Update on entry requirements to Italy

marazul

As of May 1 the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is no longer required for entry into Italy.

COVID tests or proof of vaccination for entry from other countries will be required until May 31.

The Green Pass is no longer required in restaurants (inside or outside), concerts, etc.

Masks are required in public transportation and health facilities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

@marazul - Thank you for keeping us updated.  

By "public transportation", does that include trains and airplanes?   I don't mind, but I want to bring enough KN95 masks to be prepared - I've got lots of train travel this july.

2 hours ago, marazul said:

I also would like to thank you for your updates and, in general, graciously answering so many questions. Two additional questions, pls.

We booked a transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia with 2 other couples from our roll call. We plan to wear masks during the journey.

Does a private transfer to port count as "public transportation"?

Would it be accepted if we'd ask the others, including the driver, to wear masks?

Grazie, 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marazul said:

As of May 1 the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is no longer required for entry into Italy.

COVID tests or proof of vaccination for entry from other countries will be required until May 31.

The Green Pass is no longer required in restaurants (inside or outside), concerts, etc.

Thank you for the update! Do you know if we need to wear the KN95 masks, or just a regular mask?

10 minutes ago, trotzoll said:

Thank you for the update! Do you know if we need to wear the KN95 masks, or just a regular mask?

The requirement to use FFp2 masks remains for:

• aircraft used for commercial passenger transport services
  • ships and ferries used for interregional transport services
  • trains used in interregional, Intercity, Intercity Night and High Speed passenger rail transport services
  • buses used for passenger transport services, with undifferentiated offer, carried out on the road in a continuous or periodic manner on a route connecting more than two regions and having routes, schedules, frequencies and prices predetermined
  • buses used for rental services with driver
  • vehicles used in local or regional public transport services
  • means of school transport dedicated to primary school, lower secondary school and secondary school students
  • performances open to the public that take place indoors in theatres, concert halls, film theatres, live music and entertainment venues and other assimilated venues, and sporting events and competitions that take place indoors.

And from "Dr. Google" 😁

FFP2 and N95 masks are quite similar in regards to filtration effectiveness. The key difference is FFP2 follows the European EN 149 standard, while N95 follows the American NIOSH standard. FFP2 must filter at least 94% of airborne particles, while N95 must filter at least 95%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

@marazul - Thank you for keeping us updated.  

By "public transportation", does that include trains and airplanes?   I don't mind, but I want to bring enough KN95 masks to be prepared - I've got lots of train travel this july.

The article wasn't clear, but I suspect so.  This could change by July again.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I also would like to thank you for your updates and, in general, graciously answering so many questions. Two additional questions, pls.

We booked a transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia with 2 other couples from our roll call. We plan to wear masks during the journey.

Does a private transfer to port count as "public transportation"?

Would it be accepted if we'd ask the others, including the driver, to wear masks?

Grazie, 

I would call it public transportation, but I don't know what the rules are for that.  I would wear a mask myself and ask others to do so.  You might want to ask them in advance.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

• trains used in interregional, Intercity, Intercity Night and High Speed passenger rail transport services
  • buses used for passenger transport services, with undifferentiated offer, carried out on the road in a continuous or periodic manner on a route connecting more than two regions and having routes, schedules, frequencies and prices predetermined
  • means of school transport dedicated to primary school, lower secondary school and secondary school students
  • performances open to the public that take place indoors in theatres, concert halls, film theatres, live music and entertainment venues and other assimilated venues, and sporting events and competitions that take place indoors.

And from "Dr. Google" 😁

FFP2 and N95 masks are quite similar in regards to filtration effectiveness. The key difference is FFP2 follows the European EN 149 standard, while N95 follows the American NIOSH standard. FFP2 must filter at least 94% of airborne particles, while N95 must filter at least 95%.

Thanks for the additional research.  It answers many questions. 

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

And from "Dr. Google" 😁

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your help.

We are traveling from the US.  Do we just need our vaccination card to enter Italy. ( we arrive May 30th)

We will have test results for the cruise.  I was reading something about a green pass? 

28 minutes ago, 5onadime said:

We are traveling from the US.  Do we just need our vaccination card to enter Italy. ( we arrive May 30th)

We will have test results for the cruise.  I was reading something about a green pass? 

As stated in the first post, the green pass is no longer required. 🙂

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

As stated in the first post, the green pass is no longer required. 🙂

whoops... missed that.  Thank You!!  I see that the passenger locator form is no longer needed..any update on the "self declaration for entry"  form?

So my Q's are this - 

Says no need for Green Cert, BUT traveller will be required...?? or Equivalent Cert - which doesnt give any example what that is? and when opened its a pdf and in Italian and no direction of what else can be accepted???

