Live Caribbean Princess May 14th

Tak8

Hi

I became very close to the floor supervisor on CC Dolphin deck and the steward. We What's app all the time. I just sent him a note. He said the ship is full. I told him about some of the things you guys said and about not enough staff etc. I am positive he will do what he can to try and help with some of the things with the proper people on board and tell them about the issues.

I asked if they are still keeping a Covid section blocked off and he said yes

Best wishes

Kathy

Edited by rabin1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Hi

I became very close to the floor supervisor on CC Dolphin deck and the steward. We What's app all the time. I just sent him a note. He said the ship is full. I told him about some of the things you guys said and about not enough staff etc. I am positive he will do what he can to try and help with some of the things with the proper people on board and tell them about the issues.

I asked if they are still keeping a Covid section blocked off and he said yes

Best wishes

Kathy

Thank you.  Did he mention which section is blocked off?

I grabbed a taxi at the pier and went to Isla Verde beach $21 one way, then my favorite restaurant in San Juan - Metropol.  They serve great Mojitos.  A little rain today.  Taxis only accepted cash at the pier.

Tip of the day:  You must have your photo ID.  Both Princess and Carnival passengers were waiting to get back to the ship and the security guard kept telling people to have their ID and cruise card in hand.  Lots of people asking why do I need my photo?  

I'm not sure about the trolley.

Elton John tribute last night.  It was a fun show.  The entertainer mentioned this week is his last for a while.  

I will try to get some of the patters loaded tonight or tomorrow.

\

Forgot to mention the first day, there was a paper in the cabin listing whether each port allowed Princess, Port sponsored, and/or private excursions.  I know it doesn't help the planners, but it was nice to verify before leaving ship. All ports allowed all 3 on this itinerary. 

Looking forward to seeing Amber Cove.  New for me. 

• Like 3

TAk8, 

How has the music been in the piazza area. We like to sit and listen with a drink through out the day. 

Do you happen to remember which mdr was open on embarkation day?

Thanks

Edited by runner2013
More content

12 hours ago, Nhsaltshaker said:

Thank you.  Did he mention which section is blocked off?

I have been watching availability of rooms for a while on the Caribbean as I am cruising on her soon.  The one section that never seemed to be available to book was the Aloha deck port side from the back elevators towards the front (and I think a little of the front starboard side).  They may have opened up some of those rooms at some point and I missed it but I'm pretty sure this is the general area.  This matches with what rooms they have been using for isolation on this class of ships since the restart.

We are on this cruise too and, sadly, the service is lacking. The front line workers are trying SO HARD and want to please you. However, service is inefficient. We have been to the Elite Reception the last two nights. We had to order our drinks 3 times each night for one drink. The scanners are a big issue. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. When it doesn’t work, it is frustrating for the worker. They have to get a piece of paper and manually take your order and cabin number. Water/drink service by the pool was basically non existent yesterday before noon. Today it improved. 
Once again, the front line workers are doing the best with their tools. In time, improved procedures and a working Medallion scanning system should improve performance. I have let my Princess Travel agent know and have offered to provide feedback to any Princess employee who would like to discuss. I am trying to help Princess.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

We are on this cruise too and, sadly, the service is lacking. The front line workers are trying SO HARD and want to please you. However, service is inefficient. We have been to the Elite Reception the last two nights. We had to order our drinks 3 times each night for one drink. The scanners are a big issue. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. When it doesn’t work, it is frustrating for the worker. They have to get a piece of paper and manually take your order and cabin number. Water/drink service by the pool was basically non existent yesterday before noon. Today it improved. 
Once again, the front line workers are doing the best with their tools. In time, improved procedures and a working Medallion scanning system should improve performance. I have let my Princess Travel agent know and have offered to provide feedback to any Princess employee who would like to discuss. I am trying to help Princess.

