Is Escargot Escargone??

Jordanyaya1

15 hours ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

Please say it isn’t so. Have read that Celebrity no longer serves escargot. One of my favorites and was looking forward to it on June 7th Apex sailing out of Amsterdam. Maybe their European suppliers will have it. 

April on Apex it was available. 

Although I order and enjoy escargot, does anyone really crave the escargot itself?  If the chef prepared some seasoned garlic butter along with some crusty bread or toasts I'd be a very happy camper.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Although I order and enjoy escargot, does anyone really crave the escargot itself?  If the chef prepared some seasoned garlic butter along with some crusty bread or toasts I'd be a very happy camper.  

love it, no matter how its prepared

4 hours ago, -Lew- said:

When there really was an escargot shortage they were preparing mushrooms just like escargot and they were delicious.

Laura

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

When there really was an escargot shortage they were preparing mushrooms just like escargot and they were delicious.

Laura

The first time I ever had escargot it had a mushroom cap on top.  I ate the cap, could not believe how delicious it was, then my table mates pointed out the slug was still in there.  Stabbed it, looked at it, and finally ate it.  Been hooked ever since.

“Celebrity” pretty much means escargot and creme brûlée to me. I order them every night…I remember the escargot shortage a few years back, those mushrooms WERE pretty good….but anything swimming in garlic butter is usually pretty good! Haha! 👏🏻

17 minutes ago, durberville said:

“Celebrity” pretty much means escargot and creme brûlée to me. I order them every night…I remember the escargot shortage a few years back, those mushrooms WERE pretty good….but anything swimming in garlic butter is usually pretty good! Haha! 👏🏻

Our first cruise was during that shortage. I was so excited to see that I could have escargot every night! Until I got to the dining room and got the bad news.

Laura

Sailed Constellation in March, escargot and crème brûlée on menu and available.  On Apex April 23 - first night escargot on menu but not available, second night not showing up on menu.  Our waiter said it was a supply issue.  Last night of cruise I noticed crème brûlée not on classic menu - asked our waiter as a matter of curiosity if this was an oversight - he said they had discontinued crème brûlée as a classic dessert about six months ago.  Thought that was strange because it was still listed on Constellation’s menu the month before.  Btw, our waiter brought a crème brûlée after he said they weren’t doing them!  I assumed they might be serving them in one of the specialty restaurants and no longer in the main dining room.  Just thought it was odd.

1 hour ago, CTSandy said:

Sailed Constellation in March, escargot and crème brûlée on menu and available.  On Apex April 23 - first night escargot on menu but not available, second night not showing up on menu.  Our waiter said it was a supply issue.  Last night of cruise I noticed crème brûlée not on classic menu - asked our waiter as a matter of curiosity if this was an oversight - he said they had discontinued crème brûlée as a classic dessert about six months ago.  Thought that was strange because it was still listed on Constellation’s menu the month before.  Btw, our waiter brought a crème brûlée after he said they weren’t doing them!  I assumed they might be serving them in one of the specialty restaurants and no longer in the main dining room.  Just thought it was odd.

😳😳😳…omg, tell me it’s not sooo! I would miss the escargot but I will be devastated to not have the crème brûlée! I never even look at the dessert menu…always crème brûlé for me (becomes a bit of a giggle with our waiters). Sailing on the Summit in a few weeks, hope it’s on the menu. 😕🤞🏻