Family veranda stateroom - move up offer

jtslattery

What am I missing? We currently have a veranda stateroom for the two of us.

several other family on cruise so it would be nice to have a gathering point.

Move up offer is to a family veranda stateroom for 200-500.

seems like a lot more room for a reasonable offer. What am I missing?

What ship as M class FVs are different than S class FVs? 

The FVs are considered to be the highest class of regular balcony categories.  The FVs have more space and are furnished to sleep 4 people.

On M class (12 FVs per ship), they are located at the back of the ship--they overlook the stern.  Their balconies are very large which is a nice place to view the ship's wake from.

On S-class (4 FVs per ship), they are located at the front of the ship.  Their balconies are smaller than on M class but they possess way more cabin space.  Being up front means that there is more noise from the bow thrusters or the anchor when the ship is pulling into pport.

Being all the way up front or all the way in the back of the ship is not for everyone.  However they are very nice cabins.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jtslattery said:

Move up offer is to a family veranda stateroom for 200-500.

seems like a lot more room for a reasonable offer. What am I missing?

Only one bathroom.

The attached photos were taken on Infinity in 2013 (M class).

We managed to upgrade in June for an October TA, as families don’t often do TA’s.

272608CF-3A4B-40EE-B8E7-36E2817DCC66.thumb.jpeg.8ff59e12e113c041b3e8c129c4405ff5.jpeg

F5174FE0-1037-47A3-882D-1E9535CC7839.thumb.jpeg.5780631930c343623866780c5beb570c.jpeg

8ACB3889-CCFE-4510-87EA-EB8E48C1F81E.thumb.jpeg.e7f0add2a118fe7150e6b9275918c577.jpeg

2F93509A-1F8F-4DF0-A1DD-3237455A2973.thumb.jpeg.66b2a478a2f8025e7be6c6a77bab2501.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

The Reflection Family Verandas do not look like the photos above.  Those are from a corner FV on a M class ship.

The FVs on S class are at the very front of the ship, 2 on deck 7 & 2 on deck 8.  The balconies are not very large.  
The cabin has a enclosed bedroom and a small bunk room.  Quite a bit of interior space but not a lot of extra seating.

Edited by jelayne

29 minutes ago, jtslattery said:

We are on the Reflection. There are only 2 of us. Do they perhaps multiply the bid by 4 instead of 2? 

Yes, the photos posted by upwarduk are for M class FVs.  They are different than the Reflection FVs.

The good news is that the Reflection FVs--which we have stayed in one---are extremely well furnished. 

The only downside to me is that when you do a move up offer, you do not know in advance which of the 4 FVs you will be assigned.  The 2 FVs on Deck 7 do not have very nice balconies (in fact they are worse than the balconies on a normal balcony cabin). The reason that they are not very nice is that the part of the view from the balcony is obstructed by the metal of the ship.  It is hard to describe.  The overall effect is that two people standing on the balcony will result in one person having a view and the other will not.  They both can get a view if seated.

The 2 FVs on Dec 8 have very nice balconies and do not have this problem.  In fact they are larger and better than the balconies on a normal balcony cabin.

The Deck 8 FVs cabin space is larger than Deck 7 FVs as well, but that is not a big deal since they are all blessed with a lot of cabin space.

The Reflection FVs have are blessed with having 2 large windows that overlook the bow of the ship and the sliding glass doors for the balcony which give you two completely different views like a corner hotel room would have.

The photos and drawing are for FV 8107 aboard Reflection (Jan 2019).

image.jpeg.0c7df283bd8cc1a7757dbf90864e5990.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.838a58593929ecd77709f496e845c9dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.87f82d1b0de0642c3120cf5807daa9f1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.41b1e97bd9a05ee99c917d52e7967f91.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, jtslattery said:

We are on the Reflection. There are only 2 of us. Do they perhaps multiply the bid by 4 instead of 2? 

No, just two. Even is you currently have a booking with 3 or 4 passengers, you will only pay the move up fee for the first two passengers.  

We had a Fv on the Silhouette transatlantic,never again as it was at the front and when it was stormy we slept outside guest relations three nights .The waves went underneath then every 5 minutes there was an almighty bang as we went down.When the bow thrusters were used the cabin felt like itwas falling apart!

we've just returned from 7 days on Eclipse in a FV  on deck 8 - just the two of us - it was massive - the balcony was larger too. i dont normally feel the movement on the ship as we normally go for midship but i took advantage of a glitch/error on the celebrity uk website one morning and got this cabin for an absolutely ridiculous price - however i could definitely feel the movement on the first morning - it was so bad that i didnt think i was going to be able to last the week - but then it wasnt as rough after that and i hardly felt it. it is a long walk to the MDR or Ocean View end of the ship, didn't bother my hubby but i started to get fed up of having to traipse through the ship each time. If you can get it at a good price then its probably worth it for the extra space, but think we will go back to midship for next cruises. Didnt hear any noise though- except when the captain was sounding the fog horn all through the night - not sure whether everyone heard this as much as us as i dont know where it is 🙂

Edited by jojo1966
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

we've just returned from 7 days on Eclipse in a FV  on deck 8 - just the two of us - it was massive - the balcony was larger too. i dont normally feel the movement on the ship as we normally go for midship but i took advantage of a glitch/error on the celebrity uk website one morning and got this cabin for an absolutely ridiculous price - however i could definitely feel the movement on the first morning - it was so bad that i didnt think i was going to be able to last the week - but then it wasnt as rough after that and i hardly felt it. it is a long walk to the MDR or Ocean View end of the ship, didn't bother my hubby but i started to get fed up of having to traipse through the ship each time. If you can get it at a good price then its probably worth it for the extra space, but think we will go back to midship for next cruises. Didnt hear any noise though- except when the captain was sounding the fog horn all through the night - not sure whether everyone heard this as much as us as i dont know where it is 🙂

On the other hand, the walk to the Celebrity Theater, gym/spa, and Sky Lounge is very short!

Really not missing anything.   Remember the 200-500 is per person.   Also they offer many upgrades that don't exist in case of a last minute cancellation.    If it' worth 400-1,000 to you go for it as I'm sure it will be a lot more comfortable.

I was able to book a family verandah on Summit in December for only two people two weeks ago. It’s a pre-holiday sailing so I’m assuming they’re not expecting many children or families. They had previously been sold out of aft facing cabins on these sailings so I was ecstatic to not only have my ideal cabin placement, but larger room and balcony. Love love love Summit. Will be our 4th time 

Edited by donna1009
  • Like 1