SeaPass Lanyards

Mikewa

Ovation August 5 to Alaska.  Not our first cruise, but it's been a while.  Is the SeaPass a standard size - like a credit card?  Does the cruise line supply a lanyard, or should we buy a standard size lanyard?  Thanks.

Why have something dangling around your neck?  It reminds me too much of the spinster librarian with the steel grey hair that always had glasses hanging down.  Seems like folks use those dangly things to draw attention to "massive tracts of land".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Why have something dangling around your neck?  It reminds me too much of the spinster librarian with the steel grey hair that always had glasses hanging down.  Seems like folks use those dangly things to draw attention to "massive tracts of land".

Orrrrrrr, maybe they just find it convenient. Novel concept, I know.  😉

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmerick said:

I find librarians sexy.  As well a "massive tracts of land".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My husband and I love lanyards.  So convenient.  When I cruise I always carry the magnets with hooks, so I put a couple of those magnets on the inside of the cabin door so that we can just grab our lanyards w/seapasses on the way out of the room.  For those ports that require a government issued ID, I was able to also slip my Drivers License into the lanyard as well.  I had purchased larger plastic holders for our Vaccine cards on Amazon, so I was also able to clip that onto the lanyard  for those ports that require both an ID and your original vaccine card...everything conveniently available, no searching pockets/bags, etc. for those items.  

• Like 5

Since almost all of us in our family have to wear a lanyard at work or school, it's second nature onboard, especially if we are in swimwear without pockets. Different colors for each of us means we grab the right one... 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

You could always use a fanny pack. 🤣

I only buy and bring on dress slacks, capris, and shorts that have back pockets.  

Packing my fanny with my sea pass card...like it needs more packing!!!   😄 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I only buy and bring on dress slacks, capris, and shorts that have back pockets.  

Now that's funny, but not true. 🍷

• Like 1

Flimsy pocket lanyard does get tangled with sunglasses on keeper and boonie hat cord.  We hate being behind people on gangway that are searching for their cruise card.

Thanks for reminding me that I need some new card holders.  Old ones starting to tear.

6 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Flimsy pocket lanyard does get tangled with sunglasses on keeper and boonie hat cord.  We hate being behind people on gangway that are searching for their cruise card.

Thanks for reminding me that I need some new card holders.  Old ones starting to tear.

We do to and also those trying to fumble with their lanyards as you stated. That's why we always have our SeaPass cards in our hands before getting to the check point before leaving and returning to the ship. 

• Like 1

I use a lanyard because most times I don't have a pocket on me. Even if I do, I know I'm not going to lose my card if it's around neck. I have often tried sliding my card back into my pocket only to have it fall to the floor because I wasn't at the opening of the pocket

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

I use a lanyard because most times I don't have a pocket on me. Even if I do, I know I'm not going to lose my card if it's around neck. I have often tried sliding my card back into my pocket only to have it fall to the floor because I wasn't at the opening of the pocket

Your pants are too tight or you've had one too many drinks. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

As a Brit that sentence paints a very different picture!!! Not the place to keep your sea pass card on a family friendly cruise.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I don't use a lanyard which can cause a problem.  The card is printed not on the plastic but on a thin laminate layer on the top.  Pull it in and out of the pocket too many times and it will delaminate.  Then it's off to get a new one.

15 hours ago, Polar_penguin said:

As a Brit that sentence paints a very different picture!!! Not the place to keep your sea pass card on a family friendly cruise.😉

Gotta love that Brit Humor!  😉 

So Touristy looking Fanny Packs are not a thing there I assume.  😄 

8 hours ago, ericosmith said:

I don't use a lanyard which can cause a problem.  The card is printed not on the plastic but on a thin laminate layer on the top.  Pull it in and out of the pocket too many times and it will delaminate.  Then it's off to get a new one.

On the last several cruises, we have had the same thing...not using a Lanyard.  They got cheap with that thin film laminate for sure since restart post Covid,  but the reader code on the back...I don't think has a laminate over it.  Could be wrong, but that side never comes off.  The bar code is the important part to me.  😉 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

On the last several cruises, we have had the same thing...not using a Lanyard.  They got cheap with that thin film laminate for sure since restart post Covid,  but the reader code on the back...I don't think has a laminate over it.  Could be wrong, but that side never comes off.  The bar code is the important part to me.  😉 

I always use the holders that you slide & clip the card into ... often heat causes the laminate ones to stick to the card and it's a struggle to get the damn thing out !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Gotta love that Brit Humor!  😉 

So Touristy looking Fanny Packs are not a thing there I assume.  😄 

No .... it's the term "fanny" that makes us giggle .... (that's a colloquialism for vagina here)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, allyfree said:

No .... it's the term "fanny" that makes us giggle .... (that's a colloquialism for vagina here)

OMG!  Would not have caught that one...assumed something else from the "Fanny region".  😉 

• Haha 1

DH won’t use one but he always has pockets. I rarely do.  I found one somewhere for $1 that is pink pleather and holds my sea pass card in an ID slot plus has a little zipper for my drink tip money.  Score.

At night I let him carry the cards but my lanyard is with me during the day.  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG!  Would not have caught that one...assumed something else from the "Fanny region".  😉 

Definitely adds a new dimension to "swiping your card" 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the information.  Maybe by the time I cruise again, all SeaPass data will be imprinted on the back of the retina and will only need an eye scan.👁️