Amsterdam Taxi

4 hours ago, Nang said:

For future reference if you need to translate, right click in the text and a pop box will appear. Just click on English and it will be translated. No need to select text, just right click in it anywhere This is what I did to your post quoted here to turn it into English.

What browser? It doesn't seem to work in Firefox.

4 hours ago, gnome12 said:

What browser? It doesn't seem to work in Firefox.

I use chrome. Its actually a multi step process. I right click in what your wrote and a pop up appears with a quite a few options to choose. Click on translate and another pop up appears in which you can choose which language you want by clicking on the dots and them selecting the preferred language. English is the default for me. Then click on the translate box.

59 minutes ago, Nang said:

I use chrome. Its actually a multi step process. I right click in what your wrote and a pop up appears with a quite a few options to choose. Click on translate and another pop up appears in which you can choose which language you want by clicking on the dots and them selecting the preferred language. English is the default for me. Then click on the translate box.

Opening Google Translate is probably easier. Just put the text into the box, and it will usually figure out what language it is in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

Does anyone know of Amsterdam Taxi service or Transport service that would take us from.our lodging in Jordaan area of Amsterdam to Rotterdam Cruise Terminal?

That might be expensive, but I am sure any taxi service will do that. Just mail the ones I mentoned in an earlier post with your request.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, Larainerenee said:

I went to this website and booked. I had a few questions and emailed them from the contact link on their website; no response. I received a pdf confirmation from them in Dutch and asked for a translation. No response. I tried emailing the address on the website; address bounced back. I was concerned about not hearing back so I booked with another company. They are 42eros from airport to the Marriott.

Can you tell me the name of the taxi company you booked?  I will be needing one in October and I'm trying to see how much they are all charging.

We were just recently cruising in/out of Amsterdam. Plenty of taxi's lined up at AMS really no reason to feel the need to pre-reserve. We used one to get to our hotel then the hotel called one for us to get to the cruise port then again plenty lined up for our return cruise end day to get back to AMS.

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

We were just recently cruising in/out of Amsterdam. Plenty of taxi's lined up at AMS really no reason to feel the need to pre-reserve. We used one to get to our hotel then the hotel called one for us to get to the cruise port then again plenty lined up for our return cruise end day to get back to AMS.

Thanks for the Taxi info. We will be 3 adults traveling to Amsterdam next August. What form of payment can we use? Euro, USD or Credit card? 

1 hour ago, Dorh said:

Thanks for the Taxi info. We will be 3 adults traveling to Amsterdam next August. What form of payment can we use? Euro, USD or Credit card? 

Euro or creditcard. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dorh said:

We found it easy to just use the Euros we brought with us. There was only one small sandwich place we used during our 3 pre-cruise days that would not take cash.

3 hours ago, dwtravels43 said:

I am not sure as what tips might be expected for taxis or porters in Europe. Could someone please advise?  

We just rounded up with the Euros we had....this seemed to work out fine.

Uber works so well in Amsterdam and is cheaper than taxi service. Prearranging is way too much work as Ubers are everywhere. We used Uber about 10 times last week in Amsterdam and never waited more than 5 minutes for a ride. Save your time , stress and money and just use Uber. 

On 7/3/2022 at 11:19 PM, Ine said:

They are but not at the terminal. As far as I know they pick up at or near the parking area at the Sheraton airport hotel. 

May I ask about bus 397 from airport to the end of the line(staying at Hotel Weichman) -how do you pay? Is it easy to find the bus stop? I only have 1 carryon so I don't mind walking if I have to

4 hours ago, victory2020 said:

May I ask about bus 397 from airport to the end of the line(staying at Hotel Weichman) -how do you pay? Is it easy to find the bus stop? I only have 1 carryon so I don't mind walking if I have to

•    From the bus driver. Simply pay with a debit or credit card. Cash payment is not possible.
•    At the mobile ticketoffice (central square outside Schiphol Plaza) daily 9:00-18:00hrs.

The Amsterdam Airport Express departs from bus stop B17. When you exit Schiphol Plaza and walk to the right you will come across bus stop B17. You can see the route from Schiphol to the bus stop on the map. Bus 397 departs every 7.5 minutes from bus stop B17. At night you can take Niteliner N97every 30 minutes.

8 hours ago, Ine said:

•    From the bus driver. Simply pay with a debit or credit card. Cash payment is not possible.
•    At the mobile ticketoffice (central square outside Schiphol Plaza) daily 9:00-18:00hrs.

The Amsterdam Airport Express departs from bus stop B17. When you exit Schiphol Plaza and walk to the right you will come across bus stop B17. You can see the route from Schiphol to the bus stop on the map. Bus 397 departs every 7.5 minutes from bus stop B17. At night you can take Niteliner N97every 30 minutes.

Thank you  so much!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 10:40 PM, XuGator said:

Uber works so well in Amsterdam and is cheaper than taxi service. Prearranging is way too much work as Ubers are everywhere. We used Uber about 10 times last week in Amsterdam and never waited more than 5 minutes for a ride. Save your time , stress and money and just use Uber. 

So do you think it would be cheaper to Uber from my hotel near the cruise port to the airport?  

6 hours ago, robin13 said:

So do you think it would be cheaper to Uber from my hotel near the cruise port to the airport?  

Absolutely. Not only cheaper but more convenient as well. Open the Uber app now from home and change the pickup spot to your Amsterdam hotel and enter AMS as the destination and it will tell you the wait time and price. 

4 hours ago, XuGator said:

Absolutely. Not only cheaper but more convenient as well. Open the Uber app now from home and change the pickup spot to your Amsterdam hotel and enter AMS as the destination and it will tell you the wait time and price. 

Cool!!  Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, XuGator said:

I did this from movenpick which is right next door to the port. 31 bucks 40F790DA-5273-453C-9E0D-4B95A5CAAE97.thumb.png.99158399634adc1c3f5d44898ebb4766.png

Excellent!  I'm just hoping there is an Uber at 6:30am as I want to get to the airport 4 hours before.  I think I can preorder one if I'm remembering correctly. Do you know for sure?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robin13 said:

Excellent!  I'm just hoping there is an Uber at 6:30am as I want to get to the airport 4 hours before.  I think I can preorder one if I'm remembering correctly. Do you know for sure?

Yeah , just click the clock that is circled in screenshot below and change to the date and time to 6:30am. I did this for an AMS ride tomorrow at 6:30 am and price goes up a little to 43 for this option which is still cheaper than taxi. D873E48E-E9EC-4A16-9AE3-6C4060953A89.thumb.jpeg.2dfa16f968a18531e7f5fc19705fae33.jpeg