Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

39 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

I'm not in an interior cabin and I don't believe I am entitled to real maple syrup.  I don't think it included mini suits does it?  I think they are a pretend suite ??😆

No, Sabatini breakfasta are only for suites.

But I think everyone should be entitled to real maple syrup. Otherwise why call it maple syrup when it's fake. I'd rather have golden syrup than fake maple syrup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Premium real maple syrup needs to be included in the Premier fare package. 😉

Now that’s being packagist - why shouldn’t it be in the Plus package too; but maybe a Coles or Woolies Brand 😂😆🤣

DD43C82F-62CB-45F4-9CEE-A184DC906862.jpeg

57405392-2E9D-4326-A503-75B2766E48BE.webp

Edited by Porky55
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Now that’s being packagist - why shouldn’t it be in the Plus package too; but maybe a Coles or Woolies Brand 😂😆🤣

DD43C82F-62CB-45F4-9CEE-A184DC906862.jpeg

57405392-2E9D-4326-A503-75B2766E48BE.webp

I buy pure Canadian Maple Syrup from Coles or Woolies, which aren't high end supermarkets.  Surely cruise lines can supply proper maple syrup to their passengers.  

Does anyone know what the syrup supplied is made from?  It is not as if you sprinkle it on!!

20 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I buy pure Canadian Maple Syrup from Coles or Woolies, which aren't high end supermarkets.  Surely cruise lines can supply proper maple syrup to their passengers.  

Does anyone know what the syrup supplied is made from?  It is not as if you sprinkle it on!!

I believe the fake maple syrup is made from high fructose corn syrup with artificial maple flavouring. It's nasty stuff.

• Like 2

Just disembarked this morning.

If you are wanting to catch a taxi from the cruise terminal, be prepared for a considerable wait.

Taxis were very scarce on the ground this morning. I'm not sure many drivers know where the cruise terminal is. On the way in on Sunday I had to direct our driver who had no idea where to go, or that there was anything to go to.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I believe the fake maple syrup is made from high fructose corn syrup with artificial maple flavouring. It's nasty stuff.

For Interest this is why I don't use fake stuff.

Aunt Jemima Original syrup starts as you may have expected: with sugar—corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, to be exact. That sounds like a repeat, but the two ingredients are distinct. Corn syrup is a syrup made from corn starch and is 100 percent glucose. It’s used to soften texture of a product, prevent crystallization of sugar, and to enhance flavours. High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is a liquid sweetener and preservative also made from corn starch, but it has been processed to convert some of its glucose to fructose. It has also been linked to contribute to myriad health concerns like obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

Aunt Jemima Original also contains cellulose gum (known as carboxymethylcellulose), which is made by combining cellulose, a carbohydrate which comes from wood pulp or cotton lint, with an acid. While it will typically be used in highly processed foods, the FDA considers it a safe food additive for improving the texture of a product.

Caramel colour, most commonly used to dye sodas brown, is another ingredient in Aunt Jemima syrup. It’s made from food-grade carbohydrates and acids, and is safe to consume as long as it has lower than FDA-regulated amounts of lead, arsenic, and mercury—which doesn't exactly make me feel any better about eating the stuff. Certain varieties of caramel colour can contain 4-methylimidazole, a potentially carcinogenic chemical.

The syrup is further preserved with sodium benzoate and sorbic acid to prevent the syrup from spoiling on the store shelf, and sodium hexametaphosphate, a thickener.

Finally, Aunt Jemima syrup also contains water, salt, and unnamed “natural and artificial flavours.”

It’s clear that there’s a lot of stuff in fake maple syrup, and the food is highly processed, which ultimately points to the fact that it may not be great to put into your body in large quantities.

8 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Aunt Jemima Original syrup starts as you may have expected: with sugar—corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, to be exact. That sounds like a repeat, but the two ingredients are distinct. Corn syrup is a syrup made from corn starch and is 100 percent glucose. It’s used to soften texture of a product, prevent crystallization of sugar, and to enhance flavours. High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is a liquid sweetener and preservative also made from corn starch, but it has been processed to convert some of its glucose to fructose. It has also been linked to contribute to myriad health concerns like obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

Aunt Jemima Original also contains cellulose gum (known as carboxymethylcellulose), which is made by combining cellulose, a carbohydrate which comes from wood pulp or cotton lint, with an acid. While it will typically be used in highly processed foods, the FDA considers it a safe food additive for improving the texture of a product.

Caramel colour, most commonly used to dye sodas brown, is another ingredient in Aunt Jemima syrup. It’s made from food-grade carbohydrates and acids, and is safe to consume as long as it has lower than FDA-regulated amounts of lead, arsenic, and mercury—which doesn't exactly make me feel any better about eating the stuff. Certain varieties of caramel colour can contain 4-methylimidazole, a potentially carcinogenic chemical.

