Good results with ships laundry?

6 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Not a one off.  Things will be washed and dried very hot.   Be sure not to mix lights and darks in the same bag of wash, unless you like gray.  They’ll put it all together in a mesh bag.  It’s not usually folded nicely and usually will be wrinkled.  Dry cleaning and pressing comes back good.  We only use wash and fold for underwear, socks, nightgowns and athletic wear we don’t care about.   Personally I’d look to see if your hotel afterwords has a washer/dryer.  I hang almost all my clothes at home to dry on racks, no dryer so I’d never trust the ship not to ruin them.  

Agree, well said. Just got a Bag done few Days ago and 2 weeks ago, some Fading as usual, few items even more. Though was folded really good no Wrinkles, surprised. But to other posters with the Bag deal only supposed be Gym Clothes, Underwear, Sox, Tshirts, Swimsuits. No nice items, button up shirts or Pants. For me on a B4B 30+ Days worth it. Play a game with that little bag, pack as much as can in it. Roll each item tight squeeze in 5times as much. Last week I had 12 Tshirts, 12 Underwear, 10 Sox, 4 Shorts. Came back in 2 Large Regular Paper Bags, Full. As said was folded nice for change

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

One trick I do when on a b2b...I bring scotch tape then I can fill the bag all the way up to the top and instead of having to have room to twist tie the top of the bag I tape it shut then I tape the paper with cabin info/list of items onto the bag as well.    

Never Tied mine, too full and never an issue... Tape, good idea though

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Hello,

I had a very expensive bespoke (made to measure) formal shirt ripped by the laundry. How badly I do not know as housekeeping spoke to me about it. I was given the cost as refundable OBC without a question as they said they could see it was expensive. Sadly that was not much use as the shirt had been made by Austin Reed that had gone bust so the shirt could not be made again.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I had a very expensive bespoke (made to measure) formal shirt ripped by the laundry. How badly I do not know as housekeeping spoke to me about it. I was given the cost as refundable OBC without a question as they said they could see it was expensive. Sadly that was not much use as the shirt had been made by Austin Reed that had gone bust so the shirt could not be made again.

Regards,

Cublet

That stinks!     And is exactly why I do not put anything into the laundry bag that is precious to me or delicate in anyway.      And I make sure to put only like colors into the bag.     Don't expect whites to come back white if you mix other colors in the bag.       I learned that several years ago but at least it was only some white underwear that changed colors.   

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Great, but I've had a very different experience 

Now the laundry in STAR Class was perfect

John, 

How do you world cruisers plan to do your laundry?  I know it’s included but if you can’t send out anything good that’s a lot of sink laundry.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That stinks!     And is exactly why I do not put anything into the laundry bag that is precious to me or delicate in anyway.      And I make sure to put only like colors into the bag.     Don't expect whites to come back white if you mix other colors in the bag.       I learned that several years ago but at least it was only some white underwear that changed colors.   

It's not just about you mixing colors and whites within your bag.  Your bag is washed with other people's bags, each in their own mesh bag.  So if someone else in your wash load includes something that bleeds colors, there's a good chance some of your clothes will absorb those colors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

It's not just about you mixing colors and whites within your bag.  Your bag is washed with other people's bags, each in their own mesh bag.  So if someone else in your wash load includes something that bleeds colors, there's a good chance some of your clothes will absorb those colors.

I did not know that.  I thought only my bag went into washer.   Even more reason to just stick to dark colors when I send out laundry.  TY🤩

21 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

We have not sailed RCI before, and we will be on Quantum in Oct. this year.  We want to have some of our clothes washed before the end of the cruise because we will be staying in Hawaii for a few days after the cruise.  Please tell me the experiences and or results you had sending your clothes to be laundered.  Thanks. 😃

I’ve used ship’s laundry on RCL, Celebrity and NCL, I stretch out bag to fullest first, then jam in my clothes! Never a problem, sometimes clothes come back on hangers too! I get free laundry on Celebrity and Ncl so I usually get stuff cleaned second to last day but that’s my guy clothes.
My wife won’t trust em! 😇

Also funny thing is little tags stuck to inside of garments, I find em later in the year or years later when wearing em again!🤣Also Celebrity perk dry cleaning my suit once a cruise and 2 pressings.

