Premium suite benefits

Traderboy

Bring a copy of the above PDF with you, so you'll know what you should be getting.

We were recently in a Premium Suite and our steward apparently wasn't aware of the benefits.

Had to ask for almost everything on the list.

Some things weren't available.

We didn't get bathroom upgraded amenities, the glass of "bubbly" (didn't care, didn't ask for it), no flowers, and more.

Also, Club Class dining bkfst, lunch & dinner. Suite breakfast in either Crown Grill or Sabatini's.

AND first night specialty dining in the restaurant of your choice. We were told to "just show up" YMMV depending on the ship.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

49 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Bring a copy of the above PDF with you, so you'll know what you should be getting.

We were recently in a Premium Suite and our steward apparently wasn't aware of the benefits.

Had to ask for almost everything on the list.

Some things weren't available.

We didn't get bathroom upgraded amenities, the glass of "bubbly" (didn't care, didn't ask for it), no flowers, and more.

Also, Club Class dining bkfst, lunch & dinner. Suite breakfast in either Crown Grill or Sabatini's.

AND first night specialty dining in the restaurant of your choice. We were told to "just show up" YMMV depending on the ship.

Same on Discovery.  I really wanted those upgraded bathroom amenities (really sounds dumb but I did) and both my cabin steward (Andy, who was awesome!) and the Concierge (Francisco, who was OK) said I was wrong.  Only SKY SUITES got those.  (BTW - Did a Sky Suite tour and they had the full sized bottles of the $$$ stuff sold in the Spa).  No flowers, just some fake succulents in the room.  Got 2 bottles of bubbly, both ending up coming home with us (Mimosa anyone?)

38 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Same on Discovery.  I really wanted those upgraded bathroom amenities (really sounds dumb but I did) and both my cabin steward (Andy, who was awesome!) and the Concierge (Francisco, who was OK) said I was wrong.  Only SKY SUITES got those.  (BTW - Did a Sky Suite tour and they had the full sized bottles of the $$$ stuff sold in the Spa).  No flowers, just some fake succulents in the room.  Got 2 bottles of bubbly, both ending up coming home with us (Mimosa anyone?)

Oh, interesting.

did not get bottles of bubbly, only one glass on impress night

got canapés, chocolate covered strawberries 

big bottles soap etc

no orchid

2 green plants in cabin

bag laid out for laundry/ shoe polish

robes

most useless to us

did not do free photo

liked booking free specialty dinner on app pre cruise 

loved Sabatinis for breakfast

CC dining at lunch was nice & very few, people - quiet

so toured Sky suites, not my choice of location on ship

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

If the steward forgets ask for your two bottles of water every day. Collect them for port days they come in handy. Also you should get the dinner  menu in your suite which you can order dinner from, as a suite perk you can order room service from the full MDR menu.

You should receive a letter in your cabin at embarkation with the details of where and what hours the specialty dining room breakfast is (not to be missed) as well as the evening cocktail hour for elites & suites with (recently) pretty nice offerings. 

You could do Club Class breakfast but the specialty dining breakfast is nicer and they serve mimosas with fresh squeezed OJ.   You can ask for anything the ship has on board and they will get it for you, usually by the next morning.  

The MDR menus are not always automatically given. Tell you steward on the first day you’d like the lunch (sea days) & dinner menus before noon. I date them and save them by tucking them in a drawer. Ordering from the MDR is one of the very best perks.  If you can not get through to room service call the front desk and tell them you are not able to take advantage of this full suite perk and they will put you through and the phone will get picked up. 

The same day laundry is another priceless perk. I send in a few things every day. Ask your steward what time they need it by to get it back that night. I don’t send my super delicate clothes or anything I’d cry about if it was lost/damaged but pants, pjs, socks, shirts & basic underthings have always come back perfectly. I’ve used this service hundreds of times across a half dozen ships and never had a problem. Others may not agree but that’s been my experience. I always take a picture of what that days laundry is just in case my steward has to look for a lost item. 

I haven’t seen the actual pillow menu post pandemic but there is a wide variety to choose from. I really like the Dream Pillow & a body pillow. 

By default your sheets should be changed daily. I ask my steward to only change them every other day. 

Some stewards are more experienced than others, but they are always willing to learn and improve.  I know full suites already pay more in auto grats but I always tip my steward at the end of the sailing for a job well done. 

Welcome to the suite life as they say. 

22 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Attached is the most recent Suite Benefits PDF (I think).  Some things might or might not be available.

Suite eFlyer.pdf 455.12 kB · 66 downloads

Many thanks to Scooter6319 and everyone else who has helpfully replied..

I have one question about the Flyer which says:

• Complimentary Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite access on select ships* 

*Not available on Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, Golden Princess®, Grand Princess®, Pacific Princess®, Sun Princess® or Sea Princess®.

Since we are on Sky princess can anyone confirm that we will be allowed Complimentary Lotus spa Thermal Suite access.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

If the steward forgets ask for your two bottles of water every day. Collect them for port days they come in handy. Also you should get the dinner  menu in your suite which you can order dinner from, as a suite perk you can order room service from the full MDR menu.

We did get the water daily and free in concierge lounge & with Plu package.

menus on app & tv

50 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

I have one question about the Flyer which says:

• Complimentary Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite access on select ships* 

*Not available on Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, Golden Princess®, Grand Princess®, Pacific Princess®, Sun Princess® or Sea Princess®.

Since we are on Sky princess can anyone confirm that we will be allowed Complimentary Lotus spa Thermal Suite access.

We didn't on the Discovery.  I don't think you get free Thermal Spa access on any of the Royal class ships, but I could be wrong.