Light packers what do you pack?

Ethique also makes really nice solid shampoo and conditioner bars (Also body wash, moisturizer, and facial product bars.) I prefer them to the Lush ones because I can get an unscented or only mildly scented one. (The heaviness of Lush's scents gives me a headache.) 

• Like 3

I’ve been very happy with solid shampoos and conditioners.  We’ve been on the road 7 weeks now and I’ve used them when the place we are staying hasn’t provided it.   I cannot remember the brand but they came in round tins.   I decided to leave the tins at home and put the bars in ziplocks room save room.   The shampoo bar broke but is still usable. 

I am using Ethique solid face moisturizer and it has worked well although it is thick and I’ve learned to put it on and let it soak in before putting on my powder makeup.  Otherwise the makeup cakes on and looks awful.  

I am using a Nivea shaving stick and absolutely love it.  It says it is made for men but the scent isn’t strong at all. Both me and my husband are using it so I brought 2….one in the shower and one by the sink. 

I also brought clothes detergent sheets and have been very happy with them. I throw in a color guard sheet so I can wash colors and whites together.  

I found Native deodorant this Spring.  First scented deodorants I can stand.  The one really nice thing is that they have mini sizes of several of the scents.  I bought 2 to take on my monthlong trip - even with multiple uses sometimes during the day (multiple showers sometimes), 1 mini lasted the month.  I have a full-size at home, the Vanilla/Coconut sensitive formula.  They  don't have the minis all the time, but it's worth looking from time to time.   They do have unscented, too.  And i will say their shampoo and conditioner are working well for me, too (Coconut/Vanilla).

I've been a decades-long user of Lush solid shampoos.  I do have a problem with scents, so I go to the store and smell them out.  I was a 'Godiva' bar user.  Alas, it's gone and I haven't found a good replacement yet.  

Another thing - if you use conditioner, be sure to bring a little with you if you do a land trip.  i was rather surprised to find out that most of the places I stayed at in France and Italy had shampoo, but no conditioner.  With high heat and humidity, I sure needed some to keep from going "Bozo the Clown" with my hair!  I guess my hair took a real vacation with no conditioner, no product, very little blow-drying.

• Like 1

I've read lots of good reviews online about the Athleta Brooklyn pants. They come in several versions including an ankle pant, a jogger and a full-length pant. The material is very lightweight and stretchy, apparently, quick drying and good for travel. I was thinking about trying a pair of the full-length pants (I believe they're a new addition to the line), but wanted to ask if anyone has tried the pants and what they think of the Brooklyn material. From the description, they sound to me a lot like the original Chico's Neema material and/or the Talbot's "T" lightweight stretch pants.  

I like the look of the styling on these though. For anyone looking to pack light, these kinds of pants are great -- they take up very little space, don't wrinkle much and are comfortable to wear. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've read lots of good reviews online about the Athleta Brooklyn pants. They come in several versions including an ankle pant, a jogger and a full-length pant. The material is very lightweight and stretchy, apparently, quick drying and good for travel. I was thinking about trying a pair of the full-length pants (I believe they're a new addition to the line), but wanted to ask if anyone has tried the pants and what they think of the Brooklyn material. From the description, they sound to me a lot like the original Chico's Neema material and/or the Talbot's "T" lightweight stretch pants.  

I like the look of the styling on these though. For anyone looking to pack light, these kinds of pants are great -- they take up very little space, don't wrinkle much and are comfortable to wear. 

haven't look at the Brookyn stuff in person.  When I was looking for pants, I saw them online.  There wasn't a color that I wanted.  I'd run up to Main St. to look, but it's Sunday and the street is closed for the Sunday Silly Market.  Means no parking...

ootd: for now, my tie dye hoodie short dress.  it's 64 inside the house (i keep the living room window open all night) right now.  When it warms up I'll switch to running shorts and a Tshirt.  

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I just bought a black pair of the Athleta Brooklyn full-length pant. They are very lightweight and comfortable. I think they are flattering, and they have pockets! I also bought their Renew seamless long-sleeve shirt and a short-sleeve version. I’m working on putting together a versatile capsule wardrobe based on black, tan and white with blue as my accent. To go with that I also bought a black dress and a top in merino wool from Wool&. I’ve actually worn the shirt already in this warm weather and was really impressed by how comfortable it was. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

The Brooklyns are a lot like the old Chicos Neema. I have the ankle pants (they are true ankle) & have ordered the full length ones. I can roll the ankle ones into a sandwich bag. They’re excellent 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