How long are we supposed to give PCL IT to get the Medallion systems to work properly?  It was originally released on Regal in 2017.  After nearly 5 years glitches should be few and far between.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, c-boy said:

😄, I'm a duck fan. My/our server kept waiving me off the duck entree. Finally after the third approach, I lowered my landing gear, informed Rufio that I brought this particular wine expressly for the duck dish. "  Uncork my bottle and let's get this show started. "  Best damn duck I've had in years. I had two servings , much to Rufio's dismay.  Rufio and I talked before leaving that night. Turns out he has anatidaephobia.  Even if it's no longer moving 😏

Had the duck also last night was fantastic.

Cheers

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

How long are we supposed to give PCL IT to get the Medallion systems to work properly?  It was originally released on Regal in 2017.  After nearly 5 years glitches should be few and far between.

we have 2 options - deal with it at the price point we are paying Princess

breathe in ... breathe out ... move on ( to a different cruise line )

• Like 5

Someone shared a FB post on our roll call about a lot of cabins on the ship affected by problems with the toilets.  Can anyone confirm this is happening?  And if so, what cabins are affected?  I had read about a lot of issues on the Crown Princess but this is the first report I have seen about the Caribbean Princess.

24 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Someone shared a FB post on our roll call about a lot of cabins on the ship affected by problems with the toilets.  Can anyone confirm this is happening?  And if so, what cabins are affected?  I had read about a lot of issues on the Crown Princess but this is the first report I have seen about the Caribbean Princess.

When did the FB poster sail?  We were on Caribbean in March and there were a couple of  mornings when the toilets didn't flush for some cabins.  Hopefully that was addressed during drydock.

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

When did the FB poster sail?  We were on Caribbean in March and there were a couple of  mornings when the toilets didn't flush for some cabins.  Hopefully that was addressed during drydock.

I don't know.  There was very little info in the post on our roll call which is why I asked.

• Like 1

I can't find the thread or post, but immediately prior the CB's recent drydock, someone mentioned plumbing/sewage type odors on the Aloha deck midship and perhaps another location.  I only remember because without us or TA being notified, Princess moved us from the cabin we specifically selected to one on Aloha deck midship (right off the elevators and stairwell).  Hopefully odor not still an issue, and not very happy with Princess moving us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, we were on it Feb and Mar before drydock and it was definitely midship caribe deck and parts of the aloha deck.

It was a terrible sewage leakage midship  caribe deck, every day they worked on it. I sure hope they fixed it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rebels82 said:

Hi.  We are Elite too and wondered if there was a wine tasting event?  Also..we recall the elite parties where drinks flowed freely.  Anything like these events happening?  We are on in a couple of weeks.  Thanks so much and regards.  

10 hours ago, prmssk said:

I have been watching availability of rooms for a while on the Caribbean as I am cruising on her soon.  The one section that never seemed to be available to book was the Aloha deck port side from the back elevators towards the front (and I think a little of the front starboard side).  They may have opened up some of those rooms at some point and I missed it but I'm pretty sure this is the general area.  This matches with what rooms they have been using for isolation on this class of ships since the restart.

I'm booked on A515 in August.  Does that cabin seem to possibly be a quarantine cabin? 

8 minutes ago, Priszm said:

I'm booked on A515 in August.  Does that cabin seem to possibly be a quarantine cabin? 

I think you are fine.  Your cabin is on the starboard side mid-ship.  Plenty of cabins have been available for bookings on the starboard side.  It was the port side (with the exception of the very back) and the very front (A200s) of the starboard side that I never saw available to book.

Also, they may not be reserving any cabins for the August sailings as they transition back to full ships.  I was only watching the June and occasionally the May sailings.

2 hours ago, runner2013 said:

For anyone onboard now, are they still providing hair dryers in the cabins?  We had one on Regal in January but wanted to make sure they were fleet wide. 

Thanks

Had a hairdryer on Royal. Top drawer of the desk. May 2

• Like 1