Live from Royal Princess sailing May 2, 2022 for 12 nights rountrip from Vancouver to Alaska

lks

19 hours ago, Wulfwyn said:

Train is only to summit.  No trains  are crossing the boarder.  

We did the Sled Dogs, Panning for Gold and train.  You have a costume  guide for the excursion.   It was wonderful.   Would highly  recommend  this excursion.  On train was a private car.

20220505_100608.jpg

Were masks required or was it a personal choice.

7 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@2 cruises a year bartenders at Crooners arebJare Jacki e and Lito into late night. RIZ aND others.

Piano players is usually Kory Simon. One other in other location- Janusz Bator in Wheelhouse bar

is Kory Simon the one that does the cheesy karaoke type sing-a-long in Crooners? If so, we walked out and didn't go back if he was there.  One lady dominated the "show" and brought along her own songbook...

Just now, voljeep said:

is Kory Simon the one that does the cheesy karaoke type sing-a-long in Crooners? If so, we walked out and didn't go back if he was there.  One lady dominated the "show" and brought along her own songbook...

I wouldn't like that either!

If you notice that your shipmates cannot locate you on the app, or you have to tap your Medallion to open your cabin door, it's a sign that you need to get your Medallion replaced.  I stopped by guest services and a new one printed in less than a minute. 

Edited by mrsskyhook
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrsskyhook said:

, it's a sign that you need to get your Medallion replaced.  I stopped by guest services and a new one printed in less than a minute. 

A month ago, I had to have mine replaced twice.    Give me back my key card.   

33 minutes ago, compozer said:

A month ago, I had to have mine replaced twice.    Give me back my key card.   

Even key cards got de-magnetize.  Happened more often than I can count on my hands.  My fault...I know.  My medallion "failed" on the night before disembarkation on a back to back (day 24), at a most inopportune time.  

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, Wulfwyn said:

As too what excursions that were canceled.   First one was less than 2 months ago.  It was the one for Hubbard Glacier.  

We will be taking the excursion off the cruise ship to Hubbard Glacier in June.  Did the vendor cancel because of bad weather?  We have had this trip cancelled 2 times on past cruises --  thought we would try one more time this June.  Have heard nothing yet so assuming it is still a go for us.

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Even key cards got de-magnetize.  

That happened years ago in Alaska.   After our excursion, I t old Mike to go up to our cabin and I would take a picture of him on the balcony from the pier.   I think I gave up after 20 minutes.   His car key would not work and there was a line at customer service.    

I do not like using the medallion.   Most of my clothes do not have pockets and I do not carry a purse around the ship or my phone.    I can get up and go to the bar and get my own drink  - good to move around!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, compozer said:

That happened years ago in Alaska.   After our excursion, I t old Mike to go up to our cabin and I would take a picture of him on the balcony from the pier.   I think I gave up after 20 minutes.   His car key would not work and there was a line at customer service.    

I do not like using the medallion.   Most of my clothes do not have pockets and I do not carry a purse around the ship or my phone.    I can get up and go to the bar and get my own drink  - good to move around!!!

Just inquiring.  How did you carry your cruise card without pockets, etc?

I found this handy dandy clip for my medallion.  Works well, except to get on/off the ship since I have to actually have it in my hand (fears that it will fall through the netting under the gangway...haha).  It clips on to my waist band or any other parts of my clothes.

995383611_Clipmedallion.thumb.jpeg.e846696346ccaceae0961aa37305d5f2.jpeg

• Like 1

When we went to dinner, Mike would put it in his pocket.   I usually am wearing a swimming suit most of the time around the ship in warm weather locations so I would either stick it into the top of my swimsuit or stick it up under my swimsuit at the hip.   If no swimsuit, I would stick it into my bra.

First cruise with the medallion, I made Mike put it in his pocket.   The last cruise I had to take a small purse around with me for the medallion and my phone.    I did use the lanyard around my next in ports - stuck it under what ever I was wearing.   I do not like it on display - just like so many people carrying around their blue Princess bag - shouts tourist!!! 

Your clip is handy if your pants have belt loops.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ImperialLady said:

Were masks required or was it a personal choice.

For the train  is was required by Princess.   As for the cruise, personal choice.   We have notice about 65% of passengers are wearing mask on board.   

55 minutes ago, compozer said:

I do not like it on display - just like so many people carrying around their blue Princess bag - shouts tourist!!! 

I used to worry about that too, but now I've come to realize I am a tourist 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We will be taking the excursion off the cruise ship to Hubbard Glacier in June.  Did the vendor cancel because of bad weather?  We have had this trip cancelled 2 times on past cruises --  thought we would try one more time this June.  Have heard nothing yet so assuming it is still a go for us.

All we got was a email from Princess starting it was canceled  about 2 months ago due to vendor.   I think the vendor  maybe was not able to get access to location  until after our cruise 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, compozer said:

Your clip is handy if your pants have belt loops.

You do not need to have belt loops.  It will clip on to a pocket, waist band, bra strap, anywhere that is accessible.  It is always hidden under my shirt.  Also doubles as a mask holder when in the MDR.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You do not need to have belt loops.  It will clip on to a pocket, waist band, bra strap, anywhere that is accessible.  It is always hidden under my shirt.  Also doubles as a mask holder when in the MDR.  

Ok,  that is really cool.  I may need to get one of those.  Thanks for sharing

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Even key cards got de-magnetize.  Happened more often than I can count on my hands.  My fault...I know.  My medallion "failed" on the night before disembarkation on a back to back (day 24), at a most inopportune time.  

You’re right. I lost a hard contact down the bathroom sink drain the same evening on a cruise once. i gave up trying to get through to the Guest Services Desk and ending up going down, half blind, to stand in line.  At least the plumber came quickly. 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You’re right. I lost a hard contact down the bathroom sink drain the same evening on a cruise once. i gave up trying to get through to the Guest Services Desk and ending up going down, half blind, to stand in line.  At least the plumber came quickly. 😆

Were they able to retrieve your lost contact?  How safe was it to put back into your eye?  

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

Piano players is usually Kory Simon. One other in other location- Janusz Bator in Wheelhouse bar

If there are fans of live music onboard, please consider posting a review of the various acts.  We are sailing Royal later this year and would be interested to know the state of the bands, particularly Bator,  the Prestige Trio, and The Sound.  Are people being inspired enough to dance when they play? 

Thanks in advance.

How has the internet been? We plan on taking our going home Covid test in Victoria via the ships internet ( now that they won't pay for dockside testing) with eMed. Don't want to pay for an international phone plan for 1 day.

That is our plan also.  I purchased a good supply and will take four tests for each of us.  We need a test to get on the ship after our land portion - not sure if Princess will do them at their lodge.  I plan to test one day before for both ship and flight home.    We have AT&T and phone calls in Canada are free.   

I imagine Princess changed their policy so they are not responsible for the paying for the quarantine expenses.   I was in quarantine for 11 days and my resort bill was $3000.  Canada requires 14 days.  I signed up for the international phone plan and just needed to use it one day - $10 was reasonable.