Or is the Certificate from our Country or others, (we are Canadians) good enough to show, including in this we have Letter of Recvy, 

then i read at the end need a sworn Translation???  

any one help with these? really need a sworn translation, says Green Cert if in English is ok, but anything else needs translation? So how how difficult is it to get a grn cert?

Fulfilments for entry to Italy

The rules for entry into Italy have been updated and simplified. The Minister of Health, Roberto Speranza, has signed a new order extending the provisions for arrivals from foreign countries to 31 May. The only change concerns the Passenger Locator Form, which from 1 May will no longer be necessary.

From 1 May, regardless of the country of entry into Italy, the traveller will be required to present to the carrier and to whoever is in charge of checking:

the COVID-19 Green Certificate or other equivalent certificate which must state one of the following conditions:

completion of the primary vaccination series or booster dose according to the vaccination plans of the countries of release with vaccines authorized by the European Medical Agency (primary series validity 9 months and booster dose without predefined limit) 

recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection (valid for 180 days from positive swab test)

recovery after the administration of the first dose of vaccine or at the end of the primary vaccination series or following the administration of the relevant booster dose

rapid antigen or molecular swab test, respectively within 48 or 72 hours before entry into Italy.

Covid-19 green certificates of successful vaccination are accepted in one of the following languages: Italian, English, French, Spanish or German. If submitted in another language, they must be accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian. Foreign certifications of recovery must be accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian. See: circular letter July 30, 2021 and  circular letter September 23,2021.

1 hour ago, Welly9 said:

Covid-19 green certificates of successful vaccination are accepted in one of the following languages: Italian, English, French, Spanish or German. If submitted in another language, they must be accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian. 

They will accept your Canadian proof of vaccination.  They also accept the CDC vax card.  You can turn both of these into QR Codes.  See the COVID Testing Q&A sticky on this board.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:25 AM, little britain said:

Do you have to wear masks to go into shops / restaurants still in Italy please? 

On 5/3/2022 at 9:22 AM, marazul said:

No.

Although masking is not now required by the government rules, as of last Friday (May 6) a number of shops and restaurants in Rome were requiring masks for entry. We masked voluntarily just to decrease or odds of testing positive before our flight back home. 

• Like 1

Another question: If I'm boarding a ship in Greece and disembarking in Italy, then flying to the U.S. via France, are there currently any forms for Italy that I need to fill out to get from the ship to the airport and onto a plane out of the country? I will have taken my Covid test the day before to fly home.

3 hours ago, Levi is good said:

So if I am understanding correctly, vaccinations are no longer required to enter Italy if one has a negative covid test within the aforementioned timeframe?

Yes, as of May 1. This is the exact wording:

• Beginning on May 1 and valid until June 15, 2022, travelers from the United States may enter Italy if they are asymptomatic AND present one of the following:
      • An Anti-COVID 19 vaccination certificate for an European Medicines Agency (EMA)-recognized vaccine.  At present, EMA recognizes the following vaccines: Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, AstraZeneca and Novavax. The date of the last dose of the primary vaccination series must be at least 14 days prior to travel and no more than 270 days before arrival unless a booster shot was administered. Travelers vaccinated in the United States can prove this via the “white card” bearing the CDC logo.
      • A medical certificate confirming recovery from COVID valid for six months form recovery.
      • A negative molecular PCR test result carried out within 72 hours of arrival or a rapid antigen test result carried out within 48 hours of arrival
  • Like 3

On 5/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, as of May 1. This is the exact wording:

• Beginning on May 1 and valid until June 15, 2022, travelers from the United States may enter Italy if they are asymptomatic AND present one of the following:
      • An Anti-COVID 19 vaccination certificate for an European Medicines Agency (EMA)-recognized vaccine.  At present, EMA recognizes the following vaccines: Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, AstraZeneca and Novavax. The date of the last dose of the primary vaccination series must be at least 14 days prior to travel and no more than 270 days before arrival unless a booster shot was administered. Travelers vaccinated in the United States can prove this via the “white card” bearing the CDC logo.
      • A medical certificate confirming recovery from COVID valid for six months form recovery.
      • A negative molecular PCR test result carried out within 72 hours of arrival or a rapid antigen test result carried out within 48 hours of arrival

Thanks for the detail!   Just my luck, our cruise straddles those dates... leaving Rome/Civi June 10, ports in Greece, then back to Civi June 20.  Bet my lunch that the requirements will change sometime in the middle.  Smile!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:45 PM, trotzoll said:

Would KN95 masks be acceptable or would they have to be N95. I assumed they had to be N95 and not KN95.