Is Escargot Escargone??

Jordanyaya1

Please say it isn’t so. Have read that Celebrity no longer serves escargot. One of my favorites and was looking forward to it on June 7th Apex sailing out of Amsterdam. Maybe their European suppliers will have it. 

16 minutes ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

Please say it isn’t so. Have read that Celebrity no longer serves escargot. One of my favorites and was looking forward to it on June 7th Apex sailing out of Amsterdam. Maybe their European suppliers will have it. 

Read where?  I’ve been on two Celebrity cruises the restart, both had escargot. 

7 minutes ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

The lack of escargot was posted on FB by someone who just got off Apex. 

Good reason to come to cruise critic for your important information!😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

I hear the Eclipse is serving sauteed acorn barnacles when the escargot supply runs low.  Evidently they have a good number of them available! 😜

Believe it or not, barnacles are edible and delicious! That's right, these creatures, commonly considered to be pests of the sea, can be harvested and prepared like any other seafood (provided they're the right kind, of course).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salt Lifer said:

There was no escargot on the April 23rd Apex sailing. I was told it was a supplier issue.  

Where was the sailing?  We had them on the Edge April 17th.  However, they were small.  Maybe it's where the ship is supplied.

15 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Where was the sailing?  We had them on the Edge April 17th.  However, they were small.  Maybe it's where the ship is supplied.

R/T, 7-days, from PEV. 

I was on the Reflection two weeks earlier, again, R/T from PEV, and they had it on the menu every night.  I believe it was a supplier issue --- either completely out or somebody forgot to put it on the truck.

Edited by Mike07

1 hour ago, kenb said:

Believe it or not, barnacles are edible and delicious! That's right, these creatures, commonly considered to be pests of the sea, can be harvested and prepared like any other seafood (provided they're the right kind, of course).

To be fair, the most common ones (acorn barnacles) that are likely polluting the Eclipse's hull aren't.  They don't have much meat and tend to pick up a lot of toxins.  There are some yummy ones, though.

42 minutes ago, Vlgg731 said:

Still on the menu for our Alaska trip in July.  I just checked the app.

On the menu does not mean they will have it if there is a supplier issue.  Granted, Port Everglades is from from Port of Seattle or Vancouver, or wherever Celebrity is embarking from.

How could there be a shortage of Escargot?!? I mean the things slug along (yeah, slipped That Word in) and are all over where you don’t want the things. But I guess if cornered, it can be a bit dicey bringing one down!

den

Edited by Denny01