Diamond Lounge question

1 hour ago, BND said:

First thing I thought when I read this question was "pot stirrer".  

Seriously?  I thought I was asking an innocent question.  Never in my life did I imagine the responses I received.

3 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

Seriously?  I thought I was asking an innocent question.  Never in my life did I imagine the responses I received.

Don't take everything so seriously.   All it takes is reading a few threads to get what I mean.

Edited by BND

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We had something similar on Monarch when buffet was on pool deck during a late departure from Nassau. By the time we got there, they were all gone. An officer noticed her dissapointment and he had a plate delivered to our MDR table the next night

Very nice.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PokrChick said:

I find it interesting that some think my wanting to take four chocolate covered strawberries will ruin the DL for everyone!  It's not like I'm cleaning the place out.  Also, my four daily drink vouchers will be used for four bottles of water.  So basically I'm handing back potentially $40 per day.  I think RC can afford to give me the strawberries 🙄

Well, your first post indicated you wanted to fill a plate up to share. Now it's just 4 strawberries. 

RC may be able to afford over 4 strawberries for you. But what about the other 3000 guests. Don't they deserve the same 4 strawberries?

15 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Next to the packets of ketchup ?

I was going to mention that....but not sure Mike would understand.  😉  Indeed that was a hilarious thread.   I always think of that when I find the bananas in the WJ.  😄 😄 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was going to mention that....but not sure Mike would understand.  😉  Indeed that was a hilarious thread.   I always think of that when I find the bananas in the WJ.  😄 😄 

Nope, over my head, but that's OK. Since we only cruise in the summer and rarely book far ahead, I'm usually only around the CC forums in the spring/summer then I disappear while those more fortunate spend all year round cruising. I'm not jealous, really. 😢

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is the big deal with chocolate covered strawberries? I much prefer them without the chocolate.

On the rare occasion they show up in our cabin as C&A/Chef's choice etc. ....I peel off the Chocolate and just eat the strawberry.  😄 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Nope, over my head, but that's OK. Since we only cruise in the summer and rarely book far ahead, I'm usually only around the CC forums in the spring/summer then I disappear while those more fortunate spend all year round cruising. I'm not jealous, really. 😢

Sorry Mike...hope you took that in the light hearted way I meant.  🙂 

Some years ago there was a funny thread with someone ranting and raving about the bananas being stored next to the Ketchup in the WJ.   Naturally that went viral...and many had a fun time with the thread.  

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is the big deal with chocolate covered strawberries? I much prefer them without the chocolate.

That's an odd comment from you.🤔

Have you had your coffee yet?

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sorry Mike...hope you took that in the light hearted way I meant.  🙂

Of course! Sorry I missed the fun. I am picturing the condiment container and fruit though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Guess they should have paced themselves

It used to be quite comical on Grandeur.  Literally, people would be there at the DL when the appetizers came out and pile the strawberries on their plate.  I was only able to get one occasionally.   When we started going to the CL that never happened.  It was truly weird.     GR is the only ship I've ever seen that happen on.  What is in someone's brain that makes them take all them  and think that's perfectly ok?  I guess some of us were taught to take one or two of something and go back later after everyone has had a chance.   It's like they haven't eaten in an hour or so lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

On the rare occasion they show up in our cabin as C&A/Chef's choice etc. ....I peel off the Chocolate and just eat the strawberry.  😄 

They usually deliver them in the middle of the day when we're not in our cabin.  When we come back to get ready for the evening, the plate has been sitting there for a couple of hours.  The acid in the strawberry starts melting the chocolate and is truly disgusting.  Last cruise on EN, I didn't even touch them.  We only got them on one leg of our b2b also so it's very random.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

It used to be quite comical on Grandeur.  Literally, people would be there at the DL when the appetizers came out and pile the strawberries on their plate.  I was only able to get one occasionally.   When we started going to the CL that never happened.  It was truly weird.     GR is the only ship I've ever seen that happen on.  What is in someone's brain that makes them take all them  and think that's perfectly ok?  I guess some of us were taught to take one or two of something and go back later after everyone has had a chance.   It's like they haven't eaten in an hour or so lol.

LOL...I feel that way when I would see pax pile their plates mile high in the WJ.   It's like they think they need to  "eat their money's worth".   😮 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...I feel that way when I would see pax pile their plates mile high in the WJ.   It's like they think they need to  "eat their money's worth".   😮 😛

Sending you and Bucky our very best wishes for the most amazing cruise tomorrow on Mariner.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 1