Silver Nova Pool Deck & Restaurant Renderings

voyager23

Some new renderings of the new Silver Nova were presented at the Sea Trade Cruise Global Conference of the pool area and some of the restaurants:

image.jpeg.f857718e619ed72942d52237cdfbd834.jpeg

Main Pool 

image.jpeg.d9a0526a70536180bb747e243a8a93d5.jpeg

Main Pool

image.thumb.jpeg.6cceec5ebef407a20dd050fc4d1b75a8.jpeg

The Marquee

image.jpeg.864502776dcfc425e8ac26dae45d8e6c.jpeg

Dusk Bar

image.jpeg.e72081a0c81e0e843e1f416720a14b47.jpeg

Kaiseki 

image.jpeg.1dba08c111c7c17632ca32223f459cf2.jpeg

Atlantide

image.jpeg.1de7704d7dc213db2ad81f07a9db0a3b.jpeg

La Dame

image.jpeg.6afde59d059b96f6377e83bec155c010.jpeg

La Terrazza

Source: https://www.travelweek.ca/news/first-look-at-silverseas-silver-nova-scheduled-for-delivery-in-2023/

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/silversea-unveils-asymmetrical-design-for-silver-nova-34000

Edited by voyager23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, voyager23 said:

Some new renderings of the new Silver Nova…

image.jpeg.f857718e619ed72942d52237cdfbd834.jpeg

Is that an accurate rendering?  It looks as if the stack is completely aligned on the port side which seems very odd for proper weight distribution, let alone aesthetics.

Also, what is the plan for the two sitting areas that abut the pool?  Is SS going to treat them like a cabana with a per diem?  If not, I can only imagine the chair hog battles this new design element will create.

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Haha 1

And I’m not seeing a walking / jogging track so I hope this rendering is not very accurate. 

The long banquettes in the middle of Atlantide look pretty ghastly too. 

I have a cruise booked on her because it’s the only one SS appears to offer through the Panama Canal without going to South America, but it may be one and done looking at these pictures. 
Or it may not be, who knows what she’ll be like IRL. 

Edited by jollyjones

5 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Is that an accurate rendering?  It looks as if the stack is completely aligned on the port side which seems very odd for proper weight distribution, let alone aesthetics.

Yes it's supposedly a new asymmetrical plan. If you look at the deck plan (only cabins shown so far) but you can see how the white box space midship for funnel casing running through the decks is off center:

image.thumb.png.b764075ed9774a866488143f4690f77d.png

Quoted from an article:

"Silver Nova’s asymmetrical design has enabled the creation of a reimagined pool area and new outdoor venues on decks 10 and 11. Each space places emphasis on the destination, with panoramic views that connect guests with the world beyond. The following venues and deck spaces highlight Silver Nova’s all-new outdoor offering:

The Pool Deck – Decks 10/11

Silver Nova’s pool decks will be the primary outdoor areas in which guests can relax, refresh and socialize, with ample space for 280 sunbeds on decks 10 and 11. The horseshoe-shaped pool area will occupy a generous space on the starboard side of the ship, affording unobstructed views from the swimming pool, the adjacent pool bar, and the sunbathing areas."

Source:https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/silversea-reveals-new-details-of-next-ship-silver-nova.html

Edited by voyager23
  • Thanks 1

When might Silversea release a complete deck plan? This drip feeding of suite decks a few weeks ago and these few renderings can perk up interest but then the lack of details about public areas makes for confusion. No one likes that.

I truly hope Silversea retains their top of decks circular tracks. These tracks with unobstructed views and the deep, relatively large pools are great. They are important feature for the health conscious and an their lack at Seabourn are absolute drawbacks, especially on Seabourn Encore and Ovation with their small areas just above their small pools.

The rollout of this D2D pricing and its justification has made enough waves already. Let’s get things explained properly about that and about Nova and we will take it from there with Silversea.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Edited by markham
  • Like 1

Concur Markham, on keeping the jogging tracks.

After spending 17 days on the Dawn last month, there is a systemic issue  (begins from 5:45am until closing (when I am in there at 5am there is no cigarette smoke smell)) with second hand smoke permeating the fitness/Otium space (both inside and on Otium veranda)me thinks from Crew space on Deck4). After a month, more Silver Dawn guests, on board now, report the same issue.

Hope also that the Silver Nova design is not one or two decks above the crew space or we may find the same second hand smoke issue that now exists in the Dawn's fitness/Otium space.

• Like 1

We’ve booked. Think it looks amazing. And we’re delighted that most of the cabins have a walk in double shower, which we had recently on Spirit. A bath is a total waste of space for us. Like the larger La Dame as we found it too small and therefore way too warm on Spirit. Can’t wait. 

