Bank of America credit card points

Has anyone ever had an issue with cashing in points from their BOA card and them not showing up in your Royal account?  I cashed in for the 150$ off the cruise, BOA shows them sent.  Thanks 

I cashed them in on April 20th.  So pretty close to a month ago.  Problem is my final payment is May 21st and I haven’t been able to get through to them.  It’s just not feasible to wait hours online to speak to someone.  

1 hour ago, sander05 said:

Has anyone ever had an issue with cashing in points from their BOA card and them not showing up in your Royal account?  I cashed in for the 150$ off the cruise, BOA shows them sent.  Thanks 

Did you do this online or call?   Asking as we called ours in last week for oasis 5/22 and they were visible by EOD. 

Our OBC from the rewards on our  BOA card were initially to be used on a  2020 cruise...that ended up being cancelled  due to the virus..  A BOA rep had helped us after RCI rep couldn't.  It  was re-applied to another RCI January 2022 cruise a B2B. The first leg of the  cruise  we cancelled now the reward is lost somewhere.    I unsuccessfully tried to regain the OBC or our points back.

10 hours ago, sander05 said:

Online…I have tried twice to call Royal and no luck getting through.  I’ll try calling BOA tomorrow and see what they say. 

My Cruise Rewards Desk 1-888-305-4626 - that's the number to call about points in case you didn't have it

4 hours ago, PokrChick said:

My Cruise Rewards Desk 1-888-305-4626 - that's the number to call about points in case you didn't have it

I agree here - you will need to call the cruise rewards desk.   BUT!  Make sure you have the redemption confirmation number from the royal caribbean site.  When I called, the agent walked me through how to see that on the Royal Caribbean site - as it is not the same number as on the BOA site.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

Hi all, where do you see the OBC applied on the Royal Caribbean account/website/app?  I redeemed some points 8/11/2022 and haven't been able to find anything on my cruise account showing the OBC applied.

Thank you!

Did you look at your cruise planner?  That’s where my BOA obc was.  When I made a purchase there, it asked if I wanted to use the obc first.

On 9/15/2022 at 7:54 AM, StephPS79 said:

Hi all, where do you see the OBC applied on the Royal Caribbean account/website/app?  I redeemed some points 8/11/2022 and haven't been able to find anything on my cruise account showing the OBC applied.

Thank you!

Mine showed up in my cruise planner 14 days before my cruise. 

8 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

Thanks for the info, everyone.  I don't see anything in my cruise planner for OBC, and did not get an updated invoice.  I'll give it until a little closer to the cruise (Oct. 30th), and then I'll call if not here.  Argh!

Yeah I wondered to but it came precisely at 14 days from embarkation.  I requested it 2 months out.

Agree with others, I have cashed points several times for free crusies, which are for window staterooms. Since we book a balcony or JS they discount the price based on the standard window stateroom and that credit does not show up until a short time prior until the past payment date is due. 

4 hours ago, flamingos said:

Question:  we are thinking of switching to the RCI reward program.  Are you generally happy with them?

Not Really. We keep thinking about switching to the BofA Travel Rewards card to have more flexibility with the points. But then we keep accumulating RCI points, and have cruises booked, so we keep applying them. It is kind of limiting, since other than cruises, we are not big credit card users. 

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Not Really. We keep thinking about switching to the BofA Travel Rewards card to have more flexibility with the points. But then we keep accumulating RCI points, and have cruises booked, so we keep applying them. It is kind of limiting, since other than cruises, we are not big credit card users. 

So your concern is that you cannot use the points for anything besides RCI?  That's why we want one.  

The card itself, the points system, those are adequate?

🙂