Cunard Loyalty

swjumbo

9 hours ago, Underwatr said:

It appears that some time in the past 30 years the state legislature has approved the sale of beer and wine after 8 AM on Sunday.

Yippee!

We don’t get picked up for our transfer to the port till 12.30 so either time before pick up or en route should achieve a couple of bottles for our cabin bar.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, Jack E Dawson said:

The drinks package, at $69/person/per day is pretty stiff for us and we drink a lot. Both passengers in the cabin must sign up for it. Don't forget Cunard allows you to bring unlimited wine, spirits, soda and water onboard.

Jack

Not according the Contract we must accept before online booking is complete.   But maybe that is just for US citizens and Brits get a different contract,

21 minutes ago, harpy3 said:

Not according the Contract we must accept before online booking is complete.   But maybe that is just for US citizens and Brits get a different contract,

Actually Harpy3, I'm happy to report that is for everyone. This has been a topic here on the Cunard Board many times. We just got off the QM2 a little over a week ago and still true. Some passengers literally bring wine on by the case. It's been that was for years.

Jack

57 minutes ago, harpy3 said:

It. Isn't. Enforced.

And they're not going to differentially implement (let alone enforce!) such a policy.

Edited by Underwatr
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 4:12 AM, sandancer said:

Thanks. We usually have a drinks package but on this cruise it would cost $1794 for both of us. I can’t see us drinking enough to justify that. 

When you stop to think about it, and are capable of performing a bit of basic arithmetic, you will realize that a drinks package on virtually any cruise line only makes sense if one is determined to spend his/her entire cruise in an alcoholic stupor - or is simply planning to destroy his/her liver.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

When you stop to think about it, and are capable of performing a bit of basic arithmetic, you will realize that a drinks package on virtually any cruise line only makes sense if one is determined to spend his/her entire cruise in an alcoholic stupor - or is simply planning to destroy his/her liver.

navybankerteacher,

I believe the Silver Spirits Drinks Package on Viking is around  $20/day. I'm not sure that would qualify for being in an alcoholic stupor.

Jack

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

It’s not only alcohol that’s included. It’s fizzy and still bottled water, speciality coffees and herbal teas. I can drink a few san pellegrino’s a day plus still water with lunch and dinner. 

also having been used to all inclusive cruising it is nice to have the cost part done and dusted. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Two glasses of wine with lunch, three with dinner, and a couple of fancy coffees would do it on .Cunard. This is more than I would drink, but not exactly a health hazard unless it's a very long cruise.

8 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

navybankerteacher,

I believe the Silver Spirits Drinks Package on Viking is around  $20/day. I'm not sure that would qualify for being in an alcoholic stupor.

Jack

I was referring to your earlier post - which cited $69 per day.

Will they empty the fridge for you if you asked? I always bring drink on board, then play the in out game with the fridge. I have in the past just stored the original contents in a box and placed it all back before leaving. No idea why i've never just asked them to take it away. 

To add to others no limit chat, I have a little pull along case just for this. If you opened it for a week there is  normally 2 bottles of fizz, I bottle gin various tonic, a small bottle of baileys and a couple of bottles of water and a OJ. Feel free to knock the door if you want a night cap! We don't drink "that" much there are  three of us in our cabin.  

When we boarded the QM2 in Southampton two weeks ago the fridge was already empty except for a bottle of Pol Acker and two Champagne glasses. There was a letter on the desk saying that you could have your fridge stocked, and specify with what items if you wanted, for a charge.

Jack

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 6:12 PM, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

On QM they emptied the fridge on request but stored it under the bed, which we discovered only when trying to put our luggage under there. CLANK!

On 5/25/2022 at 6:12 PM, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

On QM they emptied the fridge on request but stored it under the bed, which we discovered only when trying to put our luggage under there. CLANK!

True, but no one should be deterred.  Just slide the bin toward the head of the bed.  There is still tons of room.

4 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Anybody have a list of drink prices?  My husband likes a grey goose martini or double scotch.  Wondering what they charge?Thanks.

There is a recent price list in this thread

• Like 2