Positive Passengers removed to Darwin Hotel from Coral Geographer after Kimberley cruise

I'm surprised so many passengers become positive after leaving Broome on a Coral Geographer Kimberley cruise to Darwin.  This is a new small ship.  

Are Authorities going to tell people in Darwin which hotels positive passengers/crew have been transferred to?  And what precautions have been taken by the hotels to protect members of the public? 

I recently cruised on Coral Geographer from Cairns to Darwin.  Their sail safe plan included PCR 72 hours prior to cruise, RAT on day of departure and daily morning temperature checks by a nurse.  There were no positive cases on my cruise.  

• Like 1

It seems like each time I hear of a new sub-varient it is 25% more infectious than the last.

It doesn't surprise me that they our now getting cases on the small Coral ships even though they have very good covid measures on board.

Did you have to wear masks indoors in public areas on the ship on your cruise?

10 minutes ago, sewgood said:

It seems like each time I hear of a new sub-varient it is 25% more infectious than the last.

It doesn't surprise me that they our now getting cases on the small Coral ships even though they have very good covid measures on board.

Did you have to wear masks indoors in public areas on the ship on your cruise?

No.  Only 27 passengers so lots of fresh air and no crowding.  In addition, the biggest place we visited was Cooktown.  

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

No.  Only 27 passengers so lots of fresh air and no crowding.  In addition, the biggest place we visited was Cooktown.  

Wow, sounds great with only 27 passengers. No lining up for anything.

Though a bit hard forming trivia teams.😁 (just kidding)

22 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Wow, sounds great with only 27 passengers. No lining up for anything.

Though a bit hard forming trivia teams.😁 (just kidding)

We have one trivia event, with three or four teams.  Lots of fun.  We had another event where you had to answer questions in relation to the impressive aboriginal art spread throughout the ship.  

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

How much a night for 1 solo pax then?

Bit like childbirth, once you've had the baby you forget, or you'd never have another child!

I'm sorry I can't remember, but I must have the cost somewhere.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Things are shaping up for the most positive P&O cruise season ever

We're on the first 10 day one out of Sydney, I'm sure it will be very positive!

I suspect that there will be less covid controls on the Explorer than on the Coral Geographer.

We'll be taking lots of P2 masks with us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sewgood said:

We're on the first 10 day one out of Sydney, I'm sure it will be very positive!

I suspect that there will be less covid controls on the Explorer than on the Coral Geographer.

We'll be taking lots of P2 masks with us.

Forgot to mention Coral Geographer had hand sanitiser at entrance to restaurant and lounge.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

How much a night for 1 solo pax then?

Found it!  $719 per night, including all activities and cruises on Explorer (two trips per day), as well as alcohol with meals.  This was a repositioning cruise due to WA having closed borders to passengers from the East.  The main attraction was snorkelling.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Found it!  $719 per night, including all activities and cruises on Explorer (two trips per day), as well as alcohol with meals.  This was a repositioning cruise due to WA having closed borders to passengers from the East.  The main attraction was snorkelling.  

Great value, especially given it was full of negatives

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Things are shaping up for the most positive P&O cruise season ever

You are oozing with confidence Geoff.  Oh, I see, you mean positive tests? lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

You are oozing with confidence Geoff.  Oh, I see, you mean positive tests? lol.

Depends how you look at the reduced capacity restarts - is the ship half full, or is the ship half empty?

4 hours ago, vegemeter said:

Good to know the protocols are working seamlessly

Strange considering numbers are coming down

Untitled.png

Not by much and it is believed that reported cases only account for 50% or less of actual cases in the community for various reasons including:

- people who are asymptomatic but still infectious

- those who think they've just got a cold/flu 

- those who don't report testing positive as they don't want to have to isolate.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not by much and it is believed that reported cases only account for 50% or less of actual cases in the community for various reasons including:

- people who are asymptomatic but still infectious

- those who think they've just got a cold/flu 

- those who don't report testing positive as they don't want to have to isolate.

Agreed. My son and his family fall into the first group (had symptoms but tested negative) and my brother's neighbours, in the last group. ☹️ Health authorities believe this has been the case all along.