The syrup is further preserved with sodium benzoate and sorbic acid to prevent the syrup from spoiling on the store shelf, and sodium hexametaphosphate, a thickener.

Finally, Aunt Jemima syrup also contains water, salt, and unnamed “natural and artificial flavours.”

It’s clear that there’s a lot of stuff in fake maple syrup, and the food is highly processed, which ultimately points to the fact that it may not be great to put into your body in large quantities.

They missed the most important reason not to have it ... it tastes horrible! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Thank you.  When I'm checking the ingredient fine print in food, I find the more ingredients the more likely the item won't be healthy,  The above proves that theory!

• Like 3

Any updates to the COVID testing on B2B?

Our 10 Jul - 12 night has been changed to 5 night then a 7 night, and want to get an idea on what if any testing we need to do for the changeover, our TA suggested we would need to do a test, but all accounts here suggest that isn't being forced.

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

If you are wanting to catch a taxi from the cruise terminal, be prepared for a considerable wait.

Taxis were very scarce on the ground this morning. I'm not sure many drivers know where the cruise terminal is. On the way in on Sunday I had to direct our driver who had no idea where to go, or that there was anything to go to.

Thank you for the heads up. We'll be wanting a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport, eek 🥴 I've already printed out the driving route from the airport to the terminal as there's no way (as a "foreigner") I'd be able to direct the driver!!

7 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thank you for the heads up. We'll be wanting a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport, eek 🥴 I've already printed out the driving route from the airport to the terminal as there's no way (as a "foreigner") I'd be able to direct the driver!!

Could you book an Uber from cruise terminal to airport so you didn't have to wait on a long taxi queue?

6 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

We waited about 45 minutes this morning.  I thought  there would be heaps of cabs lined up like at the airport.  

5 minutes ago, kenexx said:

We waited about 45 minutes this morning.  I thought  there would be heaps of cabs lined up like at the airport.  

Perhaps they will work this out with time. The OPT has a great taxi rank when you leave the ship.

Just now, Porky55 said:

Perhaps they will work this out with time. The OPT has a great taxi rank when you leave the ship.

But the OPT is in the middle of the city. There would be dozens of taxis nearby. The Brisbane terminal is in the middle of nowhere. When people are disembarking, it is a bit early for most of the new arrivals for the next cruise, so the taxis would have to go there empty.

9 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Like so many services, taxis are light on the ground too. The queue at White Bay was the longest I have seen following the first Pacific Explorer cruise back to White Bay, and that was on a Saturday morning when there is less demand. We booked P&O's transfer to Central station, expecting the taxi line to be long.

I am curious what transfers Princess is offering in Brisbane. For anyone heading to the airport, surely they operate a transfer coach. I would also hope they also run another to a public transport hub, such as Roma St station.

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Like so many services, taxis are light on the ground too. The queue at White Bay was the longest I have seen following the first Pacific Explorer cruise back to White Bay, and that was on a Saturday morning when there is less demand. We booked P&O's transfer to Central station, expecting the taxi line to be long.

I am curious what transfers Princess is offering in Brisbane. For anyone heading to the airport, surely they operate a transfer coach. I would also hope they also run another to a public transport hub, such as Roma St station.

Good question for Brisbane - think things only happen if the minority raise their voices and ask for these services!! 

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

Have you checked on your Personalizer to see if Princess is running shuttle buses to the airport?

10 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Have you checked on your Personalizer to see if Princess is running shuttle buses to the airport?

Thank you, there's nothing in Personalizer. Travel companion sent an email enquiry to our (very average) PVP a couple of weeks ago but has heard nothing back. We won't be pushed for time so if there's a wait it won't be disastrous.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thank you, there's nothing in Personalizer. Travel companion sent an email enquiry to our (very average) PVP a couple of weeks ago but has heard nothing back. We won't be pushed for time so if there's a wait it won't be disastrous.

The only thing I have seen along the way pre cruising is a disembark excursion that took you to animal place then to airport. It was $69pp. Time was about four hours.
but I’ll go to the excursion desk today onboard and see what I can find out. 

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

The only thing I have seen along the way pre cruising is a disembark excursion that took you to animal place then to airport. It was $69pp. Time was about four hours.
but I’ll go to the excursion desk today onboard and see what I can find out. 

Much appreciated, Irene, thank you very much 😊 Can you also please ask if we can pay cash onto our on board account? You're everyone's lifesaver for accurate information 🙂

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Ok I just checked the app. In the excursions. There’s transfer option showing fir 26th June so guess there will be each time now. $40 each

1E34C936-1899-48B8-AC5A-978E2FC18FA6.jpeg