Diamond Lounge question

My upcoming cruise will be my first as diamond.  None of the people I'm travelling with are diamond.  In fact, two of the four of us have never cruised before.  So my question is - can I fill a plate of snacks for all of us in the diamond lounge and then leave with the plate?  From the pictures I'm seeing, the snacks look unique to DL.  Clearly I could be wrong about that part.  TIA!

6 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

My upcoming cruise will be my first as diamond.  None of the people I'm travelling with are diamond.  In fact, two of the four of us have never cruised before.  So my question is - can I fill a plate of snacks for all of us in the diamond lounge and then leave with the plate?  From the pictures I'm seeing, the snacks look unique to DL.  Clearly I could be wrong about that part.  TIA!

Probably, but they are hit or miss on quality.

And please don't overload

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The quick answer is "No".  The Diamond Lounge Concierge sits by the door and may stop & question you why you're taking a large plate of food out of the club.  These snacks are not worth this kind of effort in my opinion.  Besides, with the 4 drink voucher you'll receive, why even go there to begin with if your friends can't enter.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

I was thinking 4 chocolate covered strawberries 😁

On our recent B2B Explorer cruise, they ran out of chocolate covered strawberries. While they lasted, my wife said they were good.  🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

On our recent B2B Explorer cruise, they ran out of chocolate covered strawberries. While they lasted, my wife said they were good.  🤣

I sincerely hope our wives never meet in a DL. She basically went there for the choc covered strawberries while I was getting my free drinks and random snacks (pre-vouchers).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

DL, less people and yummy snacks. 

Not so sure about less people anymore, Dave - LOL.  Our last three cruises the DC has been very crowded. On Allure in December, as example, to the extent that after the first night we never went back.  And on our Ovation Hawaii-Vancouver in 2019 there were over 600 D's and up and they opened the Music Hall for the DC instead!  (Which was actually quite fun!)  But now with the coupons every venue can be the DC - less the snacks.

But agree with the yummy snacks!  😉

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Every time I go to the DL during Happy Hour, it is packed with no seats available. I will grab a couple snacks and bring them out others in my party (some Diamond, some not) to nibble on while we sip a cocktail. I have never been stopped or questioned by the Concierge on my way out. As others have said, the plates are small so there is not a lot of room for lots of food.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Slippery slope... What's next?  Take out a couple of drinks for folks who have never sailed on RCCL?

No need, all drinks require vouchers 

Or are you referring to coffee?

Probably half of those are to go

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

I've seen guests take the whole tray of those before. Laura was livid 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

This question seems sort of like 'can I go by myself to an all-you-can-eat buffet and fill a plastic lined purse with enough food to have a party with my friends later?'  

OMG...perfect!  😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

And we just outside being peons at the VCL while you were enjoying those snacks.  Oh no...we forgot to eat!!  😮  😉    

The only thing I have seen in the Diamond Lounge that 'special' is a lovely 3-fruit danish for breakfast - kiwi slice, a grape and a strawberry half on cream.  Yum.  The happy hour offerings were all meh, and lukewarm.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The welcome letter says not to take items from the lounge. I always take my coffee down to the Viking lounge and the concierge opens the door for me. I don’t think they care if you’re taking a little for yourself. 

• Thanks 1