. 😂Another perk on cruise is free picture, old timer told me dress up get picture, he’s got it for his obituary!😅

True story.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kruzerci said:

They will basically ruin your clothes to be honest. Everything is washed and dried with very high heat and the detergent they use leaves a very strong chemical smell that does not fully come out even after washing them again at home. 

I only use it for old underwear, socks, and old t shirts. 

RCL has ruined a number of clothing items over the years . Expensive and cheap clothes.  Too much heat . 

Edited by ssb

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

John, 

How do you world cruisers plan to do your laundry?  I know it’s included but if you can’t send out anything good that’s a lot of sink laundry.

Someone confirmed it even includes dry cleaning.  I'm hoping they treat this like the nicer laundry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It has been 14 years since I was on an RCI cruise but I always choose, in advance, an unlimited laundry package. Most recent was Rotterdam 12/01/21 for $77 ($7/day). On our last RCI cruise in 2008 (Navigator) and three subsequent cruises on HAL, we had no problem with the laundry service.

2 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

It has been 14 years since I was on an RCI cruise but I always choose, in advance, an unlimited laundry package. Most recent was Rotterdam 12/01/21 for $77 ($7/day). On our last RCI cruise in 2008 (Navigator) and three subsequent cruises on HAL, we had no problem with the laundry service.

Royal doesn't do that anymore

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 2:12 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I bring a small bottle of woolite and hand wash our bathing suits, blouses, rash guard shirts, bras...

The confiscated our Woolite on our Adventure cruise! We had to pick it up at the end along with our very naughty fan (though our other fan made it through, thank goodness!). I'll be putting the Woolite in a shampoo bottle for our next cruise.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Booking It said:

The confiscated our Woolite on our Adventure cruise! We had to pick it up at the end along with our very naughty fan (though our other fan made it through, thank goodness!). I'll be putting the Woolite in a shampoo bottle for our next cruise.

For real?? Did they say why? Now that is bizarre unless I missed something mild soap is now flammable.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Booking It said:

Wow, I would be very upset and lost without my woolite for bathing suits, etc.

I do put mine in small clear plastic squirt bottles for easy packing never thinking they take woolite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have used the laundry service most every cruise.  I do dockers and UnderArmour polos in the wash and fold  along with underwear and socks.  Never a problem, and it's so much cheaper than checking an extra bag on an airplane.  I've twice had them do a natural hemp formal Guayabera  (of course not wash and fold), and it has come back gleaming white with nary a wrinkle.  I use laundry service at home for everything that goes on hangers, and the Royal Caribbean service is better.

• Like 1

Does the hotel you will be staying at in Hawaii have coin operated laundry?  Spending a fraction of the cost and just a little bit of time in the hotel’s laundry room would be my choice.  I always book a hotel with coin operated machines to start a cruise with clean laundry and would prefer doing it myself if I had a few days in a hotel post cruise.  I pack a few All pods, dryer sheets and quarters & I am good to go. 

• Like 1

One time on a Celebrity ship years ago everything came back kind of dingy looking, so I think those things were washed with someone else's clothes that had a dark color that faded.  That has only happened one time, so I think that with many complaints, probably all ship laundry service is more careful now.  On our recent 12 day RCCL cruise DH had just put on a pair of clean white shorts and promptly spilled his entire cup of coffee on the shorts...AND somehow managed to get chocolate from the chocolate croissant at breakfast on the shorts as well.  Ugh...I knew we couldn't wait to get home to deal with those stains and I didn't think my Tide Pen was up to this large a task.  SO we went straight back to the room, found our fabulous room steward, told her what happened and I filled out the laundry slip with the coffee/chocolate stains notation.  I couldn't believe it...those shorts came back the next day beautifully pressed, looking better than brand new if that's possible!  So while I wouldn't send anything delicate or that would shrink, I feel confident using ship laundry service for most things.

• Thanks 1