5 Skies Production show- yay or nay?!

johnnylikely

Just came off Enchanted Princess and when I saw the poster for 5 Skies I knew I had to watch it. And it blew me away- it's very edgy, HD screen esque computer game theme style production show with music from Gaga to Imagine Dragons and Little Mix. A ton of money must've been spent on it!

I absolutely loved it as it was right up my street!

But I have to wonder if the typical cruise demographic would like/appreciate it.

A small sample on Facebook and the majority of the people did NOT like it... Oops!

I wonder Princess' thinking behind it... To attract a younger demographic more in line with RCCL?

I say- more please lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Just came off Enchanted Princess and when I saw the poster for 5 Skies I knew I had to watch it. And it blew me away- it's very edgy, HD screen esque computer game theme style production show with music from Gaga to Imagine Dragons and Little Mix. A ton of money must've been spent on it!

I absolutely loved it as it was right up my street!

But I have to wonder if the typical cruise demographic would like/appreciate it.

A small sample on Facebook and the majority of the people did NOT like it... Oops!

I wonder Princess' thinking behind it... To attract a younger demographic more in line with RCCL?

I say- more please lol

First I am reading about this new show.  It looks good on paper.  I am ready for some new shows and not the old ones again.  But it seems the newest ships are getting the newest shows.  No idea what REGAL is going to have in Europe by Fall - nor Island for that matter.  But that's okay, if the show doesn't appeal, there are other things to see and do.  

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

First I am reading about this new show.  It looks good on paper.  I am ready for some new shows and not the old ones again.  But it seems the newest ships are getting the newest shows.  No idea what REGAL is going to have in Europe by Fall - nor Island for that matter. 

It looks like this new show requires technology that does not exist except on the newest ships.

11 minutes ago, caribill said:

It looks like this new show requires technology that does not exist except on the newest ships.

Perhaps, they spent big bucks to install some new equipment, but seems like other Royal Class ships should be able to handle it with some upgrade perhaps.  Anyway, money is tight.

Amazing show - saw it on Sky Princess earlier in the year. In my opinion, the best show Princess has done. Not sure it’s to everyone’s taste though - an older couple walked out within a couple of minutes which was a shame as they missed a treat. Hoping to see it again on Enchanted Princess in August.

• Like 1

Completely agree with the OP - we don't usually like Production Shows but my other half is a gamer and this pressed all our buttons when we saw it on Enchanted last week  The songs chosen were a bit random but the lead man had a wonderful voice. Did wonder if it would appeal to the traditional audience too. We  also say more please, it was so cool!

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

We saw “5 Skies” on the Sky Princess in January, 2020.  My friend and I (68 and 69) really enjoyed it.  We liked it WAY more than we thought we would. I will be on the Sky again in January, and I look forward to seeing it again.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dides said:

Completely agree with the OP - we don't usually like Production Shows but my other half is a gamer and this pressed all our buttons when we saw it on Enchanted last week  The songs chosen were a bit random but the lead man had a wonderful voice. Did wonder if it would appeal to the traditional audience too. We  also say more please, it was so cool!

Haha, I think there must a link- for example when the gamer is in the butterfly segment - it's 'Wings' by LIttle Mix lol

Yes yes! I believe it's only on Enchanted/Sky Princess.

I thought they missed a trick saying he needed to get to the Sky princess not the Enchanted Princess but i guess the amount of work needed was too much.

Defo more Royal Caribbean style- I loved Spectra's Cabaret on the Anthem! But even then people walked out!