Covid Test Required for Flight into Italy

mkolbicka

I have been through several websites and still get mixed results.  Do you need a COVID test for entry into Rome, Italy.  We are flying from the USA on 12 May.  Thank you for any help you can give me. 

As long as you are up to date with vaccinations you don’t have to test to board the plane. We are going on the 11th. Since we need the test to board the ship on the 13th we are going to test the morning before we leave, but it’s not required for the flight.

Edited by Purplsmurf

8 minutes ago, mkolbicka said:

I have been through several websites and still get mixed results.  Do you need a COVID test for entry into Rome, Italy.  We are flying from the USA on 12 May.  Thank you for any help you can give me. 

The answer is it depends ... from the US Embassy in Italy:

• Beginning on May 1 and valid until June 15, 2022, travelers from the United States may enter Italy if they are asymptomatic AND present one of the following:
      • An Anti-COVID 19 vaccination certificate for an European Medicines Agency (EMA)-recognized vaccine.  At present, EMA recognizes the following vaccines: Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, AstraZeneca and Novavax. The date of the last dose of the primary vaccination series must be at least 14 days prior to travel and no more than 270 days before arrival unless a booster shot was administered. Travelers vaccinated in the United States can prove this via the “white card” bearing the CDC logo.
      • A medical certificate confirming recovery from COVID valid for six months form recovery.
      • A negative molecular PCR test result carried out within 72 hours of arrival or a rapid antigen test result carried out within 48 hours of arrival
  • Passengers unable to present a valid vaccination, recovery certificate or negative test result will have to self-isolate on arrival for five days and undergo a molecular PCR or rapid antigen test at the end of the isolation

To enter Italy you don´t need a test when you´re "up to date" vaccinated meaning you need the booster if your second shot is older than 270 days. If you´re not "up to date" you are regarded as not vaccinated and therefore you need a test.

For boarding a cruise ship you need a test. Obviously Italy said 1 day old but now Celebrity changed it back to 2 days.

steamboats

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

To enter Italy you don´t need a test when you´re "up to date" vaccinated meaning you need the booster if your second shot is older than 270 days. If you´re not "up to date" you are regarded as not vaccinated and therefore you need a test.

For boarding a cruise ship you need a test. Obviously Italy said 1 day old but now Celebrity changed it back to 2 days.

steamboats

THEY DID?!?!??!

I hope so!!!

Andy

3 hours ago, Majkman said:

THEY DID?!?!??!

I hope so!!!

Andy

No hoping, here is what Celebrity says:  

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminalprior to Embarkation.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.  
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Being the overly cautious cynical person I am, I actually took a screenshot of that on celebrity’s website in case I (we) had any issues at the cruise port!

-Amanda

3 hours ago, Baxter68 said:

Being the overly cautious cynical person I am, I actually took a screenshot of that on celebrity’s website in case I (we) had any issues at the cruise port!

-Amanda

I’d do that too, but I’d expect to be told, well things are changing rapidly!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You don’t need a test to enter Italy. No one even asked to see our up to date Covid vaccination cards when we arrived yesterday.   It is an Italian rule that all passengers traveling by air into Italy must wear a mask on the plane and in the airport upon arrival.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, steamboats said:

steamboats

On 5/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, Majkman said:

THEY DID?!?!??!

I hope so!!!

Andy

22 hours ago, Denny01 said:

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminalprior to Embarkation.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.  

14 hours ago, Baxter68 said:

-Amanda

Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

As of today, May 3rd, it was changed BACK to one day....

Italy (Ravenna and Civitavecchia) Travel Requirements as of May 3, 2022

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

Curious what tomorrow will bring... 15 hours???😁

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

As of today, May 3rd, it was changed BACK to one day....

Italy (Ravenna and Civitavecchia) Travel Requirements as of May 3, 2022

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

Curious what tomorrow will bring... 15 hours???😁

Wait!!!! First I liked your reply.....then I read it, and then UNLIKED it!!! 🙂

Ugh!!!!

Andy

• Haha 1

Yup, back to 1 day prior. We were already going to be in Civitavecchia 2 days prior so we were taking the test while there already. We all need to watch the changing requirements! 

One question. It says that the ‘Up to Date Guests’, those who had full vaccinations within 270 days or a booster:  Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

Does that infer we could take the test at the terminal as they are providing for those designated Fully-vaccinated (have been vaccinated but taken longer than 270 prior and no booster)? 

I’ll test the day prior, but it would be nice to know it we have issues doing that on line at our hotel, that we can be tested At the terminal.I’d call Celebrity, but with the extended hold times, And I don’t really trust what a peson who is working the phones will actually know For Sure. 

Oh well. Would be interesting if someone knew this from direct experience. 

Den

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baxter68 said:

Oh my word! I agree!!

Yep, seems to always be a whiplash moment for many of us cruising Celebrity.  it tests one's resiliency and 

ability to plan for all forseeable situations too.  I am hoping since we travel/leave in the middle of the month that we may actually know the rules, but of course I could be wrong...

On 5/4/2022 at 3:24 AM, Lastdance said:

Yep, seems to always be a whiplash moment for many of us cruising Celebrity.  it tests one's resiliency and 

ability to plan for all forseeable situations too.  I am hoping since we travel/leave in the middle of the month that we may actually know the rules, but of course I could be wrong...

😂😂😂

On 5/3/2022 at 9:51 PM, Denny01 said:

Yup, back to 1 day prior. We were already going to be in Civitavecchia 2 days prior so we were taking the test while there already. We all need to watch the changing requirements! 

One question. It says that the ‘Up to Date Guests’, those who had full vaccinations within 270 days or a booster:  Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

Does that infer we could take the test at the terminal as they are providing for those designated Fully-vaccinated (have been vaccinated but taken longer than 270 prior and no booster)? 

I’ll test the day prior, but it would be nice to know it we have issues doing that on line at our hotel, that we can be tested At the terminal.I’d call Celebrity, but with the extended hold times, And I don’t really trust what a peson who is working the phones will actually know For Sure. 

Oh well. Would be interesting if someone knew this from direct experience. 

Den

I have asked the question via celebrity messenger but still awaiting reply. This is our dilemma too. Would be nice to know we have a back up plan. 

Edited by sunlover33

1 minute ago, sunlover33 said:

I have asked the question via celebrity messenger but still awaiting reply. This is our dilemma too. Would be nice to know we have a back up plan. 

Thank you for asking.