What would you bring in a "Covid Kit"?

pauon

9 hours ago, suzyed said:

Coral Princess

Glad there were some positives on that trip! What a crazy time that was in our world.

We all thing of the Diamond Princess and I think the Ruby Princess but I had forgotten about this ship and it's issues. If I remember correctly - some tried to disembark somewhere in South America and fly home but it didn't work or something like that. 

Edited by Coral

7 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Currently in quarantine on the Ruby. The ship is providing Tylenol, sudafed, cough syrup, and throat lozenges complimentary. They just brought us more cough syrup today when we needed more. I wished I had packed my Kleenex from home. I went through a couple of boxes of the terrible cheap stuff and they brought us two big boxes of actual Kleenex brand tissue. My nose had already taken the hit though. I wish I had aquaphor for my nose. And some comfy clothes, not just pajamas. I wished I had packed some of my essential oils. I had sinus pressure so bad the first day my teeth hurt. Oils usually help me with that. 

Other than that you have to have what makes you comfortable away from home. Our ship crew has been amazing and have been taking excellent care of us. We get calls daily sometimes twice to check on us. I have zero complaints thus far! 

Thank you for the info, this is some of the best info yet.  I never thought to ask what is being provided on the ship if your in quarantine.  So sorry and hope you are getting better !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If anyone has any packets of Gatorade will you please check to see how long before the product expires? I want to order some but I don’t want it to expire before I get to cruise again. Thanks so much.

Being that they are a non-perishable they have a LONG shelf life. Years.

Things like that are good 18-24 mos. after best by date if sealed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After reading these posts, I decided to get the powder Gatorade.

amazon sells 5 packages of 10 packets each - 50 total packets for 14.99 (or 2.99 each box)

i went to Walmart today and paid $1.98 for 10 packets - so 50 packets (or five boxes) would cost $9.90

I bought 3 boxes of Gatorade and one box of Propel.  Different flavors and they both had expiration dates of Feb 2023

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roxievegas said:

After reading these posts, I decided to get the powder Gatorade.

amazon sells 5 packages of 10 packets each - 50 total packets for 14.99 (or 2.99 each box)

i went to Walmart today and paid $1.98 for 10 packets - so 50 packets (or five boxes) would cost $9.90

I bought 3 boxes of Gatorade and one box of Propel.  Different flavors and they both had expiration dates of Feb 2023

What flavors were you able to find?

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What flavors were you able to find?

propel = strawberry lemonade - they had three or four others  which also has the electrolytes

Gatorade - only had two - orange and glacier freeze

go to walmart.com and they sell them online

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:07 AM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Currently in quarantine on the Ruby. The ship is providing Tylenol, sudafed, cough syrup, and throat lozenges complimentary. They just brought us more cough syrup today when we needed more. I wished I had packed my Kleenex from home. I went through a couple of boxes of the terrible cheap stuff and they brought us two big boxes of actual Kleenex brand tissue. My nose had already taken the hit though. I wish I had aquaphor for my nose. And some comfy clothes, not just pajamas. I wished I had packed some of my essential oils. I had sinus pressure so bad the first day my teeth hurt. Oils usually help me with that. 

Other than that you have to have what makes you comfortable away from home. Our ship crew has been amazing and have been taking excellent care of us. We get calls daily sometimes twice to check on us. I have zero complaints thus far! 

Hope you get well soon!! And thank you for sharing your experience in quarantine. Glad it’s been good so far with the crew. There are posts from other cruisers in quarantine that said that they felt forgotten but it’s good to know that it’s not always the case.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:39 PM, ladychater said:

Puffs (or other lotion-included) tissues. 

I dont travel anywhere or treat a cold without Boogie Wipes (sorry thats the name of them). 

They are used for babies, found in the baby section, and have saved my nose many times from that red; nasty rawness you get when you have a cold. 

They are wipes with saline - a life saver in my book.  

I should own stock in the product....LOL 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

I dont travel anywhere or treat a cold without Boogie Wipes (sorry thats the name of them). 

They are used for babies, found in the baby section, and have saved my nose many times from that red; nasty rawness you get when you have a cold. 

They are wipes with saline - a life saver in my book.  

I should own stock in the product....LOL 

I totally forgot about the Boogie Wipes. Thanks!

On 5/22/2022 at 3:39 PM, ladychater said:

Puffs (or other lotion-included) tissues.

