Move up to sky suite question.

SandyR5

Hi - I was ready to place my bid for a move up to an sky suite, but it says “your amenities will remain the same”. If we move up to a sky suite don’t we get all The Retreat amenities?  Also, aren’t the gratuities, which are obviously higher, all included since gratuities are included in our original sunset veranda booking. Hope to get your answer asap so I can put the bid in. Thanks. 

The amenities you have with your current stateroom will automatically transfer to the Sky Suite if you’re successful bidding. 

You will also have access to the Retreat Lounge and outdoor deck, and Luminae as these are the components of sailing in any suite. 

Assuming you have prepaid gratuities with your current booking (?), you will be charged the daily DIFFERENCES in gratuities between the category you’re in now vs. the daily suite gratuity rate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, SandyR5 said:

Hi - I was ready to place my bid for a move up to an sky suite, but it says “your amenities will remain the same”. If we move up to a sky suite don’t we get all The Retreat amenities?  Also, aren’t the gratuities, which are obviously higher, all included since gratuities are included in our original sunset veranda booking. Hope to get your answer asap so I can put the bid in. Thanks. 

You get what you have, unless you upgrade those.  Just know this and do not have it stop you from bidding if you really want to try a SS.  Most likely you are paying much less than many others in the same category.  Your choice!

Edited by Lastdance

@BEAV Is correct.  You get whatever bev package/wifi/grats (perks) you had with your original reservation.   You will have Retreat lounge Luminae and sundeck if available.  The difference in gratuities should be charged to your seapass account but often have not been.

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

Assuming you have prepaid gratuities with your current booking (?), you will be charged the daily DIFFERENCES in gratuities between the category you’re in now vs. the daily suite gratuity rate. 

They say that, but we just finished a 15 day cruise where we moved up from Aqua Class to a Sky suite and never got charged the $3/pppd.  Maybe we were just lucky.

Edited by Mark_K

40 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

They say that, but we just finished a 15 day cruise where we moved up from Aqua Class to a Sky suite and never got charged the $3/pppd.  Maybe we were just lucky.

Exactly. Be prepared to pay additional grats IF it happens. 👍

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 7:43 PM, Mark_K said:

If you don't mind me asking, as part of your successful upgrade from Aqua Class, did you retain access to the thermal suite as part of retaining your original promotions, or do you lose that as part of the upgrade? Many thanks!

You will get the amenities  that come with the cabin and the perks that you originally booked.

Sky Suites do not come with all of the perks unless you pay extra.  Perks are Premium drink pack, SBC, gratuities and internet. 

You will get to dine in Luminae, use the Retreat Lounge and Retreat deck.  The drinks in the Retreat Lounge are a amenity.   I don’t think you get  drinks on the Retreat deck unless you have a package.  I was sitting at the bar in the Retreat deck and the BT asked a passenger to see his card.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

13 hours ago, travelsoftwo said:

If you don't mind me asking, as part of your successful upgrade from Aqua Class, did you retain access to the thermal suite as part of retaining your original promotions, or do you lose that as part of the upgrade? Many thanks!

We were on Millennium, if it has one, I never tried to go there.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, jelayne said:

The Blu &  thermal spa are amenities of Aqua similar to Luminae, the Retreat Lounge are amenities of a Suite.  So if you move to a suite you get the amenities of the suite not Aqua

But you can go to blu depending on space.

• 1 year later...

We are in an IV in an upcoming Apex cruise and have received the MoveUp email. I looked at the availabilty of Sky Suites but there are only a very few available. Most of the Magic Carpet Sky Suites are available but the MoveUp offer doesn't show an ability to make an offer for one of them. If we bid on a SS will we possibly get a MCSS? If not, why are they not on MoveUp offer?

50 minutes ago, rickr45 said:

We are in an IV in an upcoming Apex cruise and have received the MoveUp email. I looked at the availabilty of Sky Suites but there are only a very few available. Most of the Magic Carpet Sky Suites are available but the MoveUp offer doesn't show an ability to make an offer for one of them. If we bid on a SS will we possibly get a MCSS? If not, why are they not on MoveUp offer?

Move up to a Sky Suite you could get S3, S2 or S1 and maybe Aqua Suite.  Not sure about the last one since they re-introduced that category.

1 hour ago, rickr45 said:

If you submit a bid for a SS and win, you could be for any SS category. But as suggested if the Magic Carpet SS’s are the only category or area showing availability it would more likely, but not a certainty as someone else might move up from another SS category.

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee

On 5/7/2022 at 11:22 AM, wrk2cruise said:

CC status will have no impact on your bid.   It's all about the $$$.

MoveUp Priority:

Looking to take your vacation to the next level? You’re in luck. MoveUp allows you to bid on a stateroom upgrade after you’ve purchased your cruise. As a valued Captain’s Club member your bid gets a bonus boost based on your tier. So, you get more value than what you bid. Classic members get an extra 1% multiplier, Select members get a 2% multiplier, Elite members get a 3% multiplier, Elite Plus members get a 4% multiplier, and Zenith members get a 5% multiplier. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Move up to a Sky Suite you could get S3, S2 or S1 and maybe Aqua Suite.  Not sure about the last one since they re-introduced that category.

Your response makes a lot of sense but it's also what prompted the question. The MoveUp offer had Sky Suite and Aqua Sky Suite as different possibilities but did not mention Magic Carpet Sky Suite. I guess there's S1, S2 and S3 as sky suite categories and AS in it's own separate category although they still call it a sky suite. 

Just now, rickr45 said:

Your response makes a lot of sense but it's also what prompted the question. The MoveUp offer had Sky Suite and Aqua Sky Suite as different possibilities but did not mention Magic Carpet Sky Suite. I guess there's S1, S2 and S3 as sky suite categories and AS in it's own separate category although they still call it a sky suite. 

Ok then the Aqua is considered different.   My early comment was not based on Move Up but several years ago the Reflection has AS which was subsequently recategorized as S1.  At that time I several times did a suite GTY and got assigned an AS.

Now they are trying this Aqua Suite thing again and trying to assign a significant value difference from Sky Suite.  I don't see it but who knows.

Back to your MoveUp, if you bid for Sky Suite you will be assigned S3, S2, S1.   It really depends on where the open inventory is and as others have said what the chain reaction moves will generate in terms of $$$.

38 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ok then the Aqua is considered different.   My early comment was not based on Move Up but several years ago the Reflection has AS which was subsequently recategorized as S1.  At that time I several times did a suite GTY and got assigned an AS.

Now they are trying this Aqua Suite thing again and trying to assign a significant value difference from Sky Suite.  I don't see it but who knows.

Back to your MoveUp, if you bid for Sky Suite you will be assigned S3, S2, S1.   It really depends on where the open inventory is and as others have said what the chain reaction moves will generate in terms of $$$.

Thanks very much for the info. This will be my first CC cruise in over 20 years. We got an IV in a good location so I think I'll pass on rolling the MoveUp dice.

My MIL and her sister are joining us on our next cruise. I'm thinking about doing a move up for them as we are in suites. Here are their options for sky suites. Each has a different starting price. If I bid on a AS. I would hope I only get what I moved up for. Sky suite $700, Sunset sky suite $800 and Aqua sky suite $900.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

10 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

My MIL and her sister are joining us on our next cruise. I'm thinking about doing a move up for them as we are in suites. Here are their options for sky suites. Each has a different starting price. If I bid on a AS. I would hope I only get what I moved up for. Sky suite $700, Sunset sky suite $800 and Aqua sky suite $900.

The Aqua sky suite is probably worth $200 more than SS but the Sunset sky suite is just not for us.