Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

23 hours ago, NSWP said:

Well said, good post. You and your hubby are in the front line, like I was for 36 yrs in the👮‍♂️ and get zilch from the Govt. Unlike the ex navy, army, airforce most of whom were not in the front line, never faced an angry man, but in retirement they get these gold vet affairs cards for everything under the sun.  Not right.

Not all ex-servicemen get gold Veterans Affairs cards. I know that my brother who was in the RAAF certainly doesn't have one. These are the qualifications:

You are a veteran who:

Qualifying service: There are different eligibility requirements for other conflicts. Depending on the conflict, to have qualifying service you may need to have served:

• in operations against the enemy
  • in an operational area during certain time periods; and/or
  • at a time when you incurred danger from hostile forces of the enemy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Must have a very long extension cord 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, no shore power in Brisbane. It would have been a good fit for the new terminal to come with cold ironing, but a bit irrelevant when you see 6 cargo ships lined up opposite at the Fishermans Island wharves at the same time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Not all ex-servicemen get gold Veterans Affairs cards. I know that my brother who was in the RAAF certainly doesn't have one. These are the qualifications:

You are a veteran who:

Qualifying service: There are different eligibility requirements for other conflicts. Depending on the conflict, to have qualifying service you may need to have served:

• in operations against the enemy
  • in an operational area during certain time periods; and/or
  • at a time when you incurred danger from hostile forces of the enemy

Wow.  Pretty specific.  Sigh.  Guess we will all have to go back to work now. hehehehe.  BTW I am also an ex RAAF.  I was a photographer 😄

2 hours ago, Mikey22 said:

A quick question.

With Princess premium drink package do they have a limit/cap per 24 hours like P&O or is it open ended like RC.

I cant imagine we would get close to the Cap regardless.

I booked a Premier package cruise yesterday. One thing I have noted in the wording is max 15 drinks per day, not max 15 alcoholic drinks per day. By the wording, it means your coffee and water would be counted in the 15, which is different to other lines.

Royal will still turn off your card if they think you have had too much, or if they think you are sharing too much. I would struggle going past 15 grogs per day too.

The wording of the premier package is similar to the plus package, except the value of the drink"

Premier - Premier Beverage Package allows guests to enjoy up to 15 drinks a day up to the value of $22 per drink (including new specialty cocktails, glasses of wine, beers, premium spirits & coffee) + 25% off all bottles wine. Service of alcohol is always subject to Princess Cruises RSA Policies. 

Plus is the same, except drinks are capped at $16. There is a bit of a jump in price between the two, but the premier also included a photo package, 2 specialty restaurant dinners, and multi device internet.

Edited by arxcards

Without drifting to much, but BICT is going to be busy come November with four major cruise lines, operating out of Brisbane.
Coral Princess
Pacific Encounter
Quantum of the Sea
Carnival Luminosa

Plus all the other dropping in cruise ships; going to be fun scheduling them in, for someone.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I booked a Premier package cruise yesterday. One thing I have noted in the wording is max 15 drinks per day, not max 15 alcoholic drinks per day. By the wording, it means your coffee and water would be counted in the 15, which is different to other lines.

Royal will still turn off your card if they think you have had too much, or if they think you are sharing too much. I would struggle going past 15 grogs per day too.

The wording of the premier package is similar to the plus package, except the value of the drink"

Premier - Premier Beverage Package allows guests to enjoy up to 15 drinks a day up to the value of $22 per drink (including new specialty cocktails, glasses of wine, beers, premium spirits & coffee) + 25% off all bottles wine. Service of alcohol is always subject to Princess Cruises RSA Policies. 

Plus is the same, except drinks are capped at $16. There is a bit of a jump in price between the two, but the premier also included a photo package, 2 specialty restaurant dinners, and multi device internet.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for that.

I just inquired with my Travel Agent after I posted my query here.

This was their response.

Please find below the T&C's for the drinks package included.

terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.
  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Plus Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
    • Become intoxicated
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
    • Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Without drifting to much, but BICT is going to be busy come November with four major cruise lines, operating out of Brisbane.
Coral Princess
Pacific Encounter
Quantum of the Sea
Carnival Luminosa

Plus all the other dropping in cruise ships; going to be fun scheduling them in, for someone.