Even when I was "poor," I made sure to have a box of those w/lotion just in case I got sick.  If I use a couple of the regular stuff, my nose is done for.

On 5/28/2022 at 12:07 AM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I wish I had aquaphor for my nose. 

Our ship crew has been amazing and have been taking excellent care of us. We get calls daily sometimes twice to check on us. I have zero complaints thus far! 

I'm adding aquaphor!  I'm glad you're having good experience... I've been concerned about all problems I'm reading about.  Speedy recovery to you (I just got over mine last week).

• Like 1

I am adding covid test kits.

I ordered from USPS for the free kits and we are getting 2 boxes - four tests in each.  These we are taking on our cruise leaving June 9th - 10 days

I also went to CVS pharmacy and got 2 boxes - 2 tests in each for our trip we are leaving on tomorrow.

(not cruise).  We are going to visit relatives out of state and want to test before going over to see some of the older "ones".  

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, JaneRetired said:

I packed a Go Bag similar to my Earthquake Go Bag for an 15 day April 2022 Transatlantic cruise. I read a lot of first hand stories from January - April 2022 here on CC, and based my purchases on those reports. Most were travel size or a dozen or so bubble packs of things like Nyquil caplets)

Small 30 piece Travel first Aid Kit with antibacterial wipes, pads and bandages. Additional antibacterial wipes.

A dozen each Dayquil and Nyquil capsules, Tylenol, 2 weeks addl  vitamins (no medications yet for me)

Pepto Bismol, Imodium and Tums

Ayr Saline Nasal Gel and spray, Ricola lozenges

Systane eye drops

TheraZinc lozenges and Zicam nasal swabs

Vicks and chapstick

Lotion, toothpaste/toothbrush travel kit.

Scissors, nail file, tweezers, eyeglasses repair kit

Lavendar facial wipes, other gentle wipes, gentle travel sized Kleenex.

Blue Nitrile gloves, throw away sponges for room cleaning (some Q ppl people had toilet issues, when no one could come into their cabin to clean the toilet, and it was the worst part of Q for that person)

Ziploc plastic bags for trash, travel size dish soap for possible dish cleaning.

Salt, pepper, sriacha, a few energy bars,, wrapped Biscoff cookies from the flight, herbal tea bags.

Kindle loaded with fun books, addresses and important docs stored/accessinble in LastPass or Dropbox. Newspapers and so forth on updated apps on phone/links on laptop. All passwords stored safely on Lastpass!

Thera-bands for stretching exercises/stress relief

All these fit into a 10x7x4 inch clear cosmetic zipper bag. 

We travel with 2 sets of electronic charger gear anyway so one set each should one get sent to Q, which didn't happen. 2 of 20ppl (small travel group) tested positive on ship, and were quarantined and their closer contacts (another 6) were tested for 5 days and 4 more tested positive sometime between cruise debarcation and home.

On ship, I set aside 2 sets of cutlery, coffee cup, wine glasses, one plate right away. Luckily not needed, but now I have a nice 10x7x4 clear zipper ready-to-go travel bag, suitable for any trip!! It's with my Earthquake bag, which has batteries, socks, flashlight, flip flops. notepad and pen.

I'd be over my weight limit for baggage without even putting in clothes if I packed all that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, roxievegas said:

I am adding covid test kits.

I ordered from USPS for the free kits and we are getting 2 boxes - four tests in each.  These we are taking on our cruise leaving June 9th - 10 days

I also went to CVS pharmacy and got 2 boxes - 2 tests in each for our trip we are leaving on tomorrow.

(not cruise).  We are going to visit relatives out of state and want to test before going over to see some of the older "ones".  

I just received the test kits from the USPS and they expire on 7/26/22.  I’m surprised they expire so soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I just received the test kits from the USPS and they expire on 7/26/22.  I’m surprised they expire so soon.

It might be why they are free ... well, not really free but paid for by the US taxpayer.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It might be why they are free ... well, not really free but paid for by the US taxpayer.  

If you look on-line at the FDA web-site, you can find that they extended the expiration  date by 3 months. This is the iHealth, correct?

• Thanks 2

Love the iHealth test kits. I could use them with my eyes closed. We have 6 or 8 on hand all the time, and use them before parties and gatherings when we’ll be with older or health compromised people (or non-health compromised people with big events coming up themselves).  

• Like 3