. These newer “staged” ones are ok, but nowhere near as fun ms not as much atmosphere (just my opinion - can you tell I don’t deal well with change?)

Why can't they just have the live band playing and pass out drinks?  I don't see the need for a "production show".

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Came back to the room to find these. It’s an elite benefit for formal night but “in request “. I never request them as we don’t eat them. Yet here they are…

7CA9C2FC-B4BB-458B-8684-C52B95B4C53F.jpeg

Since they have probably been sitting there for a while, I'd call them fish food.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Came back to the room to find these. It’s an elite benefit for formal night but “in request “. I never request them as we don’t eat them. Yet here they are…

I don’t know if that’s only on Discovery but on all 4 formal nights during our 14 days onboard they were automatically delivered after we left for our 1700 dinner.

5 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We didn't have any soap bars on the March 27th cruise.  I am one who prefers bars over liquid soap, but I managed😉.  There is now a seat or ledge in the shower, so great improvement!  Maybe not big enugh to sit on, but nice for shaving legs, etc.

Same in our suite. No bar soap.  However, no seat/ledge in the shower in our Discovery cabin.

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

2247 guests on this sailing 

Can you find out number of passengers for May 4 th cruise?

Packing  now.  
Thanks so much for informative thread.

Dog

4 hours ago, dog said:

Can you find out number of passengers for May 4 th cruise?

Packing  now.  
Thanks so much for informative thread.

Dog

I just tried the crew chat feature (one part of the app that appears to work). I have to go down to GS later to get some $1 bills so if no response on crew chat, I will ask then!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1