OPT in Sydney can manage it and more, Im sure Brisbane will manage as well. 👍

1 hour ago, Mikey22 said:

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for that.

I just inquired with my Travel Agent after I posted my query here.

This was their response.

Please find below the T&C's for the drinks package included.

terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.
  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Plus Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
    • Become intoxicated
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
    • Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian,

That is reassuring. 

The version I had was the terms in the booking process. I just hope the version you have is still 100% current, as that is for the plus package, which has been around for a while now.

Premier should read the same, but @ $22 per drink cap.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Thanks Ian,

That is reassuring. 

The version I had was the terms in the booking process. I just hope the version you have is still 100% current, as that is for the plus package, which has been around for a while now.

Premier should read the same, but @ $22 per drink cap.

Pretty sure it will. I’m in big trouble on the Plus package if they limit it to 15 total drinks a day, I can do that in soda, coffee, juice and water - easy!! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Coral Princess
Pacific Encounter
Quantum of the Sea
Carnival Luminosa

If QLD works this right, they should start to look at a 2nd wharf and terminal adjacent for 5+ years down the track.

Just now, Porky55 said:

Pretty sure it will. I’m in big trouble on the Plus package if they limit it to 15 total drinks a day, I can do that in soda, coffee, juice and water - easy!! 

I hope it as expected - just a little concerned at the current wording in the booking T&C's for these packages.

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I hope it as expected - just a little concerned at the current wording in the booking T&C's for these packages.

Not understanding this - these are the T&Cs for our cruise

676157EA-B1CE-48FE-9783-79274AA160A4.jpeg

1 minute ago, Porky55 said:

Not understanding this - these are the T&Cs for our cruise

676157EA-B1CE-48FE-9783-79274AA160A4.jpeg

I haven't gone into the personaliser for the 2 extra Princess cruises we booked yesterday, so am yet to read the T&C's for them. What you have there looks the same for our two earlier bookings.

The variation I posted was in the general T&C's when you look at the various fare options prior to booking. To date, that is the only version I have seen that includes the Princess Premier details. I will make a point of checking the full T&Cs for these new bookings over the weekend.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I haven't gone into the personaliser for the 2 extra Princess cruises we booked yesterday, so am yet to read the T&C's for them. What you have there looks the same for our two earlier bookings.

The variation I posted was in the general T&C's when you look at the various fare options prior to booking. To date, that is the only version I have seen that includes the Princess Premier details. I will make a point of checking the full T&Cs for these new bookings over the weekend.

That sounds like a good idea 💡

I think the 15 alcohol per day limit came onto cruises (Australian anyway) after that Carnival debacle years ago. They ( people involved) blamed overindulgence in alcohol. Or so I heard 🙄

Edited by Porky55

12 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I think the 15 alcohol per day limit came onto cruises (Australian anyway) after that Carnival debacle years ago. They ( people involved) blamed overindulgence in alcohol. Or so I heard 🙄

Of course they always have to blame someone else.  Don't take any responsibility for their own actions.  I remember this incident.  😮

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Good old Aussie RSA.

Actually, this works out really well on the short cruises. No drinks package under 7 nights on Carnival or P&O. I was expecting Princess to go the same way on the shorties that they don't usually do many of. Thankfully Princess passengers are far more restrained, and always on their best behaviour 😂

Actually Solstice was the weirdest one yet for us, selling a 3 night cruise to nowhere, in Uni holidays, with a drinks package as part of the fare. The public decks became a 2 floor nightclub, where people bought a drink and walked with it, as there was nowhere to sit near a bar or lounge. A life raft was ejected by a few inebriated young men, and the ship had to go back to retrieve it. Publicly, the ship said the raft fell off when a restraint failed. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

Of course they always have to blame someone else.  Don't take any responsibility for their own actions.  I remember this incident.  😮

That was a bad one. Sadly, there have been quite a number of these.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

You’ll be right mate 🥳🥳🥳

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That was a bad one. Sadly, there have been quite a number of these.

Big profits in booze sales on board, as we know Geoff, irrespective of the cruiseline.amy-schumer-white-wine-huge-glass.jpg.c285ae2f39c421936a48aa4173840321.jpg

• Haha 1