Spa pool and kids

disgirl

In the past, Celebrity has offered select times for families travelling with kids to use the covered spa pool, especially in cooler locations.  I am wondering if anyone has cruised recently can confirm if this is still happening.  I am travelling to Alaska with my 11 year old nephew.

Thanks so much!

15 minutes ago, disgirl said:

Perfect!  Thank you so much for your reply.  I appreciate it.  We will make the hours work if it is too cold for the main pool  🙂

If I remember correctly when we were on a cold cruise family time was something like 4 - 6 pm. I am sure it will vary depending on ship, number of sea days etc so hopefully a few others will relate their experience.

20 hours ago, disgirl said:

In the past, Celebrity has offered select times for families travelling with kids to use the covered spa pool, especially in cooler locations.  I am wondering if anyone has cruised recently can confirm if this is still happening.  I am travelling to Alaska with my 11 year old nephew.

Thanks so much!

There is no guarantee at all. I know it happens when the weather is inclement from time to time, but it has never happened when I have sailed. this includes Alaska. You will not know until you board. It's an occasional exception.

57 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

There is no guarantee at all. I know it happens when the weather is inclement from time to time, but it has never happened when I have sailed. this includes Alaska. You will not know until you board. It's an occasional exception.

This reflects our experience as well.  It was not a daily event and, on the one occasion when it occurred, was based on inclement weather.

We've sailed to Alaska on Celebrity at least 8 times.  On each and every one of those sailings there were at least some periods of time where the kids could use the solarium pool.  I do not recall the times but I believe it was in the afternoon.  On other sailings it sometimes happened and sometimes didn't but on all of our Alaska cruises it did.  

I think the fact the time is usually 4 - 6pm many guests don’t notice the family time taking place…most guests are in their suites or a bar recovering from excursions and then getting ready for dinner…

16 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We've sailed to Alaska on Celebrity at least 8 times.  On each and every one of those sailings there were at least some periods of time where the kids could use the solarium pool.  I do not recall the times but I believe it was in the afternoon.  On other sailings it sometimes happened and sometimes didn't but on all of our Alaska cruises it did.  

It may be more itinerary based as perhaps the Alaska itineraries have cooler or more inclement weather on a more frequent basis. 

I have seen also that it usually  between 4 and 6.    The place is basically empty as others have noted because of passengers prepping for dinner

Even though the time is 4 to 6.  I doubt that you couldn’t extend the time as the place is usually dead after 6.    Kids enjoy pools and it would be a shame that they couldn’t enjoy a few hours.  It would be like waving a bone in front of a dog but not giving it to them.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On our recent millennium cruise there was definitely a sign posted with family hours.  I don’t recall what they were, though.

On a Princess Alaska cruise, when the outdoor temp was in the 50’s, they opened the indoor adults only people to all ages for most of the day.

4 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I love being in the Solarium between about 4 and 7 precisely because few people are around. 😄 I could see letting kids in if it's inclement weather, but I would probably leave.

yup. People will complain if kids are in the solarium pool outside of any published hours or at on days without hours. 

In short, the OP should not set expectations with her nephew that there will be swimming. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark_K said:

On our recent millennium cruise there was definitely a sign posted with family hours.  I don’t recall what they were, though.

On a Princess Alaska cruise, when the outdoor temp was in the 50’s, they opened the indoor adults only people to all ages for most of the day.

That's Princess.  There are reasons why Celebrity is preferred over Princess and the solarium pool policy of all adults is one of them.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

yup. People will complain if kids are in the solarium pool outside of any published hours or at on days without hours. 

In short, the OP should not set expectations with her nephew that there will be swimming. 

21 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

That's Princess.  There are reasons why Celebrity is preferred over Princess and the solarium pool policy of all adults is one of them.

I agree. My expectation is that adult-only areas should remain child-free at all times. I have been in the solarium when kids are in the pool and the reverberation caused by the glass enclosures made the noise levels unbearable. We cruised on Celebrity several times when our daughter was younger, and had no expectation a child would be welcome in the solarium.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

His expectation is that it's alaska and he probably won't be swimming bc of the Temps.  

On 5/20/2022 at 8:57 AM, disgirl said:

Thanks so much!

If you go into the app, I don't know when but for reference my cruise is 2 Sept and I can do this on the app today, pull up activities/Spa Pool it will give you family hours.  On my cruise it looks like it is 11 AM - Noon and 4 PM - 7 PM with the Spa Pool being open 11 AM - 10 PM, according to the app.

26 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

If you go into the app, I don't know when but for reference my cruise is 2 Sept and I can do this on the app today, pull up activities/Spa Pool it will give you family hours.  On my cruise it looks like it is 11 AM - Noon and 4 PM - 7 PM with the Spa Pool being open 11 AM - 10 PM, according to the app.

The solarium pool hours are 7am -10pm. I don't think you are looking at the same thing.  What ship is this?

7 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

The solarium pool hours are 7am -10pm. I don't think you are looking at the same thing.  What ship is this?

Oops I was looking at day 1.  You are correct 7 AM - 10 PM

Edited by ScottC4746

9 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Thank you