Favorite class of ship?

d12j28

What's your favorite class of Carnival ship?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite class of Carnival ship?

I'm leaving on the Spirit tomorrow, which I chose because I liked the gaudy tacky weirdness of the Miracle. On Carnival, I want the smallest ship, especially at full capacity, so before Covid I only went on Inspiration/Imagination (RIP). I like spaces near the water, so the outside wooden deck is nice, despite hordes of dining room crew smokers, and the little hidden walkway around the theater is also a nice place to sit and watch the water. I like the big deck 1 theater for comedy shows, especially during Covid, and having one covered and one uncovered pool area is nice for Alaska. I'm looking forward to trying the Radiance, after its rebirth, which will probably be impressive but not as much fun. The only thing I really dislike about the Spirit class, other than being overwhelmed by pinks and purples, is the ugly backlit signage. But otherwise, the Spirit class and the Farcus designs make a nostalgic change from the sameness of other ships, especially on HAL, Princess, and the newer NCL ships. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Wharever the Legend is, Spirit class I think.

Much, MUCH , better than any other class I have been on. (I think Mardi Gras is the only one  I haven't been on yet)

Space on board per passenger was amazing.

Never felt crowded like you do on the newer ships.

Completely agree. On Spirit class, it's nice to be able to sit alone or with someone else. Those places are all over the ship. 

We've sailed on 2 of the conquest class ship and enjoyed them, but looking forward to trying the Spirit in Alaska (July) and the Dream next spring!  Sounds like those 3 classes are the favorites.

It's been awhile, but I don't remember being impressed with the fantasy class (Elation).

Edited by scrotser
  • Like 1

Dream class.  Love the Ocean Plaza (breakfast, activities, dancing), and Vista is bigger than we like. I think Dream class may have been one of the first to have Guy's Burgers, and that was (still is) a necessity.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, rj59 said:

The only thing I really dislike about the Spirit class, other than being overwhelmed by pinks and purples, is the ugly backlit signage.

You're funny, we aren't that picky. The only decor on any ship that made a memorable impression for me was NCL Getaway's awesome atrium and The Jungle Room (Carnival or Princess,? near the teen club, can't recall was a long hall with a lot of windows, we loved the area and my kiddo liked the decor), nothing else has been memorable enough for it to stick in my head. I do like smaller ships because they're less people-y. I do like all the stuff going on with the larger ships but by the end of a 7 day with a ton of people I'm getting pretty annoyed by all the traffic and crowding. I'm looking at Carnival Panorama's Atrium... I do find it a little tacky compared to NCL Getaway, but also don't super care haha.

Edited by oyme

51 minutes ago, oyme said:

You're funny, we aren't that picky. The only decor on any ship that made a memorable impression for me was NCL Getaway's awesome atrium and The Jungle Room (Carnival or Princess,? near the teen club, can't recall was a long hall with a lot of windows, we loved the area and my kiddo liked the decor), nothing else has been memorable enough for it to stick in my head. I do like smaller ships because they're less people-y. I do like all the stuff going on with the larger ships but by the end of a 7 day with a ton of people I'm getting pretty annoyed by all the traffic and crowding. I'm looking at Carnival Panorama's Atrium... I do find it a little tacky compared to NCL Getaway, but also don't super care haha.

Here you go  

20220510_211410.jpg

• Like 1

unfortunately in order to keep the Spirit class in the fleet long term they will need to become more crowded in order to generate the revenue like the newer mega ships generate.  I remember back when COVID started there was talk about how the Mardi Gras type ships break even about 1/3 capacity but Spirit/Fantasy class ships don't break even till over 50% capacity.  So we would expect the Spirit class to be eventually "sunshined" AKA ruined.  Say goodbye to the Deck 1 lounge so they can cram in more rooms.  Say goodbye to the 3rd level of the main theater for even more rooms.  Expect Cloud 9 spa rooms to be shoehorned in somewhere to generate more revenue.  Also could see 1 of the 3 pools removed, since these ships have 3 pools and a waterworks.  Not even the Mardi Gras has that much water.

Edited by bstel

39 minutes ago, bstel said:

unfortunately in order to keep the Spirit class in the fleet long term they will need to become more crowded in order to generate the revenue like the newer mega ships generate.  I remember back when COVID started there was talk about how the Mardi Gras type ships break even about 1/3 capacity but Spirit/Fantasy class ships don't break even till over 50% capacity.  So we would expect the Spirit class to be eventually "sunshined" AKA ruined.  Say goodbye to the Deck 1 lounge so they can cram in more rooms.  Say goodbye to the 3rd level of the main theater for even more rooms.  Expect Cloud 9 spa rooms to be shoehorned in somewhere to generate more revenue.  Also could see 1 of the 3 pools removed, since these ships have 3 pools and a waterworks.  Not even the Mardi Gras has that much water.

Given some trends, I’d say the pandemic saved the Spirit class from modifications as without the pause they probably would have already announced the first for retrofit.

4 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

it is a tossup between the spirit class and the vista class for me. The spirit class has great pax flow and a decent layout. Vista class for the havana area and the cabana cabins. 

I didnt think about Havana.  The back pool on Spirit class would make a good Havana pool and then use the rooms under it for the Havana cabins.  

13 hours ago, mowogo said:

Given some trends, I’d say the pandemic saved the Spirit class from modifications as without the pause they probably would have already announced the first for retrofit.

I would agree.

On 5/25/2022 at 2:47 AM, Linsuesue said:

I am drawn to the quirky cabins- French door,

I think the 4K interior rooms on the Spirit class now have floor to ceiling windows instead of French doors. It's still a small view blocked by a lifeboat but no more fresh air.

For raw layout I'll take the Spirit class.  It's the least crowded feeling class in the fleet.

For features and overall visual design I'll go Vista class.  (Haven't sailed Excell class yet).

My least favorite so far has been Dream class.  To me, they feel crowded, but offer little extra in amenities than the much older members of the fleet.

I have been So So lucky, all we have had here in Australia. (Ok Splendor just for 2.5 months) Has been Spirit Class, ships. So have had 23 cruises on them. 

People mention the space, yes hidden spots Deck 3 forward, Deck 3 wooden outside deck, Deck 10 above lido deck pools are never Crowded. I did prefer Legend over Spirit, as lots of Aussies loved a certain Cruise band & a certain MaitreD on Spirit, but I had just as good experiences in these areas on Legend. Plus those URN'S. LOVE THE URN'S. 

Went on Legend 10 times, going to miss Spirit class here in Australia 😥😥. Going on Splendor first-time in October, hope they send Miracle to Brisbane..

• Like 1