Diamond Lounge question

1 minute ago, ymncruise said:

The welcome letter says not to take items from the lounge. I always take my coffee down to the Viking lounge and the concierge opens the door for me. I don’t think they care if you’re taking a little for yourself. 

They have to-go cups for coffee. nothing wrong with taking coffee outside. We never had a problem taking the last free drink we had ordered out with us upon leaving either (pre-vouchers).

My morning routine is to fill a travel mug with a couple cappuccinos (using the paper to-go cups to pour of course) and be on my way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

The only thing I have seen in the Diamond Lounge that 'special' is a lovely 3-fruit danish for breakfast - kiwi slice, a grape and a strawberry half on cream.  Yum.  The happy hour offerings were all meh, and lukewarm.  🙂

My favorite. Not to be found anywhere on Harmony in the past few cruises . I looked everywhere. 
m

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

They have to-go cups for coffee. nothing wrong with taking coffee outside. We never had a problem taking the last free drink we had ordered out with us upon leaving either (pre-vouchers).

My morning routine is to fill a travel mug with a couple cappuccinos (using the paper to-go cups to pour of course) and be on my way.

That is what we do.  Always travel with our coffee mugs.  No spilling, keeps warm, and easier to bring back to the cabin.  And of course doing the same as you...fill the paper cup, then pour in to mug. 

Had to stop one crew member on EX that was trying to "help" while he was setting up in the CL.  He grabbed my mug to fill it for me, but I told him about the paper cup transfer.  His answer..."Oh it's Ok, doesn't matter".  Ughh...

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Had to stop one crew member on EX that was trying to "help" while he was setting up in the CL.  He grabbed my mug to fill it for me, but I told him about the paper cup transfer.  His answer..."Oh it's Ok, doesn't matter".  Ughh...

Wish the crew members would just leave the machine alone as long as it's on 24/7. We can refill the beans. 😁

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wish the crew members would just leave the machine alone as long as it's on 24/7. We can refill the beans. 😁

It's not on 24/7, needs milk also

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We all know the concierge in the DL usually give us some leeway. We also all know who is going to pay the price when it is seen that some are abusing the system.

Just a bit over dramatic in my humble opinion.

Curious, have you ever been in the lounge at closing? Everything gets tossed in the bin. Even the stuff that's in the cabinets below.

Those treats are made in advance and all eventually get pitched from what I've seen

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not on 24/7, needs milk also

That was part of my wish part... and I can add the milk too if they leave the fridge unlocked. 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've seen guests take the whole tray of those before. Laura was livid 

Funny (well, maybe not so funny) Sallie & I went to the midnight buffet (before they were eliminated) specifically so she could get some chocolate covered strawberries. A little kid about 10 or 12 (who shouldn't be up at midnight anyway) right in front of Sallie unloaded the entire plate of about 15 that were left of them onto his plate. Sallie was livid.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Funny (well, maybe not so funny) Sallie & I went to the midnight buffet (before they were eliminated) specifically so she could get some chocolate covered strawberries. A little kid about 10 or 12 (who shouldn't be up at midnight anyway) right in front of Sallie unloaded the entire plate of about 15 that were left of them onto his plate. Sallie was livid.

We had something similar on Monarch when buffet was on pool deck during a late departure from Nassau. By the time we got there, they were all gone. An officer noticed her dissapointment and he had a plate delivered to our MDR table the next night

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had something similar on Monarch when buffet was on pool deck during a late departure from Nassau. By the time we got there, they were all gone. An officer noticed her dissapointment and he had a plate delivered to our MDR table the next night

There was something about chicken wings I remember as well.  😉 

• Like 1

I find it interesting that some think my wanting to take four chocolate covered strawberries will ruin the DL for everyone!  It's not like I'm cleaning the place out.  Also, my four daily drink vouchers will be used for four bottles of water.  So basically I'm handing back potentially $40 per day.  I think RC can afford to give me the strawberries 🙄

• Like 1

Oh my gosh.....being Diamond is a earned honor.....and taking a snack out of the lounge while your party is waiting by the door, for the snacks, is next to hilarious, considering the amount of food you can get all over the ship in a normal way.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Big_G said:

You know things are getting back to normal when we're pontificating on sharing chocolate covered strawberries from the DL with low tier plebs. 

There was no chocolate covered strawberries on EX last month...either leg.  No strawberries on the ship at all, and in fact fresh fruit of any kind was running out mid week for both legs!  

Did not check out the DL or CL snacks.   Saving my calories for cocktails.  😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just a bit over dramatic in my humble opinion.

Curious, have you ever been in the lounge at closing? Everything gets tossed in the bin. Even the stuff that's in the cabinets below.

Those treats are made in advance and all eventually get pitched from what I've seen

I have better things to do than watch the DL close down. Just like I don't scout out guest services snooping into what people are doing there.

Personally, I don't care who does what as far as taking stuff out of the DL. However, if other people's actions and rule flaunting cause reprocussions that have a negative impact on me I will start to care. And that applies to everything on the ship not just the DL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have better things to do than watch the DL close down. Just like I don't scout out guest services snooping into what people are doing there.

Personally, I don't care who does what as far as taking stuff out of the DL. However, if other people's actions an rule flaunting cause reprocussions that have a negative impact on me I will start to care. And that applies to everything on the ship not just the DL.

Totally agree.   What's with the food thing anyway?  It's not like you are going to starve on a ship.  Food is all around us...everywhere...IMHO....probably too much of it!  😮 

And actually I don't think the DL concierge really minds if you take a drink out of there.  For example on EX....the drinks were made at the VCL bar outside the door, then brought in by runners (waiters).   Same drinks can be had with the same vouchers out there.  And is where we parked ourselves.  😉 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Personally, I don't care who does what as far as taking stuff out of the DL. However, if other people's actions and rule flaunting cause reprocussions that have a negative impact on me I will start to care. And that applies to everything on the ship not just the DL.

I stop by DL for a cappuccino to take to the ice show. Always seems to hit when they're shutting down. Not like I hang out there. 😇

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I remember someone sending Laura a plate of them awhile back.   I am guessing that made her day.  🙂 

It was two trays. Overwhelmed her. 

Keep in mind, the kitchen that makes snacks does everything in bulk. 😉

• Like 1