New Update - Medallion Class App 5/20/22

Syracusefan44

14 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

I had to re-upload my vaccine information/card and my airline flight information.   The "onward" journey is not saving my information, the time of my departure flights keeps going back to "0" after I save it.   Argh

How are you loading a flight time?  In the new version, it asks Travel Type (so select Air), then Airline, type in your airline and then select it when showing in the drop down, and then the Flight Number, Departure Airport and Arrival Airport.  Times are not asked for (probably because they can look up flight schedules in an external database).

4 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Mine auto updated yesterday looks like. 

So I logged on.  So far, so good....

Then I tried to do something simple like check my Personal Info & Documents.

It spins Loading a bit, then for a an Instant, I see my Info!

Yippee....

Then it immed clicks to: "You do Not have any Journey Listed Select Link to Add one"

What?

I have about 10 cruises Listed.  They are all in there.

But TRY to do Anything,  and get that error message.

Tried logging in & out a few times?  Same thing.🤨

I wonder if this &*&^%##^ App was never designed to handle that many bookings at once.  It spins and spins in more than one area with a basic voyage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, karabear15 said:

Same...hopefully they will get it figured out, sooner rather than later.

Under travel checklist, click on personal information & documents...scroll down to the "suggested" box and there is a box for arrival and departure groups 🙂 

And now that it is in a "Suggested" section, perhaps indicates it doesn't really matter, so just show up at your convenience???

• Like 4

I have made a couple of posts about some of the changes and some new bugs noticed on the main thread for MC App which is at the top of the Princess Board as a "sticky" post.  Here are the links to Posts 3140 & 3141.  I'd suggest going there to reply to either one:

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Where on Earth are you seeing this page above?  A 4.6 rating???!!!???  IN THEIR DREAMS!!!

I see that on the Apple App Store…think their staff must be stuffing the ballot box! Looking at reviews for the past 2 months nearly all are 1.

• Haha 1

I’m surprised at the negative comments regarding the medallion app. By no means am I a techy but I love the app. I’ll soon be on my 3rd cruise since the app has been implemented and it’s been very positive. 
For those who have not cruised with it yet, you may be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to use once you get on board and get the hang of it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dreamer333 said:

I’m surprised at the negative comments regarding the medallion app. By no means am I a techy but I love the app. I’ll soon be on my 3rd cruise since the app has been implemented and it’s been very positive. 
For those who have not cruised with it yet, you may be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to use once you get on board and get the hang of it. 

Don't be.  Worked better back in 2019, apparently the IT folks have new "features" that they keep putting in.  Just got of the CP,  was "natrocious" (basically unusable).  

Cheers

• Like 1

This is the 3rd cruise we have done using Medallion App the first being pre pandemic and it has never worked consistently if at all on any of them and IMO is totally useless and should be dumped. Unfortunately Princess will not do this they will persist with an inept Medallion rather than admit that they are wrong. Our next cruise is 2nd June had new update this week and now I was in Green Lane but now in Blue Lane and says I have not booked my arrival group which I booked weeks ago. Tried to rebook arrival group and says it is not available only group available is group C and wife is in group A. Totally useless piece of equipment.

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

This is the 3rd cruise we have done using Medallion App the first being pre pandemic and it has never worked consistently if at all on any of them and IMO is totally useless and should be dumped. Unfortunately Princess will not do this they will persist with an inept Medallion rather than admit that they are wrong. Our next cruise is 2nd June had new update this week and now I was in Green Lane but now in Blue Lane and says I have not booked my arrival group which I booked weeks ago. Tried to rebook arrival group and says it is not available only group available is group C and wife is in group A. Totally useless piece of equipment.

What is the worst is that it’s inconsistent.

I haven’t had issues using it before or during a cruise.

Those with issues, I’m sure it’s frustrating but for those of us who it works for  it’s actually a nice feature. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dreamer333 said:

Satisfaction level may depend on what digital device you are using for the App.

Using the latest Apple device with oodles of memory seems to have a 100% satisfaction.

Using a couple of years old Android device with 32K memory, well, not so much satisfaction.

What device are you using?

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How are you loading a flight time?  In the new version, it asks Travel Type (so select Air), then Airline, type in your airline and then select it when showing in the drop down, and then the Flight Number, Departure Airport and Arrival Airport.  Times are not asked for (probably because they can look up flight schedules in an external database).

Maybe that is my problem......I'm only having issues with my "onward" flight.   I selected "Princess Transfer" and not "Air".   The wording is pretty bad on the app, why not just use "departing flight" instead of "onward"?  Most people get "arrival" and "departure" as commonly used at airports.     I'll try that and see how it works (after I finish charging my phone)....it sucked my juice real fast yesterday trying to dink around with it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, caribill said:

Using the latest Apple device with oodles of memory seems to have a 100% satisfaction.

Using a couple of years old Android device with 32K memory, well, not so much satisfaction.

I guess I'm lucky. I've been able to book dining all the way through our 2024 cruises. Some days you get the circle of doom, other days it works great. Cruise next Saturday, still green and clean.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, caribill said:

If that is the case then Princes should remember not everyone in the world uses Apple phones and those with Android are not going to upgrade their phones all the time just so they can use it on Princess. The issues I am currently having on my phone which is Android have all appeared since the upgrade this week when until then everything was Ok but now has gone to pot for my cruise on 2nd June. Always thought the idea of upgrades was to fix bugs not to cause them but Princess always seem to have massive problems with the App after every upgrade.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dreamer333 said:

It's been said many times on Princess threads here that the on-board experience with the MC App is an entirely different experience than the pre-cruise functionality.  Much of the pre-cruise stuff existed before Covid and is just re-designed, but there is no question that many folks experience on-board challenges as well which could be DMW issues and also could fall into general system issues. 

So, I hope we have a better on- board experience as well, but it is far far from a love affair in terms of the pre-cruise experience.  Yes, it generally works, but has a lot of problems.

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

see edited post #43

I the past, the Apple and Android version numbers have not aligned at all - completely different series.  Not too long ago, I had noticed from other posts that the Apple version number format now aligns with the Android version format, but I am not sure they should or are exactly in sync.

The new Android version out in the past several days is 3.0.102003 (so Android just changed from a '9' in front of last section to a '10'.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Same here - both early this morning (DMW was offline altogether) nd now late at night.  Will try again.

Personally, I don't want to encourage another MC App or DMW thread to continue growth when we have two dedicated "sticky" threads at the top of the Princess Board.  I am recording an update to DMW experience this morning on the DMW thread.  It should be posted in several minutes.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Both my husband and I have iPhone 12s with lots of memory and have many problems both pre-cruise and during the cruise. I have not been able to figure out why some have no problems and others have lots of issues but I know it isn’t as simple as a newer device with plenty of memory. 

• Like 1