Live from Royal Princess sailing May 2, 2022 for 12 nights rountrip from Vancouver to Alaska

lks

10 hours ago, compozer said:
  1. ...
  2. Several that I want are already waitlisted - RATS!!   Do you still pay upfront if you are  waitlisted?

THANKS

You don't have to pay upfront to go on the waitlist. If you clear before online booking of excursions closes (a few days before sailing), you will be notified by email and have 48 hours (I think, it could be 24) to pay up. If you clear while on the ship it simply goes on your account.

• Like 1

As too what excursions that were canceled.   First one was less than 2 months ago.  It was the one for Hubbard Glacier.   Get off big ship for a smaller  ship.  It was something  with vendor.  

2nd  one was the Mendenhall Glacier Hiking.   Cancel due to vendor.  

Also found out due to some of the tours in Juneau were canceled  due to not enough passengers  booking  them.  So for Juneau we changed  to Alaska  whales & mendenhall Glacier trail  small group, then they got changed  to arriving a hour late into Juneau .  So we ended  up changing to whale watching &wildlife quest by Allen  family. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lks said:

In Juneau yesterday we went for a walk into town around 3pm. We found a nice local Irish pub so mg put me into daddy day care and did a bit of shopping. Had a good chat with some locals and also met a group off of the royal Caribbean ship. It just so happens some of them live in qualicum Beach about 15 minutes from us. Small world.

We had a great dinner last night. It was prime rib ant it was excellent! Best we have had in a long time.

Today we will make our way into Skagway and maybe have lunch there.

I agree with you. Prime rib was so much better than what was served previously- in 2018 and 2019. Beef was cooked perfectly, as ordered AND tender. At last!

• Like 2

Wulfwyn,    Thanks for posting the pictures.   

I have been looking forward to doing the White Pass train excursion for three years but there is so much confusion about it.    Reports are all different and many say the train is canceled yet Princess still has all of their excursions listed.        Which one did you do?   I would prefer to do the train in both directions.  We loved dogs but have stopped at the kennels before.   Same with gold panning.

Were you happy with the excursion?    

Good morning. Icy Straights Pointe today. Trying to decide if I will venture out or not. 

For those who were in Crooners last night, you may have notice that a bunch of us sitting at the bar were having way too much fun. It was Jackie's fault for starting it though. She got going dancing with a broom stick. Then we started singing at the top of our lungs "take me home, country roads!" While passing tongs and other bartending tools as pretend microphones. But the absolute topper was when one of the bartender s grabbed a stapler and took "photos" of us celebrity singers. I laughed until I cried, it was so funny.

I shall have to ask him how the photos turned out

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, mrsskyhook said:

Good morning. Icy Straights Pointe today. Trying to decide if I will venture out or not. 

For those who were in Crooners last night, you may have notice that a bunch of us sitting at the bar were having way too much fun. It was Jackie's fault for starting it though. She got going dancing with a broom stick. Then we started singing at the top of our lungs "take me home, country roads!" While passing tongs and other bartending tools as pretend microphones. But the absolute topper was when one of the bartender s grabbed a stapler and took "photos" of us celebrity singers. I laughed until I cried, it was so funny.

I shall have to ask him how the photos turned out

This brings back some good memories. Who are the Bartenders and piano player? 

7 hours ago, compozer said:

I have been looking forward to doing the White Pass train excursion for three years but there is so much confusion about it.    Reports are all different and many say the train is canceled yet Princess still has all of their excursions listed.        Which one did you do?   I would prefer to do the train in both directions.  We loved dogs but have stopped at the kennels before.   Same with gold panning.

Sounds like you are in luck as the train trips in both directions where you do not get off (ride to the Summit and back to Skagway) are running.  Any tour that has a bus/train combo that has the train going into or out of Canada is currently not running for the 2022 season as the train is not crossing the border.  I don't know why Princess still has those excursions listed?  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, compozer said:

Train is only to summit.  No trains  are crossing the boarder.  

We did the Sled Dogs, Panning for Gold and train.  You have a costume  guide for the excursion.   It was wonderful.   Would highly  recommend  this excursion.  On train was a private car.

20220505_100608.jpg

• Like 4

Just a quick update on rooms.  There is no USB port  near the bed.  The lamps  do not have the ports.  Only 2 electricity outlets  in room on desk. 

I will post a picture  of the upgrade  elite  bathroom supplies.

To switch  out mini bar.  You talk to your cabin stewards.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wulfwyn,    Thanks for telling me about the train.    Still sounds like fun, even without going into Canada.     We did not get the sewing kit last month on the Enchanted - luckily I brought an old one along  - one of the only times I needed to sew something.

Love their pizzas.

Appreciate all your pictures.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:35 PM, Steelers36 said:

My guess is that Princess is trying to avoid a huge backlog or throttle point just prior to arriving back/to Canada and finding that half the passengers are clued out and not ready to go with the App.

Another major reason is the bandwidth needed when everyone tries to download the app once on board.

Connection speeds are slow enough already, and they practically ground to a halt on the Ruby recently because they let everyone without the app on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfwyn said:

Here is how the elite bathroom supplies looked like when you get into your room.  

20220506_133632.jpg

20220506_133703.jpg

It boggles my mind how the amenities are not standardized across the fleet.  Every ship seems to have their own idea of what it should include.  I think they need to customize "my" elite bag to include but not limited to:

Blue shaving kit bag

Sewing kit

Shower cap

Loofa

Razor / shaving cream

Q-tips

Emery board

All I got was the shower cap and emery board. Ha Ha in a folded pocket face cloth.

Thanks for making me envious.

Nightlights 

With Royal Princess  you have 3 motion detected lights that come on.  By each nightstand on floor and the hallway  by closet and bathroom. Not able to turn off light,  last about 5 minutes 

Laundry is taking about 1 day.

Most travel passengers was 400 or more days.  

Dinner menu 

20220506_184110.jpg

20220506_184116.jpg

4 hours ago, truffles68 said:

Has anyone sent out laundry on this sailing ? Was cleaning  ( dry cleaning available) for the elites ? Thanks.

I sent out laundry and it was returned within 30 hours. 😊

Listed on laundry order is Cleaning list AND Laundry list.

Fyi - shoe shine service for black or brown shoes only. I have red leather boots and couldn't get them cleaned. 😥

16519118253291183385463.jpg

3 hours ago, Wulfwyn said:

Nightlights 

With Royal Princess  you have 3 motion detected lights that come on.  By each nightstand on floor and the hallway  by closet and bathroom. Not able to turn off light,  last about 5 minutes 

Laundry is taking about 1 day.

Most travel passengers was 400 or more days.  

Dinner menu 

20220506_184110.jpg

20220506_184116.jpg

Wondering. Where did you get the info about most traveled passenger's number of days? No cocktail party listed until May 10th

13 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

This brings back some good memories. Who are the Bartenders and piano player? 

@2 cruises a year bartenders at Crooners arebJare Jacki e and Lito into late night. RIZ aND others.

Piano players is usually Kory Simon. One other in other location- Janusz Bator in Wheelhouse bar

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

I sent out laundry and it was returned within 30 hours. 😊

Listed on laundry order is Cleaning list AND Laundry list.

Fyi - shoe shine service for black or brown shoes only. I have red leather boots and couldn't get them cleaned. 😥

16519118253291183385463.jpg

Thank you CruzeQueen2.

6 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Wondering. Where did you get the info about most traveled passenger's number of days? No cocktail party listed until May 10th

Since I have been to one, 2016, I just go and asked.  Checking to see if we are close enough.  Need to sail more.  

Tina