Skytrain YVR to Canada Place

gubby

We used the Skytrain last time we were in Vancouver and liked the price and convenience. We would like to use it when we fly in next week. What line and what stop would we use for the Blue Horizon Hotel at 1225 Robson St. I also think we can walk to Canada Place from the hotel. We are very light travellers. As we fly in at 9 PM, would a taxi from the airport to the hotel be a better choice. Approximate fare? Do they accept credit cards or should we have cash. 

11 minutes ago, gubby said:

We used the Skytrain last time we were in Vancouver and liked the price and convenience. We would like to use it when we fly in next week. What line and what stop would we use for the Blue Horizon Hotel at 1225 Robson St. I also think we can walk to Canada Place from the hotel. We are very light travellers. As we fly in at 9 PM, would a taxi from the airport to the hotel be a better choice. Approximate fare? Do they accept credit cards or should we have cash. 

I can't remember the stop but there is one not far from there.  I stayed at that hotel when I was in Vancouver. And yes, you can walk to Canada Place from there. 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Closest stop is the Vancouver City Centre. about a 12 minute walk:

2062527383_ScreenShot2022-05-04at1_21_08PM.thumb.png.6660e59498330119f56bd7e2c4f7653b.png

The walk to Canada Place is just 3 minutes minutes longer:

841189632_ScreenShot2022-05-04at1_16_23PM.thumb.png.88fe5b07440161c5abfdaecf29178f50.png

@Fouremco, you really should start charging $ for your services around here. 😉

• Haha 3

We flew into YVR yesterday and are staying at the Blue Horizon. Cab fare was fixed rate at $34 + tip. We walked to Canada Place today to see Zuiderdam and Discovery Princess in port. We are in our 60’s and wouldn’t consider walking from the Blue Horizon to Canada Place. It’s a bit of a hike with luggage for 17 days away.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the helpful answers. This is such a great place to find info. When I was researching hotels, the Blue Horizon seemed like a good choice. Now that I see two others on this thread also picked it, I feel even more confident in my choice. Thanks for the map , Fouremco. We can pick up our two bottles of wine before heading to the ship next week. I agree with Dirty Dawg. You are a fountain of information and your advice and answers are spot on.

We will each have one carry on as we have learned the advantages of travelling light. We also walk at least 8k steps most days, so the walk will do us good- if it is a nice day. I think a cab will be the better choice from YVR due to the time we arrive. Not looking forward to the circus at Pearson.

Only 1 week left before we cruise again. Getting excited- just need that negative test on Monday.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

The local news this week is all about added delays at YYZ.

Not just in Toronto. Lots of coverage here in Ottawa too. No apparent solutions in the short term, it would appear.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, broberts said:

The local news this week is all about added delays at YYZ.

10 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Not just in Toronto. Lots of coverage here in Ottawa too. No apparent solutions in the short term, it would appear.

And at YVR for those flying out after their cruise. 

Oh well, I guess that's why they have so many bars after you get through security. 🥂

@gubby have a great cruise! 

Edited by DirtyDawg

We do fly from YVR after cruise, but our flight is not til  4pm and only to Edmonton, so we won' have to face both circuses on the same day. Of course, this could change by early June when we return to Ontario. Remember when travel was all fun and anticipation? Perhaps we will get back to those times again. Here's hoping.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gubby said:

Thanks for all the helpful answers. This is such a great place to find info. When I was researching hotels, the Blue Horizon seemed like a good choice. Now that I see two others on this thread also picked it, I feel even more confident in my choice. Thanks for the map , Fouremco. We can pick up our two bottles of wine before heading to the ship next week. I agree with Dirty Dawg. You are a fountain of information and your advice and answers are spot on.

We will each have one carry on as we have learned the advantages of travelling light. We also walk at least 8k steps most days, so the walk will do us good- if it is a nice day. I think a cab will be the better choice from YVR due to the time we arrive. Not looking forward to the circus at Pearson.

Only 1 week left before we cruise again. Getting excited- just need that negative test on Monday.

I actually didn't pick it for a cruise.  I was on a course that was being held there on the top floor with a 360 view of Vancouver, it was amazing.  And a little distracting.  Haha. 
I spent almost a week there and was happy with the hotel. 
I did walk to Canada Place on my own though. 

If you get a chance, check out the Gastown District. 

2 hours ago, gubby said:

We do fly from YVR after cruise, but our flight is not til  4pm and only to Edmonton, so we won' have to face both circuses on the same day. Of course, this could change by early June when we return to Ontario. Remember when travel was all fun and anticipation? Perhaps we will get back to those times again. Here's hoping.

I don't think you will have too much of an issue if you arrive in Toronto on a domestic flight, unless you have luggage to collect which has ALWAYS been an issue in Toronto.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:07 AM, gubby said:

Have a wonderful cruise, Gubby! We don’t sail until September so hopefully all the airport issues are resolved by then 🤞
Cathy (fellow Kingstonian) 👋 

Thanks for the good wishes, Cathy. After so long away from cruising, it sure will be great to get on board again. Tomorrow, we will head to the returning office to vote, as we miss both election day, advance polls and didn't have enough time to do mail in. We are praying for a negative antigen test on Monday. Then we are ready to go. I need to stop  worrying about Pearson. Q''EST SERA, SERA.

• Like 3