What is boarding like in Fort Lauderdale now?

HaliMakai

I just received an email that masks were optional in the terminal now....seems a little premature with all the reported cases on cruise ships. I am getting my booster this week and my whole family if fully vaccinated, I have "knock on wood" avoided the dreaded virus all this time, I really hope I don't catch on the cruise.  Sailing on the Equinox May 29th. 

That aside, we have not cruised since before Covid. (We were sailing March of 2020 and everything cancelled the day before we left).  Do they give you a specific time for boarding or can you just show up like we used to around 1 pm?  We are Conceirge class so we are supposed to have priorty boarding but not sure what that means anymore.  Any input is appreciated

• Haha 1

Only Suites and Zeniths have priority boarding at this time. You'll get an arrival window when you check in online, and if you arrive earlier, you may be asked to wait for those with earlier times to get processed.

When you do check-in on the app you will select a boarding time from those times available.  Currently there is no priority boarding for Aqua, Elite+/Elite or Concierge, only priority boarding is for Zenith and Suite Guests.

The  assigned times make boarding a much faster process.  Once on the ship you can go to your cabin, get your sea pass and drop off any carry-ons before heading to lunch.

As mentioned, go to the app and select a checkin time and upload your passport and vaccine info.  In my opinion it is better to print out your negative test results and your Express Pass rather than fumbling for your phone to find the digital info.  

I'm on the same sailing! I have sailed Celebrity several times since the restart and a few times out of Port Everglades. Check-in at the pier is SUPER quick, assuming you have done all of your online check-in already and completed the health questionnaire in the app within 24 hours of sailing. Here's what you will want to do.

1. Show up at the specified time. A couple minutes early is okay, but if you show up too early, you may have to wait in line.
  2. Drop your luggage with the porter.
  3. Have you COVID test results, vaccine card, passport, and boarding pass in hand.
  4. You will be asked t show your test results and vaccine card immediately.
  5. You will then go upstairs and through security.
  6. You will have your boarding pass and passport scanned and may be asked to go over your health questionnaire questions again.
  7. You will go onboard and have your boarding pass scanned one last time.

The whole thing takes 10-15 minutes tops. Once onboard, go to your stateroom, drop your carry-on there, and pick up your SeaPass. Watch the muster video on your stateroom TV. Go to your muster station to have your SeaPass scanned. Then just enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just checked the timestamp on the photos for my last cruise in March. I have a photo from the porter area where my Uber dropped me at exactly 11:30am. I have a photo of the smiling crew waving me onboard at 11:39am.

• Like 1

Yes, I do realize this question is not about FLL, but curious if anyone has done this before and their experience.  I have been told that being a suite takes precedent and that it does not...

Okay, I have a question:  If you are embarking from Rome on a b2b/TA with an SV on the first cruise and a suite on the TA, what is the protocol for embarking?  

Edited by Lastdance

Since the restart, have been on five X sailings out of FLL.  The process has evolved over time and different terminals have a slightly different process.

On my 4/24 sailing:

-  No passengers were in lines, only saw two parties digging for their paperwork, the outside staff never asked to see a boarding window.  They did want to see the Xpress pass and the negative covid test which you can show on your phone; said they're not the validators, they're just confirming you have them and someone else inside would validate your documation

-  Once inside you head straight to the XRay machines (in some terminals that's upstairs).   In the past you have a documentation validating staff inside, close to the front door and if you didn't complete the health questionnaire, they would ask you the questions and enter your answer on their iPad

-  After the XRay you wait in one of several check in lines (these lines were about ten people deep), they check your test results, showing on your phone is fine and passport but not your vax card, my best guess is because your vax card is now uploaded into the X app

9 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Okay, I have a question:  If you are embarking from Rome on a b2b/TA with an SV on the first cruise and a suite on the TA, what is the protocol for embarking?  

B2Bs are treated as two separate cruises.  You will embark the first leg as a passenger in the cabin category you have for that cruise.

Super quick. Have your docs ready and the whole thing is over in 10-15 min. There is no Prio boarding for CC or Elite/Elite+ so you have to arrive at the departure window you're given at the earliest. You can be later but not earlier.