Why All the Redundancy on Viking

sabrefan

Just received information from Viking to download the Verifly app and start inputting personal information. If a person has a passport and they also have their CDC card which shows when you have been vaccinated and boosted, what value does Verifly add if any? I don’t understand the redundancy, doesn’t Viking trust it’s customers?

• Like 1

Best I can tell Verifly is a third party information collector.  And you still need the hard copies of all this info at checkin. Not to mention you have already posted most of this info with Viking My Viking Journey.  I am with you thinking Verifly is useless extra aggravation.  

• Like 1

Verify is how Viking knows you are vaccinated - a requirement of traveling on their ships.  In Verifly you upload your vaccination card, the app confirms it is a valid card and transmits that info to Viking.  You never have to show the app to anyone but you still must carry your original vaccination card.

It appears to be a third party verification that you are vaccinated.  How else would Viking know you are before you leave home?  Mail a photocopy of your card?  Scan your card and email?  Trust an already busy Viking rep to verify that you hold a valid CDC or other country card?  Think about it?

FWIW, on our Iceland cruise last year, we were unable to get DMIL’s vaccine card loaded into Verifly.  When we boarded in Reykjavik, DH and I just had to show our passports and get our temp taken. She had to present her card and  have it photocopied.  A short and minor annoyance but finding it again after thinking she was finished it with at Icelandic immigration, added unnecessary stress prior to getting aboard. 

In New York State we have something that is called Excellsior Pass, this document has all of my covid vaccination data. Not to mention all the hacking and misinformation that floats around the internet. Again my CDC card shown at checkin is as solid proof as my U.S. passport. Redundancy is such as waste of time and this too requires a human to check properly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sabrefan said:

Just received information from Viking to download the Verifly app and start inputting personal information. If a person has a passport and they also have their CDC card which shows when you have been vaccinated and boosted, what value does Verifly add if any? I don’t understand the redundancy, doesn’t Viking trust it’s customers?

You will also have to check-in and provide another photo, in addition the one for VeriFLY, in order to get a boarding pass. 

7 hours ago, sabrefan said:

I don’t understand the redundancy,

What drives me nuts is having to deal with VeriFLY every time I sail. Once you have registered with V-FLY, why isn't it just marked on your account along with other information that Viking stores for each of us?

• Like 5

VeriFLY is listed as optional in the carefully-written copy.

They can’t verify a thing, since they have no access to government records.

I suppose they’re just verifying you have the required documents, not that they’re legit.

It an opportunistic revenue play by some creative entrepreneur.

• Like 3

Just finished Verify after putting in the vaccine dates then going onto taking a picture of the QR code off my ipad of my New York State Excellsior card I submitted the whole thing. In about 5 to 10 minutes later it was all approved. They must of spent a huge amount of time verifying this this was legit. Still a waste of time. Even if Viking reps at boarding don’t want to pay too much attention to this I am going to make sure they take out the time to look at it.

• Like 1

We just showed our CDC vaccination cards ; at the airport, at the pre-hotel, and then at check in on the ship in April 2022.  a Viking Rep told us is we did Verify We could leave our CDC card at home.  CARRY your CDC Vaccination Card, other places require you to show the Card and photo ID.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MSEm said:

We just showed our CDC vaccination cards ; at the airport, at the pre-hotel, and then at check in on the ship in April 2022.  a Viking Rep told us is we did Verify We could leave our CDC card at home.  CARRY your CDC Vaccination Card, other places require you to show the Card and photo ID.

Better still, make copies of it, get it laminated, leave the original in your stateroom. I managed to leave 2 copies on restaurant tables (not sure how I did that--twice), so I'm glad I never lost my original!