3 hours ago, WesW said:

After spending 17 days on the Dawn last month, there is a systemic issue  (begins from 5:45am until closing (when I am in there at 5am there is no cigarette smoke smell)) with second hand smoke permeating the fitness/Otium space (both inside and on Otium veranda)me thinks from Crew space on Deck4). After a month, more Silver Dawn guests, on board now, report the same issue.

Wes, did SS change the design of the crew space on the Dawn versus the Moon?  The reason I ask is because I don't remember reading any complaints of smoke in the fitness center on the Moon.  Considering the ships are basically twins (like the Shadow / Whisper), I don't understand why there is a smoke issue on the Dawn, but not the Moon.

• Like 1

Brian, good ?  Tony Hanks is on the Moon Grand Voyage in the Med now and I asked him to do an experiment and check for second hand smoke in the fitness facility about 3pm.  Here is what he said: " No problem. It doesn't really have a verandah fitness space, as it's more an extension of the spa. Lounges for a recovery area, etc. Anyway, I checked for a cigarette smell and there's none at 3pm. Same when I checked a second time at 5pm. Maybe it depends on the habits of a smoking crew member who happens to be onboard? Cheers."

After Tony told me this, I booked the Moon Grand Prix voyage (and seggie before) next year.

Alas, will not be booking the Dawn again.

I have several cruises booked on the Dawn but since the concept of a 'fitness facility' does not feature in my life, I don't think it'll be a problem.

The only reason I know that these strange places are on the ships is because it's like the blank white spaces on the deckplans - areas I don't go to.

OTOH the top deck walking track ... now, that's important. I like to walk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that I have been thinking more about the Nova and her deckplans, I have realised one thing that makes me uneasy about her, despite having a cruise booked (which I have booked mainly for the itinerary).

And that is that the passenger cabin decks are just that - all passenger cabins. Thus there will be the looooong corridors with just cabins stretching way into the distance, making the ship more reminiscent of much bigger ships.

One of the charms of the current ships is that every deck has cabins to the for'ard and other spaces - restaurants, bars, etc. - to the aft so corridors are shorter and the ship feels more intimate.

I wonder how this will feel IRL? Personally I think this will have more impact on how big the ship feels rather than how many pax she holds.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Now that I have been thinking more about the Nova and her deckplans, I have realised one thing that makes me uneasy about her, despite having a cruise booked (which I have booked mainly for the itinerary).

And that is that the passenger cabin decks are just that - all passenger cabins. Thus there will be the looooong corridors with just cabins stretching way into the distance, making the ship more reminiscent of much bigger ships.

One of the charms of the current ships is that every deck has cabins to the for'ard and other spaces - restaurants, bars, etc. - to the aft so corridors are shorter and the ship feels more intimate.

I wonder how this will feel IRL? Personally I think this will have more impact on how big the ship feels rather than how many pax she holds.

How many cabins and how many guests on this new ship? It seems big than the current fleet.

7 minutes ago, Lirio said:

How many cabins and how many guests on this new ship? It seems big than the current fleet.

I believe  the ship holds 728. Don't know how many cabins.

• Like 1

I know this thread is about the pool deck and restaurants in particular, but some of the suite renderings on the website intrigue me. Why would you put a box in front of the bedroom window of some of the upscale suites, presumably containing the TV, so that you can't see the full view from bed? I hope these are just artistic license?

Also, where is the jogging track going?

I have to say that I do like the style of the fixtures and fittings in all the renderings.

I thought so too, but then looking closely at the rendering and the spacing on the deck plan, it seems they just forgot to highlight it, but you can see it shows up in one of the renderings circling the aft portion of the deck:image.thumb.png.f12f7624d7cb33e7f3921da4cbf7c875.png

image.thumb.png.5b5ab59eb021464eaec741b6bb264432.png

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, voyager23 said:

I thought so too, but then looking closely at the rendering and the spacing on the deck plan, it seems they just forgot to highlight it, but you can see it shows up in one of the renderings circling the aft portion of the deck:image.thumb.png.f12f7624d7cb33e7f3921da4cbf7c875.png

image.thumb.png.5b5ab59eb021464eaec741b6bb264432.png

Now I'd like to know the length! lol

Turtlemichael,

Thanks very much for your sleuthing and consequent observation. The track is a terrific plus on the newer Silversea ships, and much needed as the pounds/kilos inevitably creep upwards.

So far, and from what we know, so good. And I hasten to add that we have much to admire and respect in Silversea for their design creativity with Nova.

Happy and healthy sailing!