Onboard Account Statement after the cruise

AE_Collector

Just home yesterday after the 12 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver on Royal Princess. Our first cruise in 2 1/2 years and Royal Princesses first revenue cruise in 26 months.

I took a quick look at our account in the medallion app around half way through the cruise and didn’t think to check again at the end. And no paper statement was received overnight on the last day. Part of the printed paper reduction presumably which I’m in favour of. Or did we just miss finding a delivered statement? Is there any way to get this info online now that the cruise is over or does Princess email it after in conjunction with the credit card being charged? In our case we always buy a bunch of OBC before the cruise and then the surplus gets refunded afterwards as long as we didn’t use it all up. It’s nice to have a rough idea where we stood at the end.

14 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

Just home yesterday after the 12 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver on Royal Princess. Our first cruise in 2 1/2 years and Royal Princesses first revenue cruise in 26 months.

I took a quick look at our account in the medallion app around half way through the cruise and didn’t think to check again at the end. And no paper statement was received overnight on the last day. Part of the printed paper reduction presumably which I’m in favour of. Or did we just miss finding a delivered statement? Is there any way to get this info online now that the cruise is over or does Princess email it after in conjunction with the credit card being charged? In our case we always buy a bunch of OBC before the cruise and then the surplus gets refunded afterwards as long as we didn’t use it all up. It’s nice to have a rough idea where we stood at the end.

On our most recent cruise, I got a detailed email statement after we got home, and our card was charged correctly.

• Thanks 1

No more paper statements delivered under your door (this is good).  But, my not trusting Princess (lately), I always print out a statement from the kiosk.  Princess has delivered via email, final statement and charges.  Check your junk email box.  

I am guessing that if it never arrives, they "must" have a paper trail that you can request a copy.  I try very hard to be near a zero balance by the time the cruise is over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Same issue...different question.

Got our emailed statement. The last item was "Referred to Corporate Finance $77.03". It was in the charges column.

Never seen that before. Anyone know what it is?

TIA

Could you have had a $77.03 credit balance so they put $77.03 charge on your account to zero it onboard and referred to finance to issue a refund?

• Like 1

How quick are the emails showing up? We disembarked yesterday morning and nothing yet. And no post cruise survey yet either. Before Covid the Post cruise survey was usually in your email box just after midnight of the day you were disembarking …so before you had disembarked.

7 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

Could you have had a $77.03 credit balance so they put $77.03 charge on your account to zero it onboard and referred to finance to issue a refund?

Don't know. Never seen it before and we get refunds on almost all of our cruises. We usually take long cruises and have lots of OBC.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

How quick are the emails showing up? We disembarked yesterday morning and nothing yet. And no post cruise survey yet either. Before Covid the Post cruise survey was usually in your email box just after midnight of the day you were disembarking …so before you had disembarked.

Got off the ship on 4/29 and got the email on 5/3. Can't recall when the survey came, but it was also fairly quick.

• Thanks 1

I just checked my emails.

Both came to my email address, with the statement coming from … no reply@princess.com - on the same day we disembarked. 
My statement was correct to what I had viewed the night before our cruise ended. I also try not to leave any OBC or a credit balance, when I leave the ship. 

• Thanks 1

Okay so for the statement at least, it’s possible that a weekend versus weekday could be different. We disembarked Saturday morning so I will see if it shows up on Monday. Good to know they are emailing them at least.

5 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

Okay so for the statement at least, it’s possible that a weekend versus weekday could be different. We disembarked Saturday morning so I will see if it shows up on Monday. Good to know they are emailing them at least.

4 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

We got off the Majestic and our emails arrived at 4:02 AM the following day.  I've seen posts from people saying they went to their spam folder so don't forget to check there.

I just rechecked…

my statement came at 11:10 pm on the Saturday night after we left. 

From noreply@princesscruises.com

i just noticed this part. 

You are currently registered for express checkout. We wish you a safe and pleasant journey home and hope to see you on another Princess vessel in the near future.

Check your spam folder. I have also read other posts that said they contacted Princess and were able to get a copy emailed again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

But, my not trusting Princess (lately), I always print out a statement from the kiosk.  Princess has delivered via email, final statement and charges.

