Unable to purchase Cheers! 4/30 8pm EST

karma459

Is anyone else currently having issues making funshop purchases? I tried adding Cheers earlier this week, and got the "Something went wrong" message. 

So, Im trying again now (before the increase tomorrow) and I'm getting the error: Maximum number of purchases reached for the day

I don't have any other alcohol or drink purchases on this reservation. i do have some food items, steakhouse reservations, shore excursions,  but again - no alcohol.

Of course Carnival is closed.

This is really crummy that because of their website issue, I'll have to pay additional.  I did take a screenshot of the error. 

I am getting the same message trying to book a specialty dining for five of us in two cabins.

Earlier today I made some purchases for specialty dining/wifi totalling six "orders" spread over our two cabins. 

The message I'm getting is saying I'm at my maximum amount of orders for the day? Didn't realize that Carnival wanted to make sure I don't overspend on the cruise!?

• Haha 1

My bet is they are updating to the new prices that go live at midnight.  That is why I did not wait until the last minute to grab our stuff for next week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ray98 said:

My bet is they are updating to the new prices that go live at midnight.  That is why I did not wait until the last minute to grab our stuff for next week.

I work for a software company and that's not how updates work, FYI. 

i have been trying throughout the week, but got OTHER error messages. Glad you were successful - good for you.

Yep, getting the same "max number of orders reached for the day" message. 

Was able to get Cheers for our Oct. 2022 cruise earlier....but now, not for our 2023 cruise. 

Two, count 'em, TWO cheers for Carnival's website journaling system that can't handle the load.    

I’d guess they have to have a numeric value  inside their inventory system even for these non-tangible items for sale, and whatever that was set for (say 9999) was reached today with this surge to get in before May 1.  Meaning the max is in their end, not you as an individual purchaser.

Yikes.

Edited by Nog Vlog

Granted it is rare that they would ever reach the limit amount, but as a programmer you need to think about all possible situations that might occur. This is a very simple coding error that could have been prevented. Hopefully they learn from this and change it so that it doesn't happen again in the future. Lastly, as a business why would you ever put a limit on the number of orders that you receive in a day? Someone really F-ed up here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MICMAN said:

Bizarre thing happened to me, I had 3 items in cart. 2 spa purchases went through, but internet package denied.

My WiFi purchase was the first thing denied.  Then it was everything thereafter.    

I just got it to work for Cheers, 12:05 AM eastern time with the original pricing of $51.95.   I logged out and logged back in before trying it just to refresh my session and make sure the pricing had not changed.   Good luck if you try again.

Edit: 12:22 AM - I see the prices have changed now.  I did check my confirmation email and the pricing I got was definately the old price tiers.  I guess I got lucky, hope some of you kept trying and did as well. 

Edited by ShodanCST

I added Cheers to my cart right before midnight and checked out afterward; it worked and the old price was honored.  

How much did the Wi-fi price change, from what to what?  I also put those through after midnight but not sure if the price I got was the lower or higher price.  

10 hours ago, karma459 said:

Is anyone else currently having issues making funshop purchases? I tried adding Cheers earlier this week, and got the "Something went wrong" message. 

So, Im trying again now (before the increase tomorrow) and I'm getting the error: Maximum number of purchases reached for the day

I don't have any other alcohol or drink purchases on this reservation. i do have some food items, steakhouse reservations, shore excursions,  but again - no alcohol.

Of course Carnival is closed.

This is really crummy that because of their website issue, I'll have to pay additional.  I did take a screenshot of the error. 

It is fixed and extended for 24 hours.

• Like 1

Just got the email about this and the extension. Brilliant marketing strategy and cash generation. Let the panic buying ensue! They should glitch it out again later tonight, wash-repeat and do a "final final" opportunity tomorrow lol. Maybe even a throwback 24-hour opportunity again on June 1st, say it's due to popular demand and customer service complaints so they are extending it one final time. 😆      

If you are getting this message below, there is nothing you can do at the moment. Some idiot programmer capped the max number of orders the Fun Shops can process each day. The only thing you can do is wait until 12am EST, place the order, and hope the prices didn't change. 

image.thumb.png.fa80eb669e084b7670bf73c19f03cc8c.png