The Brooklyns are a lot like the old Chicos Neema. I have the ankle pants (they are true ankle) & have ordered the full length ones. I can roll the ankle ones into a sandwich bag. They’re excellent 

Did look online at them when I was hunting for a pant to take to Europe.  The only thing that took them off my list was the "stripe" of fabric down the sides of the legs.  I know it's the same color, but I have a pair of the Farralon shorts with the same thing and i'm just not in love with it.  But, so many of you like them, maybe I missed out.  Good to see all of you recommending them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Did look online at them when I was hunting for a pant to take to Europe.  The only thing that took them off my list was the "stripe" of fabric down the sides of the legs.  I know it's the same color, but I have a pair of the Farralon shorts with the same thing and i'm just not in love with it.  But, so many of you like them, maybe I missed out.  Good to see all of you recommending them.

The Brooklyn pants in black do not have that accent stripe.  I know what you mean, I didn’t like the look of that either! But the black is plain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

The Brooklyn pants in black do not have that accent stripe.  I know what you mean, I didn’t like the look of that either! But the black is plain. 

I just looked online again - the ankle pant in black does show that stripe.  Looks like it could be about an inch wide.   Black on black it may not be as noticable.

Where are the full-length ones?  All I saw were the ankle pants.

• Like 1

• This is the full-length pant, Brooklyn Heights. The black do not have the satin accent; the description for the other colors details that accent stripe, but does not for the black. I just bought this exact pant and can verify it is plain with no stripe. It’s a very nice pant!

•  
  •  
  • image.thumb.jpeg.28449b769a93fd4353d8b27668f0fef1.jpeg 

58 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:
  • This is the full-length pant, Brooklyn Heights. The black do not have the satin accent; the description for the other colors details that accent stripe, but does not for the black. I just bought this exact pant and can verify it is plain with no stripe. It’s a very nice pant!

•  
  •  
  • image.thumb.jpeg.28449b769a93fd4353d8b27668f0fef1.jpeg 

Yes, that's the one I'm interested in. I read the reviews about the "stripe" too. Not sure I'd mind it on the more casual looking ankle pants but was glad to read that the full-length pants don't have it.

Definitely going to order a pair after the good feedback here. Thanks, guys! 👍

• Like 3

@LindaD22 - Thanks for the clarification.  I  was looking at just Brooklyn,  not Brooklyn Heights.  

The ladies can telll you I was doing exhaustive searching for clothes that I needed/wanted but didn't have for my trip.  I may have passed on Heights because it is high waist (not a good fit on me) and has a split seam on the bottom.  Good to know that this is an excellent fit for others.  Athleta is usually the first place I look for clothes.  

My clothes adventure over the Spring and early Summer did lead me to some new sites to buy things.  Pact, Saint and Sofia, Faherty, Liverpool have been added to my list (Athleta, Woolx, Outdoor Voices, Prana) and add a little "spiff" to my usual jeans/leggings & Tshirt wardrobe.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

@LindaD22 - Thanks for the clarification.  I  was looking at just Brooklyn,  not Brooklyn Heights.  

The ladies can telll you I was doing exhaustive searching for clothes that I needed/wanted but didn't have for my trip.  I may have passed on Heights because it is high waist (not a good fit on me) and has a split seam on the bottom.  Good to know that this is an excellent fit for others.  Athleta is usually the first place I look for clothes.  

My clothes adventure over the Spring and early Summer did lead me to some new sites to buy things.  Pact, Saint and Sofia, Faherty, Liverpool have been added to my list (Athleta, Woolx, Outdoor Voices, Prana) and add a little "spiff" to my usual jeans/leggings & Tshirt wardrobe.  

Yes, I’ve been having fun lately too putting together a new travel wardrobe! Thanks for mentioning those other sites, I’ll check them out. I’ve also bought from WHBM and Wool& (merino wool tops & dress). And, of course, my trusty Birkenstock sneakers & sandals! 

19 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

Yes, I’ve been having fun lately too putting together a new travel wardrobe! Thanks for mentioning those other sites, I’ll check them out. I’ve also bought from WHBM and Wool& (merino wool tops & dress). And, of course, my trusty Birkenstock sneakers & sandals! 

If you like Wool&, you'll like Woolx.  I've had shirts from there for a good 4-5 years now and are still in good shape.  I bought my LBTD (Little Black Travel Dress) from there, too.  It saved me big time when I wore it to the Andrea Bocelli concert - a clear and HOT afternoon/evening that had a walk down and up a hill to the venue!  I also sweated like I didn't know I could sweat on this trip and my Woolx things worked perfectly to not make me feel all slimy.  

• Like 3