Discovery did not have kiosks so had to stand in the GS line to get a printed copy which we did the day before the end of the cruise. Everything was correct however the emailed final statement received the day after the cruise was wrong. Our $260 of refundable credit was reduced by 25% & received no reply to my email sent to their director of CR. Just more lost trust in Princess’ ability to properly treat their guests & just one reason why we just booked Oceania & are close to canceling all of our Princess cruises.

• Like 3

Just found the end of cruise survey in my Spam folder. They were sent out at 3:51 AM several hours before we disembarked. No statements yet but will keep checking inbox and Spam folders. 

Thanks for input everyone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

Just found the end of cruise survey in my Spam folder. They were sent out at 3:51 AM several hours before we disembarked. No statements yet but will keep checking inbox and Spam folders. 

Thanks for input everyone.

Make sure you do give them all your input. It took me a long time to give them my thoughts on the survey. Our travelling friends said they spent 2 hours on it. I’m hoping they do read them. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Just more lost trust in Princess’ ability to properly treat their guests & just one reason why we just booked Oceania & are close to canceling all of our Princess cruises.

Good for you!  I keep looking at Oceania but everything we are interested in is either sold out or waitlisted. Of course, they are some REALLY good itineraries, so I understand why.

• Like 1

After our cruise on the Regal in February our final folio didn't arrive for a week.  A friend who sailed a week after us was able to get someone from the passenger service desk send the statement to us, but the official one arrived after that.  And the surveys weren't sent to anyone I know of following that cruise.  I actually did get one from Customer Service as I put in a note through the "contact us" feature on the website.  These two items used to be consistently in our inboxes before we even disembarked but they are hit and miss these days.

20 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Discovery did not have kiosks so had to stand in the GS line to get a printed copy which we did the day before the end of the cruise. Everything was correct however the emailed final statement received the day after the cruise was wrong. Our $260 of refundable credit was reduced by 25% & received no reply to my email sent to their director of CR. Just more lost trust in Princess’ ability to properly treat their guests & just one reason why we just booked Oceania & are close to canceling all of our Princess cruises.

Oh, I just booked for the fall on the Discovery, so that’s good to know about the kiosk.

How long have you been waiting for a response to your email about the refundable credit, that appears to be discounted for some crazy reason? Maybe there’s an admin fee, which would be ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Good for you!  I keep looking at Oceania but everything we are interested in is either sold out or waitlisted. Of course, they are some REALLY good itineraries, so I understand why.

We just booked an Oceania cruise for 2024 and are looking at Celebrity for a cruise in 2023. Both are unique itineraries that Princess doesn't have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We had noticed that the least & most expensive categories book early so got our preferred cabin 16 months in advance…an R-class ship 20 days from Vancouver to LA cruising Alaska & the West Coast. 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Oh, I just booked for the fall on the Discovery, so that’s good to know about the kiosk.

How long have you been waiting for a response to your email about the refundable credit, that appears to be discounted for some crazy reason? Maybe there’s an admin fee, which would be ridiculous. 

If I recall correctly Majestic didn’t have kiosks last October but don’t know if they’ve been eliminated fleetwide.

I’ve been waiting for 5 weeks to get a reply about the incorrect refund. As recently as last winter would receive a phone call discussing any issues within a week. Refunds are supposed to be received within 4-6 weeks so I’m still within that timeframe. Although have read a post from someone who is still waiting for an $800 refund since December…awful customer service is becoming more common.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

If I recall correctly Majestic didn’t have kiosks last October but don’t know if they’ve been eliminated fleetwide.

I’ve been waiting for 5 weeks to get a reply about the incorrect refund. As recently as last winter would receive a phone call discussing any issues within a week. Refunds are supposed to be received within 4-6 weeks so I’m still within that timeframe. Although have read a post from someone who is still waiting for an $800 refund since December…awful customer service is becoming more common.

That is terrible. Have you tried the online chat to ask if they can see if your email was received by Corporate? Or, send a second request- marked urgent, after you feel you have waited their time frame for responding.
You have more patience than I do, for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

You have more patience than I do, for sure.

There have been too many unsolved issues for us & my patience is gone…it’s just not worth more frustration & stress. It’s time for us to try a different cruise line & to decide if we can trust Princess to provide as promised or to cancel all of their cruises after decades as our first choice for cruising.

• Like 1